Bloomberg L.P.

1,754 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Products Sales&Analytics Interview

Financial Products Sales&Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied a position in Beijing office. Hong Kong office HR interviewed me. All basic behavior questions: Why Bloomberg? Why you? Then followed up with a role play - giving a cold call and sell a product to him. Last was Q&A section. He did not give much information on my questions, and said "that's so far you need to know" . Got the second round offer, but somehow didn't proceed in the end. The HR was a bit mean and unprofessional, which ruined my good impression about Bloomberg.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – started with a phone interview. Was asked the standard BBerg questions. Why Bloomberg? what do you like about our culture etc.

2 weeks later was brought into NY office. Did the standard shadowing of two differnt people working on the terminals. Then had the interview with 3 "Account Managers".

Did not ask anything overly difficult. Had a list of of very standard and marginally relevant interview questions. Like how many terminals are in the world?

Interview Question – How many bloomberg terminals are in the world?   View Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

Interview Details – Screening through a recruiting agency over the phone, then one phone interview and a visit to NYC to be interviewed by 2 different teams of 2 people each, 3 hours with groups of 2 people, for a total of 12 people, the interview lasted all day, they paid for my plane tickets and hotel. I learned that both teams wanted me when the recruiter called me next day with the job offer.

Interview Question – One question was about auto suggestions in a browser
How threading works in different flavors of Unix
C++ question
There were more questions but I can't remember now but I will update this information in the future.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation started right next day after I got the offer. They paid relocation expenses and a rented apartment in Manhattan for a month.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interviews including group interview, role play, and back-to-back. Initially contacted by a member of the recruiting team asking to schedule a phone interview, then proceeded to 1-1 interview with current team lead. Third round was with office department manager, fourth round with office sales head and analytics head, final round with region sales head and analytics head.

Interview Question – Besides financial institutions, can you identify any firms in other industries will be a potential customer of BBG? Please provide a way of reaching out to the firm(s) and sell them our core product.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview was followed by a six-round in house on a Friday. Department head asked about salary expectations. I received an offer on following Monday, with compensation package almost doubled.

Interview Question – tns namespace in wsdl   Answer Question

Financial Analytics Interview

Financial Analytics
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview was brief. Asked to go over background and walk through resume. Asked why you wanted to work at Bloomberg, why this position in particular. Asked how this position would help define your career path. Asked about current events you are following.

Interview Question – Describe current market event you are following.   Answer Question

SAP Project Analyst Interview

SAP Project Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process consists of working initially with an HR Representative for Initial Interview and the ongoing process. The HR Representative will set up a phone interview with an HR Specialist to vet your skills. Then upon that discussion will set phone interviews with the hiring manager and relevant stakeholders. The hiring manager will request an office interview. Sometimes the office interviews can be spaced out or you can meet with all relevant managers and upper department managers. The HR Represenative will extend offer via phone and a faxed offer letter.

Interview Question – I am the business person you are supporting on this new initiative which I am unfamiliar. Explain to me the benefits as-if you are delivering a presentation on this today for my buyin.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would have been and should have. I feel I was in a position where the offer was good one and I was excited to take the position. I should have negotiated for a bit more after realizing the work load and the true expectations.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of techincal interviews. In both of them I was asked to code, basically algorithms. A problem was given and they had given me screen share access. They saw while I coded. 1st round went cool and I was selected for 2nd round. In the 2nd round the interviewer was very rigid and wanted me to code a particular way. Asked other java questions like garbage collection ,inner classes. Also asked a few database questions like joins and example usage of a left outer join.

Interview Question – They asked me to code a problem that was based on inversions algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews followed by some onsite I think. I got out in the 2nd round. Questions were answerable and not very tough. Mostly were on data strcutures and algorithms.

Interview Question – Were on datastuctures   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied directly to a position on their website and was contacted by a hiring manager.
He asked a few questions then setup a phone interview with the direct manager. I interviewed with the direct head of the product team via the telephone. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Question – How would you grow our product line?   Answer Question