Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Jan 15, 2015

3.1

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online for the internship position and heard back within a week to set up a phone interview. The woman called within her time frame but seemed very uninterested and I wondered how many she had had that day alone. Her first question/command was to "walk me through your resume and why you chose bloomberg" I was flustered at first and her only follow up question was why I chose finance.
After approximately 10 minutes we ended the conversation and I felt very uneasy. Nonetheless 3 weeks later I received an email for a super day. The in office super day is next week and I'm doing my very best to prepare for it since Bloomberg is my top/target company

Interview Questions
  • why finance? do you have any questions for me?(always prepare questions) WHY BLOOMBERG?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales and Analytics Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

I applied online, and got first phone interview from HongKong 20 days later. Basically just some behavior questions and how much do you know Bloomberg and its culture, products and competitors. The second phone call focused on how much do I fit with this company, what is your leadership experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Have you used Bloomberg terminal?If so, what do you think is its most impressive part?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got a phone interview after one week sending out resume. The interview questions were behavioral and hey valued the leadership and ability to group of the candidate slightly more than other qualities for this position. The interviewer were nice. But the response was quite slow, had to waited a few weeks for the notification. Overall, it was a moderate experience but Bloomberg was definitely a reputational company to work for.

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

5 rounds of interviews including group interview, role play, and back-to-back. Initially contacted by a member of the recruiting team asking to schedule a phone interview, then proceeded to 1-1 interview with current team lead. Third round was with office department manager, fourth round with office sales head and analytics head, final round with region sales head and analytics head.

Interview Questions
    • Besides financial institutions, can you identify any firms in other industries will be a potential customer of BBG? Please provide a way of reaching out to the firm(s) and sell them our core product.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview, just basic screening. Followed by an on-campus interview. Basic questions about experience and extra curricula's. Additional questions about sales experience and current fed policy.

The final round was a mirror of the second round but with the managing directors of the Sales and Analytics team and in the New York headquarters. Interviewers seem disinterested and ask basic sales questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

I had an initial phone interview that was very quick, it lasted maybe 10 minutes. They flew us all in, about 50 of us, to DC. We had a tour of the DC office and then had an hour interview scheduled for an hour. I interviewed with 2 managers, 1 one for sales and 1 for analytic. They were very nice and did not ask any trick questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

I had 1 initial phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was then called in for a super-day in the New York office, which consisted of 2, 30-minute interviews (1 with someone in sales, 1 with someone in analytics). They gave us a tour of the building and a demo of the terminal. No prior knowledge of the terminal is required. I got the internship and eventually got a full-time offer!

Phone Interview Questions:
    Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a piece of financial news you have been following. What do you know about Bloomberg? Why sales and analytics?

In-Person Interview Questions:
    Similar to phone interview, but with a little more in depth. Went through my resume and asked me specific questions about each bullet point (know your resume in depth). Sell me this pencil. How many gas stations are in the United States? Why Bloomberg over an investment bank? What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? Tell us about a time when you took a leadership role working in a group. What are the qualities of a good salesperson?

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

submitted resume online and got an on-campus interview
    mostly centered on the company and the position.
    require you to know about the economy
    what does the position do and why you are a good fit?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

After submitting an online application, I had a 30 min initial phone screen with a recruiter and was quickly invited for an in person interview at the San Francisco office.

Interview began with 20 minutes of shadowing a current employee to learn job responsibilities, terminal structure, etc. I was then taken to interview with a current Sales employee. The interview was about 40 minutes and structured mostly around fit questions- why Bloomberg, why Sales & Analytics, etc. The woman interviewing wasn't very pleasant; almost seemed as though she had a retort for all of my responses. The interview also had nothing to do with the actual job responsibilities, which essentially amount to a glorified call center.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a piece of financial news you have been following.   View Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

15 minute phone interview and then on campus interview. phone interview was standard and behavioral. On campus interview was a two on one interview with tough questions on current financial news and questions on what you think of Bloomberg