Bloomberg L.P. Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple rounds - 1 on 1 with 3 different individuals.

For another internal role had one 2-on-1 and an additional two 1 on 1s.

No canned questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for honest opinion of current role which I was moving from because I didn't like it. Detailing out issues with current role and how I had tried to be constructive about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA - Wouldn't negotiate but took my existing salary and said I would be able to discuss with them at year end.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

2 on 1 interviews. Market knowledge is very important

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was out of state and applied for the BLAW Sales rep position. About two months later, I got a call from the HR rep. The interview process was pretty standard and the final presentation was a test of your sales skills. I was in a room of about 4-5 members of the sales team. I was given some promotional material (they do not give you access to the platform because they want to see you sell the product) and a scenario surrounding my meeting with the team (posing as a fictional law firm). Be prepared for anything because what I was told by the HR rep was not the actual scenario I was given at the interview.

Bloomberg Law is a different culture from what you will find in the legal information industry. They all report to an office (industry standard is to work from home) and it is an open environment. No offices or even cubicles. A very entrepreneurial culture for the company.

I don't know if they have had bad experiences in the past with people from my current employment, but they kept repeating how you cannot slack off at Bloomberg. I went to top schools and made century club in sales last year, so I was a little confused about the constant mention of not being able to slack off.

Interview Questions

• In one of my 1:1 interviews a sales rep asked me to do a mock phone call with her about what I would say to a GC.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Group interview - a 30 mins introduction of yourself first, then go for some role and job introduction by the HR, Then you will be given 10 mins to prepare and debate over the little mermaid storytelling with your group mates
    and how to invest 10m.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied the position three days ago, and I received a call for phone interview yesterday. The interviewer was very kind. She asked me to introduce myself and I hope I was successful.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very long, 1 hour interview. Positive and smooth. was asked many questions. Checking response mainly, and see how willing you are to work for the company. Mechanic questions. Hard to know what they actually want to know about you.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview--Assessment center-- Round 1 interview --Final round interview

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Telephone interview (5 minutes): why do you want to work with us? why this specific role? what are, in your opinion the mani skills to succeed in this role?

Interview Questions

• Why do you prefer to work with us rather than in a bank?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

easy interviews, basic finance question, lot of questions about product and business

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Interview

I obtained the interview opportunity through its Event Career hold in the company. It was a great event, people are friendly and patient about whatever your questions about Bloomberg. Then they sent me an telephone interview invitation soon, which lasts almost exactly 30 mins. Both competency questions and financial technical questions, such as why do people use call option. And also current affairs, which are asked to check whether you are really interested in what is going on in the market.

Interview Questions

• If your friend has never heard of Bloomberg, how do you tell him about this company? What do we do.   Answer Question
    • Recent USD-Sterling exchange rate?   Answer Question