Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Referred by an employee. Got phone interview in a week. Then got onsite interview notice in 2 days. Onsite: 4 rounds. First 2 rounds are technical questions, 2 engineers each around. 3rd round is manager. 4th is hr.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: How to check if a function is called more than 10 times in a minute.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2015.

Interview

It was a four-round interview. Everybody there was really friendly. They gave both technical and behavioral questions. First round was about algorithm. They asked questions like how to shuffle a playlist in an mp3. In the second round, the interviewer first reviewed my resume with me then asked a few designing questions. Third round was with HR. She gave basically behavioral questions. Final round was with the manager. Again a bunch of designing questions.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Meet then in career fair, had a data structure question asked about trees. Find LCA of BST. Called for an on campus interview next day.Had 3 more rounds of interview the day after. The came back with a offer week later.

Interview Questions

• Merge point of linked list.
      Convert decimal to binary in O(1).
      Design LRU cache.
      Paint a chess board.

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

contacted the HR via email. got a reply within a week and was asked to apply online. 1st round of phone interview within another week which was followed by another round of onsite interview. Had around a month gap in between due to my inavailability

Interview Questions

• phone: couple of questions of data structures. 1. find largest number in a really big array. 2. find if 2 numbers in an array can give a desired sum

onsite: lasted about 2 hrs. multiple questions on OS, data structures, algorithms and language specific (java for me)

1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

Interview

Scheduled Phone interview utilizing HackerRankX website to write code.
    Guy asked briefly about my background, previous projects and why Bloomberg afterwards quickly moved to technical portion of the interview.
    Sadly forgot to introduce himself .. But anyway, overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions:
      - write a function to inverse integer
      - given a set of arrays with numbers, find the intersection of given arrays
        What if we need to handle duplicates as well ?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Two campus interviews and one onsite interview. I got selected for it when Bloomberg came for a career fair. It was two half-hour interviews on campus and after a month they flew me down to their office in 731 Lexington Ave, NY, USA.

Interview Questions

• They asked me many things. One thing was a question. On campus, they asked me to reverse a linked lists and couple of questions that tested my knowledge on memory allocation and deallocation in C.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the University career fair and was invited to an in-person interview at the University. First round was basic algorithm questions, after which they decided to send me over to the next room for design questions. Both these rounds had 2 interviews each.

I was invited on site to NY. The logistics were all handled very well and I ended up at the Bloomberg building with minimum fuss. The day started with an office tour followed by interviews. Since I had a technical interview earlier, I only had an HR interview and a more technical one with a manager on-campus.

The technical round had me explaining projects on my resume, followed by two simple algorithm/analytic questions. I spent a lot of time after that with my own questions on the company.

Great experience overall. The office has a very modern, appealing vibe. I'm expecting results in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• [First round] (1) Implement atoi (2) Simple dynamic programming on array (3) Design a system that listens to updates from multiple stocks and updates listeners that have subscribed to those stocks.

[On-site] Find the longest increasing sub-sequence in an array of integers. Run 9 minutes with 2 hourglasses of 4 minutes and 7 minutes.

1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Had a phone interview with a Developer at Bloomberg. The interview was conducted using HackerRank website for me to write code. It was a great experience and the interviewer was really helpful to give hints to solve the problem.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Interviewed on campus 2 rounds immediately because they wanted to finish it up before going back to New York. Friendly, 4 different people in total. One of them were harsh on my coding, the edge cases and outliers were pointed out repeatedly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had submitted my resume during the career fair at my school. I then got a call for 1st round interview at school itself. Interview was relaxed, I was given a couple of problems on algorithms. Took me some time, but solved them. Haven't yet gotten accepted for 2nd round. Will update when I do.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure for hybrid type payment of bonds i.e. ratio based inside of a sequential list   Answer Question