Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

Interview Details – Called up for a group interview last week. There were about 15 of us and we were asked to introduce ourself up on the stage. We were later spilt into 3 groups and had 5 min each to present a sales pitch to a buyer. My buyer was a super market.

Interview Question – How do you sell a Bloomberg Terminal to a super market   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

Interview Details – So far, had 1 phone interview that lasted like 10 minutes (basic stuff, walk me through your resume, what do you know about the position, why do you think you are a fit for this position,), second round was on campus, interview with 2 interviewers, they were really nice, bascially why bloomberg, why this position, why not other firms such as invesment banks, tell me about an accomplishment, etc basic behavioural questions, with a scenario question, too. lasted about 45 minutes. I passed it and am now waiting to go to the on site interview in one week.

Interview Question – Scenario question: you are in a situation where you have a potential client meeting at the same time as a conference call with old clients. what will you do?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Started with a group discussion interview
Moved onto 1on1 with the team leader

Interview Question – What is a non-deliverable?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Campus interviews, first round. Interview was short and really smooth. Lots of behavioral. They do try to stump you. For example I had analytical and technological experiences and they asked why I would be interested in financial. I worked for startups in the past so they asked why I was looking to work at a larger company. They also ask about financial markets.

Interview Question – How do you see the market in 12 months?   View Answer

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited to the second round of the interview. The HR recruiter was very friendly and gave some tips along the way. Prepare yourself for questions which are very customer-oriented for the second round.

Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – 2 managers or team leaders asked few questions about CV in detail.
They were very interested in how much you know about Bloomberg.

Interview Question – What are the factors that determines option price ?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked why Bloomberg? What does Bloomberg do? What do I do to keep up with current afffairs? What makes a good sales person? What s the current interest rate? Summarize a recent news story.

Interview Question – What is footsie 100   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics
Central District (Hong Kong)

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Interview Details – BBRG puts a lot of emphasis on connections in the recruitment process. I had applied several times to BBRG, never with a call back and only when an acquaintance of mine referred me to the HR woman conducting the interview was I sent an invitation to the recruitment process. Later, I found out that BBRG employees providing referrals get a commission if we are successful in the hiring process.
Anyway, the recruitment process i entered into was a group interview around 10 people sitting on each side of the tables with one hr woman sitting in the middle conducting the presentation of the company and asking us (kind of like in a high school setting) "who knew this fact, or that fact". And then a sales and analytics employee enters the room and gives her opinions and perspectives about the role. She mentioned she wanted to go to London badly so the company was working on getting her visa. So half an hour after, we were asked to give a min introduction, who you are and why you came to Bloomberg. then we were divided into two groups, given a task of selling a smart phone to an old lady who had no intention of using a smart phone (so it was a hard sell). after brainstorming with colleagues, we acted in a role-play with HR, who was acting as a very stubborn and unfriendly grandma. Anyway I didn't get a call back because i didn't make any good points in this role-play. It's important to not shine per say, but be your self, think intelligently and logically about the situation you are role-playing in and how you would react in real life instead of in the pressurised circumstances where you might behave erratically and come off looking less intelligent than the graduate that you really are :P

note: the HR lady mentioned they will grill us in later stages (two-three interviews with seniors) about why we want the role, how much we know about bbrg. not to fret though, instead of concentrating on their intimidations, think back to why you wanted this role in the first place.I think they have a perception that a lot of people who are not serious about the role apply to this position, the ones that are using the company and not completely want this role so they are wasting their time. so you just have be friendly and likeable and come across as your genuine self and why you want this role.

Interview Question – sell me this smart phone   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied Online, Phone Interview, Group Interview with around 10-15 people, 1 on 1 Team Leader Interview, Hong Kong Manager and Sales Team Leader group interview and finally, a interview with Asia Pac manager and sales team manager. Interview was a good experience, very education if you did your homework. Some market knowledge is required. Stay positive, smile and be proactive and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why analytic? x1000   Answer Question
  • What are the top 3 Qualities of a Sales Person?   Answer Question
  • make a sales pitch, this could be random and relates to any experience you had.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the European sovereign crisis and what are the implications on the global market?   Answer Question
  • Analyze a chart with JPY/USD and explain what are the implications for Japan market if JPY increase over the USD.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview after 3 weeks' waiting. The questions were very generic, including,
why bbg? why u? why this position? how do u know about our product? any recent news that u r following?
It took me around 20 mins and interviewer very nice. in the end the interviewer told me what r the next rounds interviews r about if I pass this round, and also inform me that results would release in 3 days. hope i can make it to the next round.