Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Intern Interview Questions

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Doubled teamed by 2 interviewers. Asked generic questions and were overall very friendly. I got stumped when one of them asked me my stance on QE2, and I told her I knew what it was but didn't have an opinion on it... mistake.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2009.

Initial phone interview with an HR representative. Typical questions and going through the resume for her to get a feel for me and how I would fit with the company. Another phone interview with a manager from the department the internship was with. Somewhat similar to the HR interview but a little more behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult, pretty laid back. Received a phone call about a week later and was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2009.

Went to NYC-- they paid for air travel, hotel-- and started off with a 2 to one interview. The 2 interviewers were extremely arrogant, and basically acted as if they didn't want to be there at work. Only asked about 4 questions-- why are you here, why are interested in finance, what can you tell us about you, why Bloomberg-- very basic, and not interesting. After, they had an employee shadow the interviewees around the office.

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got a call from Singapore for the first HR Round, consisted of brief behavioral questions.

Why Bloomberg? Strengths/weaknesses etc

Second round was from a Manager, was technical based on your CV. Was asked to pitch a stock, how much i know of the Bloomberg Terminal, a bit quantitative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

As I came through the boot-camp I was entered into a final round interview. The interview was fairly aggressive and ultimately made me decide that I wouldn't want to work at Bloomberg. HR's follow up after the interview was pretty lackluster we were told we would have the results at the end of the week - I believe I actually heard their decision about 2-3 months afterward.

Interview Questions
    • How would a company protect themselves against losses that could occur if there is a breakdown in the Euro?   Answer Question

Sale and Analytics Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

The phone interview was with the recruiter and not a person who worked in the specific field. Basic behavioral questions, as well as asking what I knew about the company. The interview went smoothly, but in the end I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be the right fit for this job?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

After applying for the position as an intern. I received an e-mail asking me to set a time that will be conducive for me. I then went through two phone interviews the first with the recruiter consisted of basic questions like what do you know about Bloomberg? Is there anything in marketing you are following now? and then a brief description of the opportunity was given to me. The second interview was with a manager and also consisted of general questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses? why Bloomberg? e.t.c

Interview Questions
    • I was asked "If there was anything I was following in finance?" After answering, I was asked if I was following anything more specific, seemed my first answer was not good enough.So, I was puzzled.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

I could pass the phone interview without many difficulties, I just had to show my interest in the company and explain the reason why I would fit the position. Then, I have been called for a open day/1:1 interview where I have been tested more on my finance interest and knowledge. During the event the all team gathered together to make feel the candidates more comfortable and welcomed, very nice. After few days, I had the final interview 2:1 with the team manager and an HR. This time the questions were much more specific about finance and Bloomberg business and I think it wasn't just to check my interest, that was honest and I could show clearly, but they were looking for someone that could impress them, despite I had been said they weren't looking for experts. Eventually, I didn't get the offer, but I think my interview was good enough for an entry level position and the particular language requirements. I have the doubt they weren't really looking for anyone and they were sponsoring their company somehow... maybe in order to attract future experts or potential customers. It is just an impression and would like to know other people honest impression as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Was told by the recruiter the interview would be 15 minutes max. turned out to be 30-40 minutes long! Was a normal telephone interview and questions were general (tell me about yourself, why bloomberg, what financial news are you following) as well as situation based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

I applied online through their website 4 months before the start of the internship. Before filling out the online application I got in touch with 2 current Bloomberg employees to ask what were the expectation of the recruiters at bbg.
    Their advices: firstly, show you know what Bloomberg terminal is, what are Bloomberg's clients, their needs and how Bloomberg can help them perform their jobs better. Secondly, show Bloomberg recruiters that you understand Bloomberg culture and can contribute actively and add value to their teams and business.
    I went through the screen process writing about these two points and they contacted me for the phone inteview. The phone interview was only 10 minutes, once the recruiter noticed I had some knowledge about the terminal and was excited to work at Bloomberg she terminated the phone interview. I received the next step confirmation email within the next 3 following.
    The next and final step was an in-house event made of a presentation by the head of EMEA, a tour of the office and an interview. A few advice: show a lot of enthusiasm, talk to people around you (candiates and Bloomberg staff), demonstrate during the interview that you know about their business and you can contribute to expanding their client database and terminal sales.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you not applying for bank jobs?   View Answer
    No negotiable phase. Summer internship 2011 paid 22K pounds and full time offer following the internship paid 32K pounds.