Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

one phone interview and one on-site interview. Basic questions on C, C++ and Java. Questions included on JVM, difference between all the 3 languages, storage used for each type of variable etc. Gave to debug a program and asked further questions on it. gave a question no. of ways to climb n stairs with 1 or 2 hops.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

I got two technical phone interviews then one on-site interview. The question was not very difficult about linked-list. The second questsion was about implementing Merge Sort in C++ which I did not give a perfect answer. Overall, I thought I answered quite well for all the questions but few days later I got an email saying that I did not make it through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

The interview process consisted of several rounds: 1 online test, 1 phone interview, 2 interviews on-site. Most questions were difficult to say the least. The online test measured your C/C++ skills. The phone interview was OK. The onsite interviews were difficult, especially the final one with the head of R&D and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2010.

I had an IKM online skills assessment test in C++ and I scored around 80% in that test.
    After that I was called for a telephone interview which lasted around 45 minutes. They touched C, C++, OOPS, Java (though I dont have any prior experience), .Net, Project planning etc. Overall it went very well and the interviewer was saying "excellent", "very good" even for some simple questions also. And then they have arranged for a face-to-face interview after 2 weeks. On the interview day when I was about to start I got a call from my recruiter saying that the interview is cancelled because the role was withdrawn. Well, I dont know why that happened, but I am very disappointed with the outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2010.

On-line exam, thought it would mostly like be Java as thats what I selected in the application but the questions were mainly about C/C++. Extremely hard, coming out of university with a 1st class honours and I'd hardly heard of any of the concepts

Interview Questions
    • What type of search is this? Had an example of code (can't remember it off the top of my head)   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2007.

Did an online skills test that consisted of STL, Polymorphism, constant, pointers and pointer to a constant, exception handling and namespaces, Usual standard C++ stuff. Anyone doing the test just needs to brush up on there C++, these kind of tests can be easy to pass and easy to fail.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why do you think you are suitable for this job.   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!