Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.2

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

If you apply through an on campus recruiter, you will first go through an on campus interview most probably. If not then a phone interview. There are a total of about 3 interview, before you get called on site for the final interviews. You get your decision pretty soon after.

Interview Questions
  • Given two arrays of sorted integers, how would you find the minimum difference in O(n) time.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

2 to 1 on-campus interview. They first let me explained projects I did, and then get right to the point---write code on paper. Two interviewers, each of them gave me one problem. The first one is to reverse a singly linked list. The other is copy a block of memory to destination (I don't think the problem was well defined, although I tried to make it clear). I was not satisfied with my performance, though the interviewers are helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Copy a block of memory from source to destination. You need to consider the overlapping cases. Yet I don't think copy from behind will solve the problem. Because the memory may overlap at the beginning. So a pre-check of overlapping region is necessary. In my view, for a typical copy operation the source should not be overwritten, but the answer allows for that. I was pretty confused...   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

Interview is on campus and last about 2 two hours. I demonstrated the project on the resume and then two recruiters asked me some technical questions. I only survived 2 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • It is about constructing model to predict when is the best chance to sale the stock.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

Got the interview through a university career fair. The first interview was quite easy, the second really hard. I was asked questions about material that I had not yet taken the classes for and the interviewers did not seem to care. They continued to ask me questions about topics not taught at all at the university that only professionals/experts in C++ would know rather than the general conceptual/algorithmic/brain teaser questions that I have encountered in previous interviews. Also, there were no behavioral questions in the 2 hours of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Something regarding the destructor for non-dynamically allocated variables (aka variables on the stack, not heap) and how you can override this using some library that nobody I've asked about so far on campus has ever heard of.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I submitted the application through a refer. Then get an phone interview, asking basic c++ concepts and some basic coding questions, like BST. Then I'm invited to the campus interview, which was my worst experience ever, though not anyone's fault, mainly because of flight delays.

They arranged car to pick you up at the airport and give you $100 after the interview. The interview has several rounds, and if you're not doing well, you're taken out immediately after that round, like me.

In the only round I'm interviewed, I thought I'm doing all well except for one coding question.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

I applied online, one month later I received an e-mail asking to have a phone interview. The interview was pretty straightforward, some questions about BSTs and then I was asked general data structures questions (Lists, Queues…etc). One weeks later I received an invitation for an onsite interview.
    During the onsite interview I felt the questions were not that difficult. I was asked to program in C, I was nervous and later realized that I made some silly little mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how the garbage collector works in java and implement it using C/C++   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

Didn't get contact with any HR Representative. Multiple rounds of interviews on campus. First day was with one person, second day was with a few. Two technical interviews, then HR interview, then interview with a manager (technical as well)

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions can vary, but come from all aspects of programming. Some high level, some design etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks. The HR asked me to give the avaialble time slots for 40minutes technical interview.The interview went well and an online coding tool(HackerRank) was used to share the code in real time.
    Questions: About the projects in resume, difference between various databases we used in the past, some basic data structure questions, and finally asked me to implement autocomple

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

some Java questions. An unsorted array with duplicates. sort the array: let the element occurs more in front, if same, let it be in natural order. difference between StringBuilder and string + string

Software Developer Interview

submit resume online. Get a phone interview and I failed.The phone interview question is not hard, but you should be communicate with your interviewer enoughly. I failed on the first round of phone interview screening. It's very pity because the question is not hard. If this company is your dream company, remember don't start coidng at first, try to communicate with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are basic,such as find whether two trees is subtree of each other.   View Answer