Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2009.

Interview Details – it was very simple and casual, i met with my (potential) manager -- interview lasted about an hour and the next week I got an offer. This was several years ago and seems to have changed significantly. I was also recommended by a current employee. This is the fastest way to get a job here, find someone you know who works there and have them submit your resume.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is about the Bloomberg culture. Be upbeat, talk about doing whatever it takes and show that you want to be a part of a team. The culture and values are the #1 reason they hire people. If the interviewer doesn't think you will be a good fit then you wont get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was pretty simple. I told them what I wanted and what I was currently making and they increased my base by about 10% but highlighted all the "free benefits" (that has changed as you now pay a nominal fee for healthcare costs).

London, England (UK)

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Application, followed by test, followed by phone interview, 1st round, and 2nd round. Final round if successful

Sales

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• if it takes 29 frogs, 29 minutes to catch 29 flies. How many frogs does it take to catch 87 flies if you gave them 87 minutes?   View Answer
  • Add the numbers from 1-100. i.e. 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 ......   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Rough

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to bloomberg twice online. No matter they give the offer or not, the hiring process is fast and efficient. I always receive feedback within 2-3 days. I like the process in the sense that the clear cut way of doing things fits better in the fast changing business world.

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interview Details – got a call from Bloomberg HR.
Next day arranged a 1:1 interview. the interview consist of a lot of market knowledge about different asset classes. It is very fair you just need to know and back what you put on your CV.
also a lot of questions about your experience and how will react to different situatins.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the debt crisis in europe?   Answer Question
  • How would you recommend to buy a specific stock in a field and what ratios you would use?   Answer Question

Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple behavioral questions that you would find on any other interview (i.e. teamwork, previous internships/jobs, classes, organizations, etc). Threw a curveball with "Tell me what's going on in the news right now," but I was prepared to answer since I read the Wall Street Journal everyday (recommend the same for everyone).

Interview Question – Tell me about what's going on in the news right now   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with HR was great, very nice lady really interested in learning about my personality. When i went in person to meet 2 people from the salesteam - a manager and a sales person, I was in shock.
They asked questions such as "what are the 2 carachteristics you will bring to bloomberg that are going to 'wow' us?". No questions about my performance, my sales skills, etc. It is as if they had a silly script. Hated every second of it, and felt really stupid, being a experienced professional with 10 years experience and an MBA, being asked so many stupid questions.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Bloomberg that is going to 'wow' us?   View Answer
  • Selling Bloomberg terminal is very "difficult and technical", can you do it?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2009.

Interview Details – took a long time to wait for a reply.
bloomberg screened thousands of candidates that might be a possible reason.
group interview in first round.
1:1 in second round.

Interview Question – what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Sales interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.