Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to the company for the first round of interview. One HR dealt with it. It was a group interview. First he let us introduce ourselves and talk one interest part of ourselves. Then he gave us 2 million to invest and let us discuss. And a discussion on a story to rate which figure is your favorite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for initial interview.
    Lasted 20 minutes then moved on to inperson interview with Analytics manager

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied online on my career services website. The process took a week or so for them to get back to me. They got back to me via email in regards to setting up a phone interview that would be approximately 15 minutes. During the interview they asked me about my resume and then asked me if I had any questions for them. After asking a couple of questions they let me know that I would hear from them soon and that the next interview would be in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If I had any questions for them, meaning that they wanted to know if I knew anything about their business.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview

Very efficient HR! Got a call for interview one week after I applied. Two interviews took place all in the same week and got the offer by the end of the week!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

1st round 10 minute phone interview. Asked why I wanted job and explain a story in the markets.

2nd round Superday, one half hour interview. Qualitative questions, and explain one story you've been following in the news.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Asked basic questions about resume, knowledge about company, job function

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Bloomberg (what we do, what you will be doing)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through Bloomberg's website on Friday midnight, and was so surprised that they got back to me by Monday afternoon. The HR arranged a phone call for Wednesday. My phone interview was with the HR and it was a pretty basic phone interview. She asked me to go over my resume, tell her what I have done in school etc and if I was really interested in Finance. Then she asked another question "What other companies other than Bloomberg did you apply to?". I counted a few banks, thinking that who applies to just one position at one firm in this economy? Then she went on to ask "Amongst the companies that you applied, which one would you prefer working for, excluding Bloomberg?" I was quite shocked by this question because it was definitely tricky. I never thought I would get asked this question during an interview because for all I know, why do they care what other companies that I applied to? It's none of their business but, I hesitated and asked if she wanted an answer excluding Bloomberg, and when she reiterated her answer, I gave her an honest answer. As soon as I gave myself up, I knew from her tone that she was no longer interested in me. I didn't get invited for another interview, and I got an automated email the following week that I wasn't selected. I understand that this was a bad answer, and no one wants to hear your true answers during an interview. It's all about giving answers that they want to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my school's job website. Bloomberg called me within a week for a phone interview. Asked me about myself and why I wanted to work for Bloomberg.

They flew me to a regional event. There were about 20 other kids invited to it.
    Most stressed question: Why do you want to work for Bloomberg instead of go into Banking.

Know everything about the company. What are their products? Who do they sell to?

Overall good experience - they put me in a nice hotel and did not make me wait long for the interview to start.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Bloomberg instead of go into Banking?   Answer Question
    • What does Bloomberg do? Have you used the terminal before? If so, what did you use it for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview was a tour of the building by two tour guides, two separate 1:1 interviews and a presentation on the terminal. The interviewers told you a bit about themselves and expected a 15 minute pitch from you on why you're awesome and what your deal is. They had very few questions. One of my interviewers was rather rude and all she said was "I've worked here for 10 years, tell me about yourself."