Bloomberg L.P. Sales Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application, followed by test, followed by phone interview, 1st round, and 2nd round. Final round if successful

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2009.

it was very simple and casual, i met with my (potential) manager -- interview lasted about an hour and the next week I got an offer. This was several years ago and seems to have changed significantly. I was also recommended by a current employee. This is the fastest way to get a job here, find someone you know who works there and have them submit your resume.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is about the Bloomberg culture. Be upbeat, talk about doing whatever it takes and show that you want to be a part of a team. The culture and values are the #1 reason they hire people. If the interviewer doesn't think you will be a good fit then you wont get the job.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was pretty simple. I told them what I wanted and what I was currently making and they increased my base by about 10% but highlighted all the "free benefits" (that has changed as you now pay a nominal fee for healthcare costs).

Sales Interview

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Multiple interviews.

Interview Questions
    • if it takes 29 frogs, 29 minutes to catch 29 flies. How many frogs does it take to catch 87 flies if you gave them 87 minutes?   View Answer
    • Add the numbers from 1-100. i.e. 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 ......   View Answer
    Rough

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

I applied to bloomberg twice online. No matter they give the offer or not, the hiring process is fast and efficient. I always receive feedback within 2-3 days. I like the process in the sense that the clear cut way of doing things fits better in the fast changing business world.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

got a call from Bloomberg HR.
    Next day arranged a 1:1 interview. the interview consist of a lot of market knowledge about different asset classes. It is very fair you just need to know and back what you put on your CV.
    also a lot of questions about your experience and how will react to different situatins.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about the debt crisis in europe?   Answer Question
    • How would you recommend to buy a specific stock in a field and what ratios you would use?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2010.

Very simple behavioral questions that you would find on any other interview (i.e. teamwork, previous internships/jobs, classes, organizations, etc). Threw a curveball with "Tell me what's going on in the news right now," but I was prepared to answer since I read the Wall Street Journal everyday (recommend the same for everyone).

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview with HR was great, very nice lady really interested in learning about my personality. When i went in person to meet 2 people from the salesteam - a manager and a sales person, I was in shock.
    They asked questions such as "what are the 2 carachteristics you will bring to bloomberg that are going to 'wow' us?". No questions about my performance, my sales skills, etc. It is as if they had a silly script. Hated every second of it, and felt really stupid, being a experienced professional with 10 years experience and an MBA, being asked so many stupid questions.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to Bloomberg that is going to 'wow' us?   View Answer
    • Selling Bloomberg terminal is very "difficult and technical", can you do it?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2009.

took a long time to wait for a reply.
    bloomberg screened thousands of candidates that might be a possible reason.
    group interview in first round.
    1:1 in second round.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!