Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in New York, NY

3.1

515 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Product Sales & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

First round- phone interview. Basic questions such as tell me about yourself? Why Bloomberg? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Second round- 2 speed interviews (30 min each) and then a tour. Same behavioral questions as the phone interview and also some technical questions. Tell me about yourself? Why Bloomberg? How many terminals have they sold globally? Explain the position your applying for? What are you following in the markets? How has specific news affect the stock or market? Also, make sure you know the difference between buy and sell side, and that the terminal accounts for 75% of revenue.

Final interview- 2:1 more technical, less behavioral. They will be tough on you. I was late 15 min due to traffic so they were extra aggressive. They will ask more specific questions about your resume. Be on top of news and current market conditions. I mentioned tensions in Iraq and how it affects oil prices. Then, they asked me the price of oil. Luckily, I read it earlier that day. Be prepared and be confident. They will try to intimidate you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - Interviewed at Bloomberg in June 2014.

This is the round in Bloomberg US Interview:
    -Technical Interview
    -Management Interview
    -Senior Management Interview
    -Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there are good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer at PWC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

the hiring process is long., lack of communication from HR. Interviewers seems disinterested, asked the same questions over and over. The job seems boring and basically it's a customers service job, not related to finance field. However, the office is nice and some employees are really friendly ( not all ,though).

Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

I am going to keep it short. The previous reviews outline the process and give a pretty solid idea of the questions asked during the interview. However be careful you might get asked to stay in a weird way that you have to read into it. We were told that there are not enough managers to interview us and we will be notified if we get selected to come back. I had mixed signals and the HR campus recruiter who made the announcement so I took it for face value since it came from someone IN CHARGE. Then I found out it was a lie. Why do such a reputable company's HR have to lie???? Here is a good idea start handing out envelopes for instance formally showing interest rather than "see you soon" or just ask the candidate to stay for the next round. That was my experience. Lying is definitely not an excuse to discharge disqualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If you hear "there are not enough managers to interview you" know that you are not selected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

I applied through my university's career website. I was contacted a few days later as to what time I would be able to talk for 30 minutes. It was fairly basic. Asked me about my past experience, what I did. I spoke to a guy and he seemed genuinely interested with what I said. The conversation didn't last long. I more or less knew by the end that I was moved on to the next round, which was the next week. I had to arrive at 7:45 am, and more or less than were 40 people there. We were segmented into 3 groups, with different schedules: interview, terminal tutorial, floor tour in different orders. The interview is 1 hour long but is segmented into two 30 minute interviews with different people: one in sales and the other in analytics. I had read on previous glassdoor interview reviews that they tell you around midday who should stay or leave; that is how you know if you move on to the next round. We were all surprised when they told us to all go home and that they would let us know in a few days if we would go on to the final round. The final round was an individual interview. I first shadowed an employee who had been there for 1 year. It lasted about half another. I later had another interview with a team leader. He asked more specific questions about my resume and on sales. Apparently we hit it off because I had another interview with a team leader in sales. This was harder. There are not many meeting rooms available, so it wasn't too personal. It was noisy, the light made me feel sleepy, and sometimes we got kicked out of the room because someone had it reserved. Also, the meeting rooms had clear windows so everyone can see inside. Could be a bit distracting. In the end, they told me they would let me know in 24-48 hours if I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what is something you wish you could have changed from your last job?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite app right now? Try to sell me that app.   Answer Question
    • What do you want to get into in a few years?
      Why sales?
        Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with the news? How do you think that current event will affect Bloomberg in sales?
      What is something in the market that you are interested in?
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Lots of tedious online tests before even getting to a phone interview - which was itself another interacitve computer test. It seemed like a lot of trouble considering the job. I find it kind of funny companies like Bloomberg (& Google & M$ et al) go so crazy for difficult interviews for what are basically run-of-the-mill IT jobs.

Interview Questions

I didn't care for the corporate culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Applied online. Started with a very short 10min phone screening with HR, and quick online personality test.

Next round was an onsite interview at their NYC HQ, which included a terminal demonstration, tour of the building, and back to back interviews with two people from Sales & Analytics - 30min each. Standard questions - i.e. Why Bloomberg x100, why finance, basic behavioral questions, tell me recent news story, Bloomberg's competitors, etc.

Last round was a job shadow with a current analytics member (be sure to ask a lot of questions to show your interest) and a one-hour interview with two managers. Similar questions as the previous round + a sales role play for a phone app.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

The HR people were completely unprepared for the offer discussion and promised benefits that ultimately were not part of the employee package. The hiring and position manager knew very little about the job (she was new to her role). Complete dissonance from outside reputation of company.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you staying at home with your children?   View Answer
    HR were quite unprofessional.

Entry-Level Market Data Research & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Submit the application through school online career service, received an email from Bloomberg to schedule a 30-mintue phone interview. Interview questions include: What's Bloomberg, what's our products and services, what's our main competitors and behavior questions such as tell me one time that you show your leadership skills

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult as long as you prepared and get to know What does Bloomberg do, what are the products/services and its competitors.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

I applied for the position online. One phone screen, then 3 interviews. The first two with two interviews and the last with the manager. I was asked a bunch of questions in the last interview that had nothing to do with the job description, which was as a Wordpress Developer. I wouldn't have applied for the job if I had known that there were requirements that I did not meet. When I asked him what he was looking for for the position, he told me "Software Engineer". This is not the job that I applied for and I would not have applied for it. It became very clear that we were wasting our time and I told the interviewer so.

I was a little annoyed at the end, but everyone was very nice. The interview process was pretty good and it seems like it would be a nice place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Questions completely unrelated to the position of Wordpress developer.   Answer Question