Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Skillman, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

Interview Details – I have been through 3 interviews and heard that there are gonna 2 more. I also heard that they just interview to show that they really care and are serious in interviewing candidate but they already have there candidates from interns.

Interview Question – Not really difficult but maybe the more difficult ones are coming.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Interview Details – As usual Bloomberg's interview process was very quick. I've interviewed twice for two different positions, one in New York City and the other in DC. The first was both by phone and then face-to-face with New Energy Finance in NYC. I initially applied for a research position then was recommended I try sales and development. After speaking to the folks it seemed a bit to sales for my taste in profession.

This last interview was a phone interview here in DC. The interview was very straight forward, I actually think I may have over-prepared for it. It was a good lesson. I prepared papers, water, a bunch of materials and probably ended up over-anwering the interview questions when straight succinct answers were probably expected. The interviewer seemed satisfied with shorter, perhaps, two sentence answers.

Interview Question – Do you know about BGOV?   View Answer

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting all the necessary documents, the process starts with a phone interview from HR, very routine stuff, but in two languages (I guess this depends on where your are applying to). After that another more technical interview directly dealing with the issues you are expected to address in your work. Finally one final interview with the department manager.

Interview Question – How would you build a forecasting model for product X in an nascent market where there is no previous sales data on such product anywhere in the world?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call, did a phone interview and went for three in person interviews. Then, the HR rep completely disappeared and stopped returning my calls. This is at least the third time they have done this to me. I interviewed with them several years ago and they pulled the exact same thing. I am so done with this company. Never again. I feel like they post fake jobs to make it look like they are growing and keep the HR team busy.

Interview Question – What is your salary range?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.