Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

315 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Submitted application online, got an instant reply to schedule phone interview. HR called me up and conducted a 40 minutes interview about my motivation, financial knowledge and news. Interviewer asked a lot of questions and threw a lot of unexpected information at you.

Global Data Economics Analyst- French Or German Speaker-London Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied Online. I was first contacted via email by a Junior Recruiter one month after application, then had a second email exchange with another recruiter to arrange a phone interview. That first phone interview was with a senior Analyst in the same role.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between nominal and real GDP?   View Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

Recruiter called me and proposed the above role with Bloomberg. Interview with two members of the team.Competency based and some questions regarding recent evemnts in the financial markets and commodities especially, as the role was focused on energy markets. They insist on why Bloomberg and why not an Investment Bank.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 10m where to invest.Marketing or Bloomberg Terminal?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied through the website. I got a phone interview a week later and I received a positive answer a few hours after the interview. This first interview was quite easy, reversing strings in java and fibonacci. Then a second interview with 2 software developer using a cisco jabber videoconference solution. However, the video did not work, so it was another phone interview. It was hard to hear the second engineer and he did not seem to care about it.

Interview Questions
    • You have a given set of prices in an Array, find at which price you should buy and at which price you should sell so that you maximize the gain   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

I applied online through their platform, where I had to provide a CV, cover letter, a transcript and had to answer a question "Why do you want to become a software engineer?".

I got an email from the HR department asking me to pick a 45-minute slot within the next two weeks where I could participate to a telephone interview. Also, they requested me to have access to a computer with internet connection during the interview for the technical part.

The interview started off with a guy from the R&D department describing the whole process: basic questions related to the company followed by a technical. Some basic questions: "Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?", "What do you know about Bloomberg?", "Tell me about a project that you enjoyed", "What did you learn by working on this project?", etc.

After that, we switched to the technical part, which is taken in your most familiar programming language(I did it in Java), where I had to answer basic questions about how Java works, the JVM, difference between Java and C++. Also, had to answer basic questions about wrapper classes, how java handles pointers, and had to come up with an algorithm to a specific scenario.

The guy was really nice and always tried to encourage and help me during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Had to think of an efficient algorithm to calculate the average of an array by removing the minimum and maximum.   View Answer

Market Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online on the website, then received an telephone interview confirmation ( please check junk mail, I found mine there). You will get a phone call from HR manager , Do not go in-depth with the knowledge of bloomberg (keep it brief and interesting). Got asked "Difference between asset and debt" and "What do you know about the company", "Why this role?", " What latest financial news captured your eye?"

Interview Questions
    • "give a time of when you completed your project successfully what approaches did you take?"   Answer Question

Bilingual Technical Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

I applied on the company website and the process took about 2 weeks.

I received an email for the telephone interview and the interview lasted 11 mins.

I am kind for worry as i saw many people here got an email the same day after the phone interview but i was told they will get back to me in few weeks.

The interview was mainly about my background, experience and motivations.

Still waiting for an updates.

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described. Why do you want to work here? / Why Bloomberg??; What do you know about Bloomberg?;

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell Bloomberg to a group of strangers in a room when you have no time to prepare at all?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interviews were fast and efficient. Why Bloomberg and why role was the most prominent. Talk about having sales or customer related experiences. Try to show you are passionate about the firm and know its history. Know competitors and be able to pitch why BBG is the better option. Also make sure you can tell them how you would convince corporates that the BBG terminal is a value add as opposed to a cost. Also have an idea of new markets for BBG to explore.

Interview Questions
    • Role play involving multiple requests for help while at the terminal. One from trader, one from Bank of England analyst and another from hedge fund.   View Answer

Glorified call centre

Sales&Analytics Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Apply online. Invited to the first round interview directly and invited to the second round about two weeks later. Two interviewers. One from HR and one senior manager from sales team. Questions varies.

Interview Questions
    • How to differentiate bloomberg with other companies. Try to sell the iPhone to us   View Answer