Bloomberg L.P. Reporter Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

intense, frenetic work culture was evident during interview in DC. High stress among my soon-to-be supervising editor who left a few months after I joined the company. Years ago, hiring process was relatively informal, based upon editors' review of clips and resume and final interview with Editor in Chief Matt Winkler. Tip back then: Say ``yes'' emphatically if Winkler asks whether you want to work for Bloomberg.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Reporting Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Very efficient interview process. From the moment I first received a time for a phone interview to the follow-up interview and extention of an offer, HR worked fairly quickly. All interviews were over the phone with two different individuals each time. Both were very professional and covered the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Writing test was long, but very fair. Best advice is to keep up-to-date with news beforehand (But I guess that's also well-understood if you want to go into reporting).   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Be prepared to demonstrate knowledge of basic economics and business vocabulary. There will be multiple interviews and a written test.

Report Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

You will be asked detailed questions about previous jobs and given a written test measuring writing speed and accuracy.

Interview Questions
    • There was a trick question of sorts assessing news judgment. Don't know if they still do this.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation. The offer exceeded the range I listed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

met with three different editor pus editor in chief

Interview Questions
    • nothing unusual, and the test was cake   View Answer
    take it or leave it

Reporter Interview

I had a introduction to the bureau chief from a friend of mine, who had already worked there. I had a test and then had two more interviews. I also had the last interview with the editor-in-chief.

Interview Questions
    • I already had some experience as a journalist. There weren't that difficult questions or something like that. I was asked about, why I was interested in working for the company, just simple stuff like, what I could achieve for the company, etc.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Asia Pacific hiring HQ is in Tokyo and I got a phone interview with a HR director.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interminable. If you're a poor candidate, you still have a good chance.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that springs to mind. Just make sure you know the company. Borrow a copy of the Bloomberg Way in advance.   Answer Question
    Simple, once the six rounds over six months had been negotiated.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oslo (Norway)
    Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

A couple of days after applying for the position online, I received a phone call regarding the position. A short telephone interview - very basic questions about my professional background - and as a result, I was asked to come over to do a skills test. The 3-hour skills test was challenging and included writing, editing, explaining relevant terms and phrases, calculations etc. After the test there was a very brief interview, but the recruiting manager didn't seem to know how to interview people for jobs. Feedback from the skills test was promised within a few weeks and when I didn't receive any, inquired the HR about the status. Received a rude answer saying they haven't had the time to check my test but will get back to me within a couple of weeks. Several months later received an email the position has been filled. Overall experience was very non-professional.

Interview Questions
    • Exchange rates of different currencies and comparing them - "which is more valuable, 10 NOK 1 USD or 100 Chinese yan".   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2010.

Phone interview: on current news, knowledges on financial market, case study.
    Written test: three parts, financial knowledge, news writing and editing, essay on an open question

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!