Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.1

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Applied - 1 week wait for e-mail about phone interview and time. Few days later had phone interview, on time and very prompt. Straight into questions. Very straight forward questions:
 - Why choose bloomberg
- What attracted you to this role
- What qualities can you bring to us
- Explain what the role of sales and analytic involve at bloomberg

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer gave me a scenario question at the end, something about the terminals. E.g. Bloomberg and jardines have terminals placed, the consultant is forced to do something etc and how would you react as a employee and representative of bloomberg.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

I received a phone call basically to check my understanding of the position and my mottivation and make sure i knew what I was applying for. After that a first round in house with two senior manager same style of questions plus role play :sell the terminal to this customer. after that How would an automotive company use the terminal and why sales and analytics. tomorrow final round

Interview Questions
    • how do you calculate a bond and what is the consequence of the reduce of the interest rate by the ECB   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

The whole process was not very stressful. I really enjoyed people at Bloomberg, had great conversations along the way. It felt that I was repeating my self during all interviews. Final stage was very high-pace, covered twice as many questions compared to the previous stages.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest questions were during final interview. Majority of questions were sales-situation questions, such as: imaging arriving at your clients office and seeing 50/50 Bloomberg and Reuters terminals, what would you say to a client, imagine there are only Reuters terminals, what would you say then. Who are the customers, what a bonds, and tell me 3 adjectives that describe you .   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Quite straight forward application form, no cover letter needed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell the bloomberg terminal to lufthansa?   Answer Question
    • How would you convince a customer using a competitors service to switch to Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

I submitted my application and got the interview offer after 2 days. The interview questions include: 1. why Bloomberg, 2. why sales and analytics 3. what is the value of Bloomberg and how much I know about this company, 4. what is my projections on this role.

Interview Questions
    • I feel there was no difficult questions and there was no technical questions, because it was the first-round. well, the most difficult one might be the questions on my understanding of the sales and analytical role.   View Answers (2)

Sales and Analytics Interview

Telephone interview and onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • I am just hanging around in the cellphone store. Try to persuade me to buy a samsung smartphone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Got a telephone interview about a week after submitting application. Interview took about 30 minutes.
    We first went over my CV and cover letters which was followed by sales question competency questions and a puzzle.

Some questions:
    Why Bloomberg?
    What does Bloomberg do?
    Who is competition?
    Why you?
    What do you understand that the job involves?

Interview was easier than anticipated. Make sure you follow the daily news and understand what position you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a 10 by 10 cube made up of smaller cubes each 1 by 1 and dip it in paint such that it is completely covered in paint. How many cubes need to be removed in order to be left with the largest possible paint free cube?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

There are 3 rounds: with hiring manager and head of departments for Sales and Analytics Desks. I was first approached by HR called from Hong Kong. The first 1-to-1 interview asked me very generic questions and my knowledge of VBA. Subsequent interview was with sale representative and head of department asked more about personality and working style.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2012.

Phone interview, in English to check your interest in Bloomberg your languages skills also your market know-how. Manager and Sales Representative interview, like any other job interview. Then final interview with the Global Head of Analytics in NYC via Web Conference or in NYC in person.

Interview Questions
    • The market being slow as it is, and sell side cutting costs. How would you sell a product like a Bloomberg terminal?   View Answer
    easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

There are 4 rounds of interview. I only got through 2nd round.

The first round is a group interview of 15-20 people. They will first introduce the company and its business to you through a one-hour presentation. Its good to start asking questions from this round.

After that, the recruiter will ask each of you to go up on stage and answer four questions 1) Who you are 2) What are your interests 3) Why bloomberg 4) Why sales and analytics. I was able to prepare for these questions well because I read a similar review online, and was able to do well. Another guy kept stuttering and had to repeat himself sigh..

After this, the recruiter will split you into groups of 4 or 5 and ask you to prepare a 10-min presentation. The goal is to try to pitch Bloomberg products to assigned clients eg airline, supermarket, hospital etc. The recruiter asked each of us unusual questions at the end of our presentation so just try to keep a poker face and be confident.

Second Round
    Split into 2 parts. First is shadowing session, so you sit behind an employee for 30 mins and watch him work. You have to ask alot of questions at this stage and try to be friendly and bubbly too. If he/she likes you, you will get recommended to HR.

Second round is one-on-one interview with the head of analytics team. My interviewer was very difficult on me and asked me really vague questions, from what is a straddle (option strategy) to a role play where he asked me to try and sell him a mouse (computer accessory) given that he was the CEO of a canning company. RANDOM i know. My key mistake was apparently not asking him first what he wanted in a mouse before trying to sell it....

Anyway hope that helps!

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how a straddle strategy works. (if you did not memorize your finance concepts well this will be quite hard)   Answer Question