Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.
- Financial Software Developer (288)
- Financial Sales and Analytics (254)
- Software Engineer (198)
- Software Developer (154)
- Financial Software Developer Intern (100)
- Sales and Analytics (97)
- Global Data Analyst (77)
- Data Analyst (65)
- Global Data (56)
- Senior Software Engineer (45)
- Financial Applications Engineer (45)
- Intern (41)
- Financial Software Engineer (40)
- Global Customer Support (35)
- Financial Applications Developer (31)
- Senior Software Developer (30)
- Analyst (22)
- Sales and Analytics Intern (22)
- Financial Product Sales and Analytics (21)
- Global Customer Support Representative (21)
- Sales Representative (19)
- Financial Analyst (17)
- Market Data Analyst (14)
- Analytics Representative (13)
- Global Technical Support (13)
- Financial Product Sales & Analytics (12)
- Financial Products Sales and Analytics (11)
- Financial Sales Analyst (11)
- Financial Analytics Analyst (11)
- Customer Support Specialist (10)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2009.
it was very simple and casual, i met with my (potential) manager -- interview lasted about an hour and the next week I got an offer. This was several years ago and seems to have changed significantly. I was also recommended by a current employee. This is the fastest way to get a job here, find someone you know who works there and have them submit your resume.
- The most difficult question is about the Bloomberg culture. Be upbeat, talk about doing whatever it takes and show that you want to be a part of a team. The culture and values are the #1 reason they hire people. If the interviewer doesn't think you will be a good fit then you wont get the job. Answer Question
The negotiation phase was pretty simple. I told them what I wanted and what I was currently making and they increased my base by about 10% but highlighted all the "free benefits" (that has changed as you now pay a nominal fee for healthcare costs).
Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.
Sales InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.
Sales InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2010.
Very simple behavioral questions that you would find on any other interview (i.e. teamwork, previous internships/jobs, classes, organizations, etc). Threw a curveball with "Tell me what's going on in the news right now," but I was prepared to answer since I read the Wall Street Journal everyday (recommend the same for everyone).
- Tell me about what's going on in the news right now Answer Question
Sales InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2009.
took a long time to wait for a reply. bloomberg screened thousands of candidates that might be a possible reason. group interview in first round. 1:1 in second round.
- what is your weakness? Answer Question