Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.2

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I submitted the application through a refer. Then get an phone interview, asking basic c++ concepts and some basic coding questions, like BST. Then I'm invited to the campus interview, which was my worst experience ever, though not anyone's fault, mainly because of flight delays.

They arranged car to pick you up at the airport and give you $100 after the interview. The interview has several rounds, and if you're not doing well, you're taken out immediately after that round, like me.

In the only round I'm interviewed, I thought I'm doing all well except for one coding question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks. The HR asked me to give the avaialble time slots for 40minutes technical interview.The interview went well and an online coding tool(HackerRank) was used to share the code in real time.
    Questions: About the projects in resume, difference between various databases we used in the past, some basic data structure questions, and finally asked me to implement autocomple

Interview Questions
    • Implement autocomple. What data structure to be used and why?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

some Java questions. An unsorted array with duplicates. sort the array: let the element occurs more in front, if same, let it be in natural order. difference between StringBuilder and string + string

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Snacks, tour, breakfast and then 2 rounds of technical interviews
    Each round interviewed by 2 people , after the second round I was expecting the third round to come up but was asked to leave.

Interview Questions
    • Make a product array , such that each index has product of all the elements in the array except itself   View Answer
    • Design to display latest socks. Top 10 ticker   View Answer
    • Given a pool of strings, any two of them can be joined if last char of first string and first char of second are equal, that joined string will inturn be added to the pool again
      Eg: abc and cba gives abcba, the common character will be taken once and that applies for for the last and first principle. Multiple characters can occur in the same string.
        Answer Question
    • Find the Cycle in the graph
      Difference between tree and graph
        View Answer

Software Developer Interview

submit resume online. Get a phone interview and I failed.The phone interview question is not hard, but you should be communicate with your interviewer enoughly. I failed on the first round of phone interview screening. It's very pity because the question is not hard. If this company is your dream company, remember don't start coidng at first, try to communicate with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are basic,such as find whether two trees is subtree of each other.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

2 Phone interviews followed by some onsite I think. I got out in the 2nd round. Questions were answerable and not very tough. Mostly were on data strcutures and algorithms.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

2 rounds of techincal interviews. In both of them I was asked to code, basically algorithms. A problem was given and they had given me screen share access. They saw while I coded. 1st round went cool and I was selected for 2nd round. In the 2nd round the interviewer was very rigid and wanted me to code a particular way. Asked other java questions like garbage collection ,inner classes. Also asked a few database questions like joins and example usage of a left outer join.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to code a problem that was based on inversions algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Applied online, heard back few weeks later.

Scheduled for one phone interview. After the interview, heard back like 10 days later for invitation for onsite.

I scheduled onsite, but did not heard back ( no trip arrangement or anything) until a day before the interview, saying the interview was delayed by one day. (was getting frustrated).

When to onsite, with 4 rounds:

1. Interview with 3 R&D interviewers - general technical questions.

2. Interview with 2 R&D interviewers - same

3. Interview with HR - Behavioral

And then HR told me I'm done, and as I was leaving, he said no wait, you have one more so I did.

4. Interview with 1 R&D (i guess manager)

I had deadline in just 2 business days from the interview and HR told me that I should find out by then, but did not heard anything back.. Until exactly a week later I got an offer~ ha

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

45 minutes phone interview. Some questions about C and C++. Which do you prefer and why? Some database questions.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Campus interview 2 rounds and then final round, still on campus. I get the interview chance via UPENN career fair. On the career fair, HR asked me some technical problems like merge sort, difference between C/C++. Then I got a OCR chance. The first two round goes well but the final round is hard for me.

Interview Questions
    • All questions: check if it's a valid BST, reverse linked list, merge two sorted list. Final round: get the median from N arrays (can't merge them first).   View Answer

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!