Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.1

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2009.

Interview

I had met with two representatives from Bloomberg after posting my resume and CV on my school's career website. One of them was from HR, and the other from the analytics department. We went over my resume, and they started asking me what I took away from visiting their website, and from when I had met some employees at the school career fair. Also, a lot of questions about the general economy and where it was headed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

After a phone interview with some technical questions and some personal ones, I was invited to bloomberg's hq in nyc. a 4 hour interview there involved an hour long tour, 2 hours trailing and observing employees, and a 2 on 1 interview with management where technical and personal questions were asked. you don't have to know TOO much aboutf inance for sales and analytics positions but do know about bloomberg's share in the market, and the finance community in general

Interview Questions

bloomberg seemed like an amazing place to work but the sales & analytics position was simply boring and basically like "pledging"

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

I did 4 interviews over a period of approximately 2 months; a phone interview, a 1:1 interview and a couple of 2:1 interviews with more senior people. The phone interview was a conference call between me and 2 interviewers, and lasted for 30 mins. Quite long actually, and included a lot of questions to show my interest in the company, along with some finance questions. I passed this one along with 2 other interviews. The other interviews included finance, sales, customer service and personal questions along with questions about the company and its products. Not quite easy. I wasn't successful in my last (4th) interview. Although the interview as a whole wasn't so bad, the manager who interviewed me didn't quite like my answer to one of the questions. He kept on asking me the same question all over again which stressed me out. I am not sure if it's fair to be rejected after getting this far and for messing up in one question only. My advice is: expect the unexpected and don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2011.

Interview

Submitted online application and heard back within a week. I wasn't in Hong Kong so the whole process was done via web conference. Three rounds, first 2 were successful. The last, I interviewed with the team manager. She was the deal breaker, an absolutely horrible attitude and occasionally yawned.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2011.

Interview

Telephonic interview consisted of some simple questions regarding the company and how well you know about the products offered by the company. Technical question What are Bonds?.
    Selected for the first round of personal interview. consisted of tour of the office and sitting with a current employee to know about the Bloomberg platform for about 30 minutes. Interview was 2:1 with questions Tell me about your self? Why bloomberg? What are options?. Was a good learning experience.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Interview

I talked to a Bloomberg representative at career fair, and few weeks later, I received the invitation of online application and then phone interview in hours.
    In around 20 minutes of the phone interview, I was asked the questions as follows: Why do you choose the job that is not related to your major? Why do you think you are the one we should hire? What is your most accomplishment? What do you think the reasons for China inflation?

Interview Questions

• what do you think may the reasons for china inflation?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Interview

Applied Online, Phone Interview, Group Interview with around 10-15 people, 1 on 1 Team Leader Interview, Hong Kong Manager and Sales Team Leader group interview and finally, a interview with Asia Pac manager and sales team manager. Interview was a good experience, very education if you did your homework. Some market knowledge is required. Stay positive, smile and be proactive and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why analytic? x1000   Answer Question
    • What are the top 3 Qualities of a Sales Person?   Answer Question
    • make a sales pitch, this could be random and relates to any experience you had.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the European sovereign crisis and what are the implications on the global market?   Answer Question
    • Analyze a chart with JPY/USD and explain what are the implications for Japan market if JPY increase over the USD.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was asked why Bloomberg? What does Bloomberg do? What do I do to keep up with current afffairs? What makes a good sales person? What s the current interest rate? Summarize a recent news story.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview

2 managers or team leaders asked few questions about CV in detail.
    They were very interested in how much you know about Bloomberg.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a very interesting interview experience with Bloomberg in San Fran. I chatted on the phone with a lady for my first initial interview for about half an hour and it seemed really simple. Eventually I got an email that they were willing to fly me out to San Fran to do more interviewing. During this whole process I was constantly in contact with a variety of different people in the Bloomberg office in NY and San Fran between travel plans and interviewing so they seem to have a large and efficient process for handling applicants.

I wanted to do well in this interview and tried to prep the best I could for it. For this role I think they are looking for more finance people that are sales oriented than marketing people who are finance oriented if that makes sense. I had compiled lists of questions from Glassdoor that they might ask me and had answers for all of them and still wasn't prepared for what awaited me in there.

I shadowed a few of the guys who are currently working in sales and analytics for FX/Commodities and they seemed really cool and laid back but the job is really stressful- tons of flashing colored lights on monitors and juggling tasks and you have to REALLY know what you are doing. If you know the terminal, you will get this job. If you haven't used it before the interview, things won't work out for you.

I interviewed with two people- the lady in charge of the sales and analytics and a man in sales. They asked me a lot about my sales experience and they had a lot of tough questions about the financial markets today. You must know a lot of details about current events in the market and show what you know. I ended up digging myself into a hole during this interview process because I didn't know enough. Eventually they left the room "to discuss if they would need me further" and decided I was done for the day and I basically knew I didn't get the job on the spot. I wasn't a good fit anyways. They followed up with an impersonal email that said "thanks, but no thanks".

I would say I was happy with the overall professional air and quality of this interview had my travel plans not been completely messed up by Bloomberg. They paid for my flights but neglected to tell me that I would have to pay for a $300/night hotel room in San Fran while I was there, plus I spent about $150 in cab rides for only being there about 24 hours. I was under the impression that Bloomberg was going to pay for my hotel, I called the my travel coordinator in the New York office, left her a voicemail about the charges to my credit card and she never called me back. Figures.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why this position? How are you qualified for Sales and Analytics?   Answer Question
    • How is gold doing in markets today? Why do you think that is?   Answer Question
    • Where did you hear about this position?   Answer Question
    • What part of sales and analytics would you like to specialize in? Why?   Answer Question
    • How do companies hedge international currency trade risk?   Answer Question