Bloomberg L.P.

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Analytics Interview

Sales and Analytics

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Got a phone interview after one week sending out resume. The interview questions were behavioral and hey valued the leadership and ability to group of the candidate slightly more than other qualities for this position. The interviewer were nice. But the response was quite slow, had to waited a few weeks for the notification. Overall, it was a moderate experience but Bloomberg was definitely a reputational company to work for.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Question – Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very efficient HR! Got a call for interview one week after I applied. Two interviews took place all in the same week and got the offer by the end of the week!

Interview Question – Role Play   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by HR for initial interview.
Lasted 20 minutes then moved on to inperson interview with Analytics manager

Interview Question – Describe a relevant news story you've been following   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I applied online on my career services website. The process took a week or so for them to get back to me. They got back to me via email in regards to setting up a phone interview that would be approximately 15 minutes. During the interview they asked me about my resume and then asked me if I had any questions for them. After asking a couple of questions they let me know that I would hear from them soon and that the next interview would be in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – If I had any questions for them, meaning that they wanted to know if I knew anything about their business.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round 10 minute phone interview. Asked why I wanted job and explain a story in the markets.

2nd round Superday, one half hour interview. Qualitative questions, and explain one story you've been following in the news.

Interview Question – 3 biggest things you learned from your summer job.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2012.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions about resume, knowledge about company, job function

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through Bloomberg's website on Friday midnight, and was so surprised that they got back to me by Monday afternoon. The HR arranged a phone call for Wednesday. My phone interview was with the HR and it was a pretty basic phone interview. She asked me to go over my resume, tell her what I have done in school etc and if I was really interested in Finance. Then she asked another question "What other companies other than Bloomberg did you apply to?". I counted a few banks, thinking that who applies to just one position at one firm in this economy? Then she went on to ask "Amongst the companies that you applied, which one would you prefer working for, excluding Bloomberg?" I was quite shocked by this question because it was definitely tricky. I never thought I would get asked this question during an interview because for all I know, why do they care what other companies that I applied to? It's none of their business but, I hesitated and asked if she wanted an answer excluding Bloomberg, and when she reiterated her answer, I gave her an honest answer. As soon as I gave myself up, I knew from her tone that she was no longer interested in me. I didn't get invited for another interview, and I got an automated email the following week that I wasn't selected. I understand that this was a bad answer, and no one wants to hear your true answers during an interview. It's all about giving answers that they want to hear.

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through my school's job website. Bloomberg called me within a week for a phone interview. Asked me about myself and why I wanted to work for Bloomberg.

They flew me to a regional event. There were about 20 other kids invited to it.
Most stressed question: Why do you want to work for Bloomberg instead of go into Banking.

Know everything about the company. What are their products? Who do they sell to?

Overall good experience - they put me in a nice hotel and did not make me wait long for the interview to start.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Bloomberg instead of go into Banking?   Answer Question
  • What does Bloomberg do? Have you used the terminal before? If so, what did you use it for?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Interview Details – Doubled teamed by 2 interviewers. Asked generic questions and were overall very friendly. I got stumped when one of them asked me my stance on QE2, and I told her I knew what it was but didn't have an opinion on it... mistake.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!