Bloomberg L.P. Reporter Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2015
Updated Jan 10, 2015

3.4

Reporting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied with clips and cover letter. One interview with an HR rep, who was unfriendly and late to our scheduled meeting time. Moved on to testing at HQ, was not pushed forward -- though, for multiple reasons, I don't think this was a result of the test, but rather the interview.

Interview Questions

• None. I don't think they were looking for specific answers, rather that you'd fit into Bloomberg culture.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Reporting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview

Very efficient interview process. From the moment I first received a time for a phone interview to the follow-up interview and extention of an offer, HR worked fairly quickly. All interviews were over the phone with two different individuals each time. Both were very professional and covered the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Writing test was long, but very fair. Best advice is to keep up-to-date with news beforehand (But I guess that's also well-understood if you want to go into reporting).   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Interview

Be prepared to demonstrate knowledge of basic economics and business vocabulary. There will be multiple interviews and a written test.

Interview Questions

• There may be a question about ethics.   1 Answer

Report Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

You will be asked detailed questions about previous jobs and given a written test measuring writing speed and accuracy.

Interview Questions

• There was a trick question of sorts assessing news judgment. Don't know if they still do this.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer exceeded the range I listed.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The process took a little less than 3 months and a total of 5 interviews plus a final interview where the only question is "so do you want to work here?" (the right answer is yes, by the way). 3 of the interviews were done by phone and it sounded like they were just reciting the questions without really listening to my answers, while the other two felt more like an informal chat with very few hard hitting questions. I have a feeling they were more concerned with how well we got along than finding out more about me.

Interview Questions

• How can we be sure that you will pick up the skills you're still missing?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

intense, frenetic work culture was evident during interview in DC. High stress among my soon-to-be supervising editor who left a few months after I joined the company. Years ago, hiring process was relatively informal, based upon editors' review of clips and resume and final interview with Editor in Chief Matt Winkler. Tip back then: Say ``yes'' emphatically if Winkler asks whether you want to work for Bloomberg.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

met with three different editor pus editor in chief

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual, and the test was cake   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Reporter Interview

Interview

I had a introduction to the bureau chief from a friend of mine, who had already worked there. I had a test and then had two more interviews. I also had the last interview with the editor-in-chief.

Interview Questions

• I already had some experience as a journalist. There weren't that difficult questions or something like that. I was asked about, why I was interested in working for the company, just simple stuff like, what I could achieve for the company, etc.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Asia Pacific hiring HQ is in Tokyo and I got a phone interview with a HR director.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (City of London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interminable. If you're a poor candidate, you still have a good chance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that springs to mind. Just make sure you know the company. Borrow a copy of the Bloomberg Way in advance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, once the six rounds over six months had been negotiated.