Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Meet then in career fair, had a data structure question asked about trees. Find LCA of BST. Called for an on campus interview next day.Had 3 more rounds of interview the day after. The came back with a offer week later.

Interview Questions
  • Merge point of linked list.
    Convert decimal to binary in O(1).
    Design LRU cache.
    Paint a chess board.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

contacted the HR via email. got a reply within a week and was asked to apply online. 1st round of phone interview within another week which was followed by another round of onsite interview. Had around a month gap in between due to my inavailability

Interview Questions
    • phone: couple of questions of data structures. 1. find largest number in a really big array. 2. find if 2 numbers in an array can give a desired sum

onsite: lasted about 2 hrs. multiple questions on OS, data structures, algorithms and language specific (java for me)

View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Two campus interviews and one onsite interview. I got selected for it when Bloomberg came for a career fair. It was two half-hour interviews on campus and after a month they flew me down to their office in 731 Lexington Ave, NY, USA.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me many things. One thing was a question. On campus, they asked me to reverse a linked lists and couple of questions that tested my knowledge on memory allocation and deallocation in C.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

Applied through university career fair. Had a phone interview with a Developer at Bloomberg. The interview was conducted using HackerRank website for me to write code. It was a great experience and the interviewer was really helpful to give hints to solve the problem.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

Applied through the University career fair and was invited to an in-person interview at the University. First round was basic algorithm questions, after which they decided to send me over to the next room for design questions. Both these rounds had 2 interviews each.

I was invited on site to NY. The logistics were all handled very well and I ended up at the Bloomberg building with minimum fuss. The day started with an office tour followed by interviews. Since I had a technical interview earlier, I only had an HR interview and a more technical one with a manager on-campus.

The technical round had me explaining projects on my resume, followed by two simple algorithm/analytic questions. I spent a lot of time after that with my own questions on the company.

Great experience overall. The office has a very modern, appealing vibe. I'm expecting results in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • [First round] (1) Implement atoi (2) Simple dynamic programming on array (3) Design a system that listens to updates from multiple stocks and updates listeners that have subscribed to those stocks.

[On-site] Find the longest increasing sub-sequence in an array of integers. Run 9 minutes with 2 hourglasses of 4 minutes and 7 minutes.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interviewed on campus 2 rounds immediately because they wanted to finish it up before going back to New York. Friendly, 4 different people in total. One of them were harsh on my coding, the edge cases and outliers were pointed out repeatedly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

I had submitted my resume during the career fair at my school. I then got a call for 1st round interview at school itself. Interview was relaxed, I was given a couple of problems on algorithms. Took me some time, but solved them. Haven't yet gotten accepted for 2nd round. Will update when I do.

Interview Questions
    • Design a data structure for hybrid type payment of bonds i.e. ratio based inside of a sequential list   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

It was a campus career fair. Everyone waiting in line to deliver their resume. They give technical questions when it's your turn to talk to them. They gave me two questions that is listed below. They called me to go to a on campus interview next day. They mostly hire C++ guy. Since I'm a java guy, so I made mistakes when writing C code. End of the story.

Interview Questions
    • 1. If there is some resource in a static variable, like a DB connection. How to release it after no one will use it.
      2. Thread safe singleton pattern
      3. Find median of a BST.

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

I talked with representatives of Bloomberg at a career fair on campus. They had me do a quick coding test in person – how to find the character that occurred the most in an array. I handed them my resume and they said they’d look it over. After about a week or so of applying I was emailed about a phone interview. I was asked almost exclusively about algorithms problems.

Interview Questions
    • Hadoop streaming
      How to construct web Server
      Maximum sum of subarray

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

An email for recruiter, and was later asked to login to Hackerrank for an online real time coding interview(IDE share). The interviewer, gives you a code and expect you to go through the process explaining its working. Slightly condescending but decent interview.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithms, mostly on C ++, mostly about stacks and heaps.   Answer Question