Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014

3.1

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

There are 4 rounds of interview. I only got through 2nd round.

The first round is a group interview of 15-20 people. They will first introduce the company and its business to you through a one-hour presentation. Its good to start asking questions from this round.

After that, the recruiter will ask each of you to go up on stage and answer four questions 1) Who you are 2) What are your interests 3) Why bloomberg 4) Why sales and analytics. I was able to prepare for these questions well because I read a similar review online, and was able to do well. Another guy kept stuttering and had to repeat himself sigh..

After this, the recruiter will split you into groups of 4 or 5 and ask you to prepare a 10-min presentation. The goal is to try to pitch Bloomberg products to assigned clients eg airline, supermarket, hospital etc. The recruiter asked each of us unusual questions at the end of our presentation so just try to keep a poker face and be confident.

Second Round
Split into 2 parts. First is shadowing session, so you sit behind an employee for 30 mins and watch him work. You have to ask alot of questions at this stage and try to be friendly and bubbly too. If he/she likes you, you will get recommended to HR.

Second round is one-on-one interview with the head of analytics team. My interviewer was very difficult on me and asked me really vague questions, from what is a straddle (option strategy) to a role play where he asked me to try and sell him a mouse (computer accessory) given that he was the CEO of a canning company. RANDOM i know. My key mistake was apparently not asking him first what he wanted in a mouse before trying to sell it....

Anyway hope that helps!

Interview Questions
  • Explain to me how a straddle strategy works. (if you did not memorize your finance concepts well this will be quite hard)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

The hiring process is straight forward. No unnecessary online tests.

Interview Questions
    • role play- how can you convince an investment banker to switch from reuters to bloomberg terminal   Answer Question
    no negotitation at entry level stage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

Called up for a group interview last week. There were about 15 of us and we were asked to introduce ourself up on the stage. We were later spilt into 3 groups and had 5 min each to present a sales pitch to a buyer. My buyer was a super market.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell a Bloomberg Terminal to a super market   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

So far, had 1 phone interview that lasted like 10 minutes (basic stuff, walk me through your resume, what do you know about the position, why do you think you are a fit for this position,), second round was on campus, interview with 2 interviewers, they were really nice, bascially why bloomberg, why this position, why not other firms such as invesment banks, tell me about an accomplishment, etc basic behavioural questions, with a scenario question, too. lasted about 45 minutes. I passed it and am now waiting to go to the on site interview in one week.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario question: you are in a situation where you have a potential client meeting at the same time as a conference call with old clients. what will you do?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Started with a group discussion interview
    Moved onto 1on1 with the team leader

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Campus interviews, first round. Interview was short and really smooth. Lots of behavioral. They do try to stump you. For example I had analytical and technological experiences and they asked why I would be interested in financial. I worked for startups in the past so they asked why I was looking to work at a larger company. They also ask about financial markets.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the market in 12 months?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

I was invited to the second round of the interview. The HR recruiter was very friendly and gave some tips along the way. Prepare yourself for questions which are very customer-oriented for the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself   Answer Question
    • Why you want to join/apply for this role   Answer Question
    • Situational based question where a client calls to complain about a probelm he/she is facing   View Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

2 managers or team leaders asked few questions about CV in detail.
    They were very interested in how much you know about Bloomberg.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

I was asked why Bloomberg? What does Bloomberg do? What do I do to keep up with current afffairs? What makes a good sales person? What s the current interest rate? Summarize a recent news story.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Central District (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central District (Hong Kong)

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

BBRG puts a lot of emphasis on connections in the recruitment process. I had applied several times to BBRG, never with a call back and only when an acquaintance of mine referred me to the HR woman conducting the interview was I sent an invitation to the recruitment process. Later, I found out that BBRG employees providing referrals get a commission if we are successful in the hiring process.
    Anyway, the recruitment process i entered into was a group interview around 10 people sitting on each side of the tables with one hr woman sitting in the middle conducting the presentation of the company and asking us (kind of like in a high school setting) "who knew this fact, or that fact". And then a sales and analytics employee enters the room and gives her opinions and perspectives about the role. She mentioned she wanted to go to London badly so the company was working on getting her visa. So half an hour after, we were asked to give a min introduction, who you are and why you came to Bloomberg. then we were divided into two groups, given a task of selling a smart phone to an old lady who had no intention of using a smart phone (so it was a hard sell). after brainstorming with colleagues, we acted in a role-play with HR, who was acting as a very stubborn and unfriendly grandma. Anyway I didn't get a call back because i didn't make any good points in this role-play. It's important to not shine per say, but be your self, think intelligently and logically about the situation you are role-playing in and how you would react in real life instead of in the pressurised circumstances where you might behave erratically and come off looking less intelligent than the graduate that you really are :P

note: the HR lady mentioned they will grill us in later stages (two-three interviews with seniors) about why we want the role, how much we know about bbrg. not to fret though, instead of concentrating on their intimidations, think back to why you wanted this role in the first place.I think they have a perception that a lot of people who are not serious about the role apply to this position, the ones that are using the company and not completely want this role so they are wasting their time. so you just have be friendly and likeable and come across as your genuine self and why you want this role.