Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.
- Financial Software Developer (246)
- Financial Sales and Analytics (147)
- Software Engineer (113)
- Financial Software Developer Intern (102)
- Software Developer (74)
- Sales and Analytics (60)
- Data Analyst (56)
- Global Data (53)
- Financial Applications Engineer (45)
- Financial Software Engineer (37)
- Senior Software Engineer (31)
- Global Customer Support (30)
- Financial Applications Developer (30)
- Intern (27)
- Global Data Analyst (25)
- Sales and Analytics Intern (22)
- Analyst (18)
- Senior Software Developer (16)
- Sales Representative (12)
- Financial Sales Analyst (11)
- Financial Analyst (11)
- Analytics Representative (10)
- Software Engineer Intern (9)
- Financial Analytics Analyst (9)
- Financial Product Sales and Analytics (8)
- Quantitative Developer (8)
- Reporter (8)
- Sales (8)
- Global Technical Support (8)
- Customer Support Specialist (8)
Software Engineer Entry Level Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.
Had my phone interview on a Friday morning and was rejected the next Tuesday. Asked my projects and then moved on to technical questions. 1. Two integer arrays, find the numbers that are shared by the two arrays. 2. how to know that a binary tree is a BST?
- Not very difficult. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.
Software Engineer Entry Level InterviewInterview Details
Dont remember when and where I have applied. Got an email for a position and they have scheduled a phone interview and later cancelled it and scheduled a phone interview for a more apt position.Interview Questions
- The interviewer was very patient and helpful. He guided me through the though process but was very fastidious and kept asking till he heard what he wanted to hear. Asked me to write the code for the hash function when the key is a string of 2 characters between a and z. View Answer
Software Engineer Entry Level InterviewApplication Details
I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.Interview Details
I applied online, although I was initially rejected due to an error, they got back in contact. They arranged a phone interview. It lasted 45 minutes. He talked a bit about the company, then moved onto some technical questions. Before the interview they send you a range of topics that questions may be pulled from. I did not get any further in the process.Interview Questions
No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
- It turns out Bloomberg use a lot of C++, I said many times to the interviewer I had no experience with it, but he still asked me questions about it. Answer Question
Software Engineer (Entry Level) InterviewApplication Details
I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.Interview Details
I applied through their website and I had a 30min phone interview.
The interviewer was really nice and helpful. I did horribly in the interview though.
I had listed C++ as one of my strengths on the basis that I can do number crunching with it.
They want CS people not scientists converted into naive programmers.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- They asked me to estimate the algorithmic complexity of finding a value in a binary tree. This is an easy question, but only if you have ever encountered a binary tree. Doing it on the spot during the interview is probably not reccommendable. Answer Question