Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

72 interviews

3.2

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

One phone interview, and one in-house interview. On the phone interview I had to answer questions like OOP principles, basic data structures analysis and then how to write a function with simpl recursion. On the in-house interview, I was given a wrong program, and I had to find the bug and to tell how to fix it. Then I had to solve one problem on arrays.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

some Java questions. An unsorted array with duplicates. sort the array: let the element occurs more in front, if same, let it be in natural order. difference between StringBuilder and string + string

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

one phone interview and one on-site interview. Basic questions on C, C++ and Java. Questions included on JVM, difference between all the 3 languages, storage used for each type of variable etc. Gave to debug a program and asked further questions on it. gave a question no. of ways to climb n stairs with 1 or 2 hops.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Snacks, tour, breakfast and then 2 rounds of technical interviews
    Each round interviewed by 2 people , after the second round I was expecting the third round to come up but was asked to leave.

Interview Questions
    • Make a product array , such that each index has product of all the elements in the array except itself   View Answer
    • Design to display latest socks. Top 10 ticker   View Answer
    • Given a pool of strings, any two of them can be joined if last char of first string and first char of second are equal, that joined string will inturn be added to the pool again
      Eg: abc and cba gives abcba, the common character will be taken once and that applies for for the last and first principle. Multiple characters can occur in the same string.
        Answer Question
    • Find the Cycle in the graph
      Difference between tree and graph
        Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

submit resume online. Get a phone interview and I failed.The phone interview question is not hard, but you should be communicate with your interviewer enoughly. I failed on the first round of phone interview screening. It's very pity because the question is not hard. If this company is your dream company, remember don't start coidng at first, try to communicate with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are basic,such as find whether two trees is subtree of each other.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

2 Phone interviews followed by some onsite I think. I got out in the 2nd round. Questions were answerable and not very tough. Mostly were on data strcutures and algorithms.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

2 rounds of techincal interviews. In both of them I was asked to code, basically algorithms. A problem was given and they had given me screen share access. They saw while I coded. 1st round went cool and I was selected for 2nd round. In the 2nd round the interviewer was very rigid and wanted me to code a particular way. Asked other java questions like garbage collection ,inner classes. Also asked a few database questions like joins and example usage of a left outer join.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to code a problem that was based on inversions algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

I got two technical phone interviews then one on-site interview. The question was not very difficult about linked-list. The second questsion was about implementing Merge Sort in C++ which I did not give a perfect answer. Overall, I thought I answered quite well for all the questions but few days later I got an email saying that I did not make it through.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

45 minutes phone interview. Some questions about C and C++. Which do you prefer and why? Some database questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Applied online, heard back few weeks later.

Scheduled for one phone interview. After the interview, heard back like 10 days later for invitation for onsite.

I scheduled onsite, but did not heard back ( no trip arrangement or anything) until a day before the interview, saying the interview was delayed by one day. (was getting frustrated).

When to onsite, with 4 rounds:

1. Interview with 3 R&D interviewers - general technical questions.

2. Interview with 2 R&D interviewers - same

3. Interview with HR - Behavioral

And then HR told me I'm done, and as I was leaving, he said no wait, you have one more so I did.

4. Interview with 1 R&D (i guess manager)

I had deadline in just 2 business days from the interview and HR told me that I should find out by then, but did not heard anything back.. Until exactly a week later I got an offer~ ha

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!