Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

contacted the HR via email. got a reply within a week and was asked to apply online. 1st round of phone interview within another week which was followed by another round of onsite interview. Had around a month gap in between due to my inavailability

Interview Questions
  • phone: couple of questions of data structures. 1. find largest number in a really big array. 2. find if 2 numbers in an array can give a desired sum

onsite: lasted about 2 hrs. multiple questions on OS, data structures, algorithms and language specific (java for me)

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interviewed on campus 2 rounds immediately because they wanted to finish it up before going back to New York. Friendly, 4 different people in total. One of them were harsh on my coding, the edge cases and outliers were pointed out repeatedly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

I had submitted my resume during the career fair at my school. I then got a call for 1st round interview at school itself. Interview was relaxed, I was given a couple of problems on algorithms. Took me some time, but solved them. Haven't yet gotten accepted for 2nd round. Will update when I do.

Interview Questions
    • Design a data structure for hybrid type payment of bonds i.e. ratio based inside of a sequential list   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

It was a campus career fair. Everyone waiting in line to deliver their resume. They give technical questions when it's your turn to talk to them. They gave me two questions that is listed below. They called me to go to a on campus interview next day. They mostly hire C++ guy. Since I'm a java guy, so I made mistakes when writing C code. End of the story.

Interview Questions
    • 1. If there is some resource in a static variable, like a DB connection. How to release it after no one will use it.
      2. Thread safe singleton pattern
      3. Find median of a BST.

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

I talked with representatives of Bloomberg at a career fair on campus. They had me do a quick coding test in person – how to find the character that occurred the most in an array. I handed them my resume and they said they’d look it over. After about a week or so of applying I was emailed about a phone interview. I was asked almost exclusively about algorithms problems.

Interview Questions
    • Hadoop streaming
      How to construct web Server
      Maximum sum of subarray

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I received an email from Bloomberg HR about an interview. I scheduled the interview for the next week. They gave me a coding assignment, where I had to implement a modified binary tree. The interview was very technical. First they asked me questions on the assignment, how to improve the performance. They also asked me about the O() complexities of different data structures, pointers use in C char strings, the Map data structure. The interviewer was very friendly. I was contacted shortly after the interview to let me know if I will be getting an offer.

Software Developer Interview

People there are very very nice.

1) A tour, amazing view from 29th floor.
    2) Two technical interviews, data structures & algorithms & c/c++ questions.
    3) Manager & HR
    4) Waiting for the result.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

The complete process took 3 weeks. Recruiter contacted to my personal email after checking my profile in Linkedin. The email is sent to a group of candidates asking for their availability for phone screen. Phone screen was really easy, very basic and regular questions on C++ and Java. Prepare well on basic interview questions. You got to solve at least two coding questions to clear first round.

Interview Questions
    • Matrix related quite easy. Questions on Object Oriented principles, design techniques. Difference between Java and C++, Garbage Collectors in C++.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Write code in a shared doc.
    buying and selling stock (Leetcode)
    Fibonacci series. What if integer overflow happens?

Interview Questions
    • In linear regression, what is the features are dependent (the feature matrix is not full rank)?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online. The first round in the process is technical interview over phone. OOPS concepts were asked. Difference between several data structures - eg. ArrayList Vs LinkedList. Overriding hashcode() and Equals() in Java. Write a program to find pairs of numbers that sum upto a particular value. Few questions on projects and difficulties faced.