Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Jan 15, 2015

3.1

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online for the internship position and heard back within a week to set up a phone interview. The woman called within her time frame but seemed very uninterested and I wondered how many she had had that day alone. Her first question/command was to "walk me through your resume and why you chose bloomberg" I was flustered at first and her only follow up question was why I chose finance.
After approximately 10 minutes we ended the conversation and I felt very uneasy. Nonetheless 3 weeks later I received an email for a super day. The in office super day is next week and I'm doing my very best to prepare for it since Bloomberg is my top/target company

Interview Questions
  • why finance? do you have any questions for me?(always prepare questions) WHY BLOOMBERG?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales and Analytics Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

I applied online, and got first phone interview from HongKong 20 days later. Basically just some behavior questions and how much do you know Bloomberg and its culture, products and competitors. The second phone call focused on how much do I fit with this company, what is your leadership experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Have you used Bloomberg terminal?If so, what do you think is its most impressive part?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Got a telephone interview about a week after submitting application. Interview took about 30 minutes.
    We first went over my CV and cover letters which was followed by sales question competency questions and a puzzle.

Some questions:
    Why Bloomberg?
    What does Bloomberg do?
    Who is competition?
    Why you?
    What do you understand that the job involves?

Interview was easier than anticipated. Make sure you follow the daily news and understand what position you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a 10 by 10 cube made up of smaller cubes each 1 by 1 and dip it in paint such that it is completely covered in paint. How many cubes need to be removed in order to be left with the largest possible paint free cube?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

I had 1 initial phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was then called in for a super-day in the New York office, which consisted of 2, 30-minute interviews (1 with someone in sales, 1 with someone in analytics). They gave us a tour of the building and a demo of the terminal. No prior knowledge of the terminal is required. I got the internship and eventually got a full-time offer!

Phone Interview Questions:
    Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a piece of financial news you have been following. What do you know about Bloomberg? Why sales and analytics?

In-Person Interview Questions:
    Similar to phone interview, but with a little more in depth. Went through my resume and asked me specific questions about each bullet point (know your resume in depth). Sell me this pencil. How many gas stations are in the United States? Why Bloomberg over an investment bank? What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? Tell us about a time when you took a leadership role working in a group. What are the qualities of a good salesperson?

No negotiation.

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online, was invited for a telephone interview after a few weeks. Most questions were competency based, some questions about financial knowledge, some market awareness questions, recent news stories that captured my attention, why you want to do this internship, why Bloomberg etc. Was asked about my CV, questions about previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, be prepared to answer any question about your CV   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

There are 3 rounds: with hiring manager and head of departments for Sales and Analytics Desks. I was first approached by HR called from Hong Kong. The first 1-to-1 interview asked me very generic questions and my knowledge of VBA. Subsequent interview was with sale representative and head of department asked more about personality and working style.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

submitted resume online and got an on-campus interview
    mostly centered on the company and the position.
    require you to know about the economy
    what does the position do and why you are a good fit?

Sales and Analytics Interview

got the phone interview the day after submitting the online app. very efficient. Just simple questions regarding your CV, why Bloomberg, why this role, your skills...Now still during the process with them.

Interview Questions
    • sell the terminal to non-financial institutions   View Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

1st step: group interview:
    a) Presentation in 2 minutes
    b) Description of the job and company (not a test)
    c) Ranking of the characters of "the little mermaid" and small group discussion to get a group ranking (not really a test either, because the results are not taken into account)
    d) Larger groups discussion concerning the c), test on your english
    e) Small group discussion on "How to invest $1M" (sort of test because the interviewers are at the table but they are watching the CVs and not listen to you)
    f) They ask to 3 people to have the 2nd interview directly (before lunch) and say to the other "You will be called maybe today, to come back this afternoon or in the week or never". (Great! There is no problem for me to wait for you at vitam aeternam)

2nd step: individual interview
    I should have this interview but I had the effrontery to ask if I could have it earlier because of a flight to go to my cousin's wedding. The email conversation:
    - Ok come back on August 6 at 3:00 pm
    - Could we do that earlier I have a flight the 3
    - Ok on August 4 (I really wanted to join BBG)
    - ... I cancelled my flight. I will be there

On August 4, I came but the day was reserved for another group interview. The guy told me "Ok error from the system" (Yes from Data provider #1...) "we will contact you later". Another guy was in the very same situation. In the evening, I got an email "Hi you are dismissed, bye". I sent back an email so the guy called me, he told me that he will pass my CV to other departements. No positive answer (yet?). They took my 2nd interview away from me because of their unability to handle a different situation.

It's the last time I trust BBG (and I ask if I can change an interview date...)

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The interview process took around 1 month. I got a reply soon after the application. There was a phone interview, questions are about behavioral ones like why do you think you fit this position, tell me about your leadership experience. After the phone interview is passed, there is a 2 to 1 interview which you have to talk with one leader from sales team and one from analytics team. They will grill you one whether you really like this position and the reasons behind.

Interview Questions
    • 3 financial news of the recent market
      If you now have 1 million dollars, how are you going to invest