Bloomberg L.P. Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted via Linkedin first online C++ test, then a c++ interview by phone, then a videconference with one of the team leaders, then in house interview.

Interview Questions

• Analize what does a very old legacy code, 5 minutes to explore the code   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

There are 5 stages of interview. First one was telephonic interview. It was purely technical - c++, databases, unix. Next stage was face to face interview. Second interview was f2f and purely technical which lasted 2 hrs. At the beginning of this interview, I was told that whether I have more interviews or not will depend on how I fair in this interview. Second f2f was with the manager of team which lasted 45 minutes. It was totally CV based. Third f2f was with HR, it also lasted one hour and consisted of typical HR type questions and CV based questions, it was almost repetition of second f2f. Last stage was telephonic interview with NY team. I have really bad experience with this interview. The interview was arranged for 10 PM on a Friday night and the interviewer did not call. It was rearranged for Monday night. Even then, he did not apologise for not calling on Friday. Also, the way he started the interview it seemed he had really made up his mind not to take it. Asked me a very vague scenario based question and when I asked questions he replied u have to decide that for everything and finished the interview abruptly.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied only - Then technical online test

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (City of London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Started with an online C/C++ test which I had no problem with.. Two days later I was notified I'd made it through to the next round where I'd be taking a telephone interview.. During the interview I was asked several general C++ questions as well as several questions relating to the Unix platform and operation system environment. I struggled to answer many of the questions effectively due to the fact that I had very little prior Unix experience coming from a predominantly windows-based programming background. I found this kind of unfair since the interviewer already asked at the beginning of the interview about my Unix experience which was confirmed from my curriculum vitae so he was aware of this before-hand..

In the end I received a phone call the next day of which I was told I didn't make it through the final round (face-to-face HR interview) due to my lack of Unix experience which was fair enough.

Overall a pretty well structured, streamlined interview process with good response time. I'll like to interview again sometime in the future once I brush up on my Unix skills/experience.

Interview Questions

• What are signals in Unix and how are they used..?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

I took an online C++ test, I would say a 7/10 in difficulty. Passed with flying colors (97%).
    Got an email ONE hour later saying they want me to go through a technical phone interview. Then the phone interview... I did not do well, he was asking mostly UNIX questions (signals and file system) and some stack/heap and pointer C style questions. No word after that until 2 months later I get an email that they will not be offering a job at this point.