Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

It was a first round group interview. There was 20 candidates, 1 interviewer from the Human Resources Department, and 2 interviewers from the Sales and Analytics department. We went into a big room, candidates are separated into 4 groups. The staff from Sales and Analytics first gave a introduction about the company. Then we had group discussion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

My telephone interview was delayed for a week. When I was finally interviewed, it lasted for 13 minutes and the questions I was asked were mainly motivation (Why Bloomberg? Why this division? What is the competitive advantage of our company) and conventional competency-based questions.

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Hong Kong assessment centre was good and challenging. There were five sessions in total, involving sales, group exercise, customer experience, Bloomberg Terminal, shadowing and how to prioritise. Overall a good experience with the HK team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

Brief phone interview, with pretty simple questions about yourself and the Financial Markets. Know your resume very well and be able to talk about highlights that you've accomplished.

I was emailed the next day after the phone interview to come in for their super day. On the super day I had two one on one interviews with employees in both the sales department and analytics department. In all honesty, I'm not quite sure how some of those people got a job there. The guy that was showing us the terminal literally told us that his interview was the first time he had heard the term "Bloomberg Terminal."

Overall I really loved the environment there though. People were really friendly and everyone seemed passionate about what they were doing.

Maybe it's just the immense amounts of food they have around the building that keep everyone motivated.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me one thing you're following right now in the markets?   View Answer
    • Describe the terminal to someone who has no idea what it is.   View Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

Group Interview, with a group of 5 people in the main office in Hong Kong. Was interviewed by a recruiter in a chillax atmosphere. The recruiter was funky and friendly, trying to loosen up the morning tiring mood, and asking us to tell him more about ourselves, including an interesting fact. Then we were to finish off two tasks, one is to advise the recruiter on how to invest 10m dollars, and the second is to rank our preference towards the characters in the little mermaid tale, and to come into a consensus. Lastly, to take a stance in supporting the ranking and to make a short persuasive speech.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself   Answer Question
    • Do you have any question for Sales and Analytics team? If not, tell me what Sales and Analytics team does.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you have 10m dollars to invest?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

In total 20+ candidates, self introduction first.Then group interview.
    Group interview: How would you invest 10 million HKD? / character ranking activity

Interviewers seemed kind, interesting and friendly. The whole process is pretty chill.
    Just be yourself and enjoy the interview!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

Fairly straight forward. The motivation for the job and the company are most important. They try to make you go beyond the standard stuff such as “I like the offices and free food; the flat hierarchy is great”. They were really stressing on the motivational part. They did not bother on any standard stuff like going through your CV. They asked about the different products Bloomberg sells.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

First Round
    Brief self introduction
    Then we were divided into group, and group discussions were held.
    We had to rank the characters of fishy tale,
    and discuss how to invest 10 million dollars.

The atmosphere was quite chill, and there were 3 interviewers, and 22 applicants.
    I have accepted the second round interview offer, waiting for it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

I applied through my university career services website in January. Once the application process was over in February I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a lady in HR, lasted about 15 minutes, and was almost entirely behavioral. The interviewer was a bit monotone, and seemed fairly uninterested in the conversation. A few days later I received an email saying that Bloomberg would not be continuing the process with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Bloomberg's services? What are you following in the markets? Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online with CV and cover letter. Was emailed on phone interview after a few weeks. Interview lasted 30 to 40 mins, based on competencies and biographical and motivational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Bloomberg? How would you sell a terminal to a non financial based company? How would you convince a firm that has closed a department that uses its terminals to keep the terminals? What are bloombergs products? Run through your CV   Answer Question