Bloomberg L.P. Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well as a peer interview. The team setting was round table discussion with questions asked by the interviewers. Many of the team were employees that would have been my subordinates.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple rounds - 1 on 1 with 3 different individuals. For another internal role had one 2-on-1 and an additional two 1 on 1s. No canned questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for honest opinion of current role which I was moving from because I didn't like it. Detailing out issues with current role and how I had tried to be constructive about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA - Wouldn't negotiate but took my existing salary and said I would be able to discuss with them at year end.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

2 on 1 interviews. Market knowledge is very important

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with 4-5 different persons in management. Interview process was long and drawn out over time. It spanned a few months and multiple interviews (about 8 meetings) before an offer was finally made.

Interview Questions

• What are Credit Default Swaps? What do you know about Fixed Income?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was out of state and applied for the BLAW Sales rep position. About two months later, I got a call from the HR rep. The interview process was pretty standard and the final presentation was a test of your sales skills. I was in a room of about 4-5 members of the sales team. I was given some promotional material (they do not give you access to the platform because they want to see you sell the product) and a scenario surrounding my meeting with the team (posing as a fictional law firm). Be prepared for anything because what I was told by the HR rep was not the actual scenario I was given at the interview. Bloomberg Law is a different culture from what you will find in the legal information industry. They all report to an office (industry standard is to work from home) and it is an open environment. No offices or even cubicles. A very entrepreneurial culture for the company. I don't know if they have had bad experiences in the past with people from my current employment, but they kept repeating how you cannot slack off at Bloomberg. I went to top schools and made century club in sales last year, so I was a little confused about the constant mention of not being able to slack off.

Interview Questions

• In one of my 1:1 interviews a sales rep asked me to do a mock phone call with her about what I would say to a GC.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied to the job position and the week after I received the interview proposal and it was planned for few days after. I received the negative feedback within 10 days. In any case the interview was though but they were friendly. They checked about professional and educational background, competence knowledge and additional language skills.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself through the cv? what do you think the job entails? why do you think to be suitable to the position? basic finance questions why you want to work for Bloomberg? (say it speaking in your third language)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

the process began with a simple phone call and then once i passed that stage i was asked to come in for an interview which was conducted by head of department. I was asked about work history education and my skill sets a few questions on equity markets and options which the interviewer called in a colleague who knew about the subject as it was not his area of expertise.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Group interview - a 30 mins introduction of yourself first, then go for some role and job introduction by the HR, Then you will be given 10 mins to prepare and debate over the little mermaid storytelling with your group mates and how to invest 10m.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied the position three days ago, and I received a call for phone interview yesterday. The interviewer was very kind. She asked me to introduce myself and I hope I was successful.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very long, 1 hour interview. Positive and smooth. was asked many questions. Checking response mainly, and see how willing you are to work for the company. Mechanic questions. Hard to know what they actually want to know about you.