Bloomberg L.P. Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

3.5

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online. Recruiter was very rude, had me clear my schedule for 2 hours to be available for a phone call. Cancelled the first time, 5 MINUTES before the 2-hour window was up. Almost happened the second time, but I called HR and explained that this would be the second time this would happen and that my time wasn't being respected. Recruiter probably had me on speaker phone while cooking because she was spacey and nonresponsive.

Interview Questions
  • "Walk me through your resume"... isn't this the recruiter's job? I'm here on the phone with you to talk about stuff that doesn't fit on a page!!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

interviewed with different members of the team, friendly and professional. the new york office is very new and impressive, there were a good selection of snacks in the snack bar and people seems to enjoy them

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Apply online and received email to setup first phone interview. It took about 50 minutes. They asked about my background, project experience, and some probability questions. After couple weeks, I received another email to setup an onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

1st interview: phone interview (background about CV)
    2st interview: at office (technical questions i.g stochastic calculus, C++

it took about 2 weeks and i did not get an offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

3 1:1 interview, including Stochastic Calculus, portfolio allocation, some math problem. Just quant stuff.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

The phone interview lasted 40 minutes. The interviewer asked basic questions about math, pde, programming, finance questions

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

It is a 2:1 interview. Two interviewers and me. Based on my resume, they asked me a lot of C++ programming techs. And they improvise, extend to other not related at all techs, detailed to memory locating, etc. Then brain teaser. It is quite okay, but they want to show your whole thinking process. I ended up gave them not a standard answer, and explain to them step by step why this works. They pay great attention to my thinking process. Last, they gave me a problem to write the usdo code. And comment, ask why I did this on every step. It is a little bit difficult to concentrate, but I guess it is how the working environments are, you constantly dealing with people, and coworkers. It ended up badly with not remembering some library code, and not familiar with the hardware related coding.

Interview Questions
    • how to inverse visit a linked lists by not introducing any variables?   Answer Question