Bloomberg L.P. Quantitative Developer Interview Questions

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

This was a phone interview for BVAL quantitative developer position. The questions were not difficult but the interviewer was in a great hurry and didn't wait for answers. I feel I wasn't agressive enough in my replies. It was like a stress test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

I applied online and has to complete a series of C questions. Questions are tricky and you have to be careful. Within one day completing the test, I got an email from HR requesting for a phone interview. The phone interview is about 40 minutes with 2 person asking technical questions. After waiting more than few weeks after the phone interview and still no response, I follow up with the HR, and immediately I got a reply for an in-house invitation to Bloomberg. They paid for my flight + hotel + car transportation from airport to hotel. The on-site interview consists of a series of technical questions with 2 engineers, and behavioral questions with a recruiter, and finally got to chat with a more senior engineer and a lot of opportunity to ask questions. The on-site interview is about 2 hours. I got a $100 gift card for travel + meal expenses reimbursement after the interview. They told me to wait for couple weeks for the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • what is deadlock? how to detect if a deadlock has occurred and how to troubleshoot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

Multiple rounds

first round was pure technical question was implement the Least Recently used algorithm for a cache...and then optimize it for very large cache memory/...

Write code for

second que was reverse a string ?

third que was {aabbbcc} ==== {a2b3c2}

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

behavioral and technical questions includes memory management, pointers, arrays etc. and writing some codes in c++ little bit stress tests that interviewer try to make angry, but at the end you find a smile on his face. and wait for 3 weeks without any response back, finally when you send an email about the result of the interview an immediate response came up from the human resource saying that they regret of not extending any job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

I applied online and got an online IQ test in 2 days. Questions in the IQ test are logic questions. No programing. 2 weeks later I was given a phone interview. The interviewer are very friendly. He asked me about my resume, some behavior questions, data structur, algorithms and programming. Then I got the invitation to an onsite interview at the end of this month.

Quantitative Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2010.

A recruiter helped submitting the cv to the group, after one week, they decided to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview schedule very quickly - within one week. The interviewer is nice. There are no too much brainteasers. The interview mainly focus on the math, probability, stochastic calculus, and c++ programming questions.

Quantitative Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

Applied online. Had a phone interview which consisted of a brain teaser and kind of a technical programming question. Interviewer was very friendly and our interview sort of turned into a conversation after a bit, which was 45 minutes long total in length. Called up the next day for an onsite interview. They will fly me up to New York for what I assume will be an all day interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you structure the data inside a cell phone (i.e. contacts, emails, sms, etc)?   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

I apply on line, then after a week I got a email said I pass the resume review to get into the next around, an online test for my strongest programming language. After two days, I got a link to the online test, the test is really hard, ask lots of detail questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!