Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.1

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2012.

Phone interview, in English to check your interest in Bloomberg your languages skills also your market know-how. Manager and Sales Representative interview, like any other job interview. Then final interview with the Global Head of Analytics in NYC via Web Conference or in NYC in person.

Interview Questions
  • The market being slow as it is, and sell side cutting costs. How would you sell a product like a Bloomberg terminal?   View Answer
easy

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

There are 4 rounds of interview. I only got through 2nd round.

The first round is a group interview of 15-20 people. They will first introduce the company and its business to you through a one-hour presentation. Its good to start asking questions from this round.

After that, the recruiter will ask each of you to go up on stage and answer four questions 1) Who you are 2) What are your interests 3) Why bloomberg 4) Why sales and analytics. I was able to prepare for these questions well because I read a similar review online, and was able to do well. Another guy kept stuttering and had to repeat himself sigh..

After this, the recruiter will split you into groups of 4 or 5 and ask you to prepare a 10-min presentation. The goal is to try to pitch Bloomberg products to assigned clients eg airline, supermarket, hospital etc. The recruiter asked each of us unusual questions at the end of our presentation so just try to keep a poker face and be confident.

Second Round
    Split into 2 parts. First is shadowing session, so you sit behind an employee for 30 mins and watch him work. You have to ask alot of questions at this stage and try to be friendly and bubbly too. If he/she likes you, you will get recommended to HR.

Second round is one-on-one interview with the head of analytics team. My interviewer was very difficult on me and asked me really vague questions, from what is a straddle (option strategy) to a role play where he asked me to try and sell him a mouse (computer accessory) given that he was the CEO of a canning company. RANDOM i know. My key mistake was apparently not asking him first what he wanted in a mouse before trying to sell it....

Anyway hope that helps!

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how a straddle strategy works. (if you did not memorize your finance concepts well this will be quite hard)   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Started with a group discussion interview
    Moved onto 1on1 with the team leader

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

Called up for a group interview last week. There were about 15 of us and we were asked to introduce ourself up on the stage. We were later spilt into 3 groups and had 5 min each to present a sales pitch to a buyer. My buyer was a super market.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell a Bloomberg Terminal to a super market   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

So far, had 1 phone interview that lasted like 10 minutes (basic stuff, walk me through your resume, what do you know about the position, why do you think you are a fit for this position,), second round was on campus, interview with 2 interviewers, they were really nice, bascially why bloomberg, why this position, why not other firms such as invesment banks, tell me about an accomplishment, etc basic behavioural questions, with a scenario question, too. lasted about 45 minutes. I passed it and am now waiting to go to the on site interview in one week.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario question: you are in a situation where you have a potential client meeting at the same time as a conference call with old clients. what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

The hiring process is straight forward. No unnecessary online tests.

Interview Questions
    • role play- how can you convince an investment banker to switch from reuters to bloomberg terminal   Answer Question
    no negotitation at entry level stage

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Campus interviews, first round. Interview was short and really smooth. Lots of behavioral. They do try to stump you. For example I had analytical and technological experiences and they asked why I would be interested in financial. I worked for startups in the past so they asked why I was looking to work at a larger company. They also ask about financial markets.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the market in 12 months?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

I was asked why Bloomberg? What does Bloomberg do? What do I do to keep up with current afffairs? What makes a good sales person? What s the current interest rate? Summarize a recent news story.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

I was invited to the second round of the interview. The HR recruiter was very friendly and gave some tips along the way. Prepare yourself for questions which are very customer-oriented for the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself   Answer Question
    • Why you want to join/apply for this role   Answer Question
    • Situational based question where a client calls to complain about a probelm he/she is facing   View Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

I got a phone interview after 3 weeks' waiting. The questions were very generic, including,
    why bbg? why u? why this position? how do u know about our product? any recent news that u r following?
    It took me around 20 mins and interviewer very nice. in the end the interviewer told me what r the next rounds interviews r about if I pass this round, and also inform me that results would release in 3 days. hope i can make it to the next round.