Bloomberg L.P. Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Multiple rounds - 1 on 1 with 3 different individuals.

For another internal role had one 2-on-1 and an additional two 1 on 1s.

No canned questions.

Interview Questions
  • Asked for honest opinion of current role which I was moving from because I didn't like it. Detailing out issues with current role and how I had tried to be constructive about it.   Answer Question
NA - Wouldn't negotiate but took my existing salary and said I would be able to discuss with them at year end.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

2 on 1 interviews. Market knowledge is very important

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

I was out of state and applied for the BLAW Sales rep position. About two months later, I got a call from the HR rep. The interview process was pretty standard and the final presentation was a test of your sales skills. I was in a room of about 4-5 members of the sales team. I was given some promotional material (they do not give you access to the platform because they want to see you sell the product) and a scenario surrounding my meeting with the team (posing as a fictional law firm). Be prepared for anything because what I was told by the HR rep was not the actual scenario I was given at the interview.

Bloomberg Law is a different culture from what you will find in the legal information industry. They all report to an office (industry standard is to work from home) and it is an open environment. No offices or even cubicles. A very entrepreneurial culture for the company.

I don't know if they have had bad experiences in the past with people from my current employment, but they kept repeating how you cannot slack off at Bloomberg. I went to top schools and made century club in sales last year, so I was a little confused about the constant mention of not being able to slack off.

Interview Questions
    • In one of my 1:1 interviews a sales rep asked me to do a mock phone call with her about what I would say to a GC.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Phone interview--Assessment center-- Round 1 interview --Final round interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2011.

easy interviews, basic finance question, lot of questions about product and business

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Telephone interview (5 minutes): why do you want to work with us? why this specific role? what are, in your opinion the mani skills to succeed in this role?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you prefer to work with us rather than in a bank?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

fairly simple process and met with a supervisor. tough questions but we hit if off and i got hired.

Interview Questions
    • what qualities do you possess that would make you a good account representative?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

I obtained the interview opportunity through its Event Career hold in the company. It was a great event, people are friendly and patient about whatever your questions about Bloomberg. Then they sent me an telephone interview invitation soon, which lasts almost exactly 30 mins. Both competency questions and financial technical questions, such as why do people use call option. And also current affairs, which are asked to check whether you are really interested in what is going on in the market.

Interview Questions
    • If your friend has never heard of Bloomberg, how do you tell him about this company? What do we do.   Answer Question
    • Recent USD-Sterling exchange rate?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

I sent my CV with the cover letter. After about two weeks I got an email with arranged time for the telephone interview. The were basic question - Why Blooomberg and what do you know about it. After that the lady asked me about the latest financial news that I read about, to which I gave a good answer too. But then during the conversation I said that I wanted to do a Masters degree in the future, the person on the phone took it as a negative and said what about Bloomberg in two years ? I think that was the reason why they did not invite me for the interview, thinking that I will leave them in two years and do a Masters. I should now have said that. But to be fair Bloomberg seems to be a kind of company , where one can work for 2-3 years just for the name and them move on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the latest news in the financial world that you have read recently.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

Very basic interview questions. Talk about yourself, what you know about us, what is some stuff in the news right now. There was one guy doing the interview and it was more like a conversation. Just be able to talk about your resume and why you like this position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!