Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Applied online, received an email asking to list several available time slot for phone interview. Got the phone interview weeks later, the interviewer seems not well-prepared. Asked several questions about how to implement vector in C++.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

questions about operating system and C++. C ++ virtual function, the detain of malloc(new). And some algorithm questions(2SUM etc.).
    So if you want to be hired, you must prepare C++ common questions. like virtual function, malloc, new, delete, memory management, and of course algorithm.

Interview Questions
    • find target in a unsorted array. I think it is straightforward. But in the signal of interviewer's face, I think i did not do well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Applied online through campus career center. Got contacted for a phone interview. Interviewer asked two simple questions which I answered correctly. I had to dictate the code to him over the phone. He then asked me why I wanted to work there and if I had any questions about the company.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Through campus recruiting. The whole process takes about a month with three rounds of tech interview and one HR talk.Not quite difficult, the normal stuff for under graduate student. Like traverse a binary tree. They also have some design question like design an ATM for child.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Met Bloomberg representatives at career fair and had an oncampus interview

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of Java questions, algorithmic and logic problems   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

I got an Email from HR and set a Technic Phone interview in one week.
    First I was asked a few behavior question, e.g. why this company, how do you know this position. Then I was asked some details about the CV, after than came C++ questions. e.g. copy constructor, assignment operator. And also require to write the code and read to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The details about the copy constructor I wasn't well prepared, and you have to write the code on the paper and read out.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Met them at student career fair. Dropped my resume, spoke with the HR team, nothing technical. Got a call 3 days later, requesting and interview session.
    First interview: 2 young men, pretty smart and friendly (just want I like). 2 Technical question, - reversing a singly linked list, and another question on people trying to cross a bridge.
    Personally, I'll advice you, they are NOT out to trap you or trick you, they just want to see if you get it. I couldn't answer any of the questions in C++, but I got their explanation and proved it to them :).
    Second interview was with HR and a Manager. Manager was seriously cool. I like him and and I guess vice versa. We exchanged contacts, and 3 days later, I got the offer.
    Interview with manager was more like introducing me to Bloomberg, and showing me super cool stuffs :) Then 1 technical question (open ended) at the end (I got that one right though - it was not all luck). Question: how will you transfer Kind James Bible from point A to B most Efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward... you better know C++ or any similar language though ;)   View Answers (2)
    Well, It was mainly talking to the HR. :) They tell you all they want to give you, and they do not expect and answer from you right away... I liked the offer, so I took it. :D

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2012.

there are two rounds, and the first one is 1 to 1 interview, and HR just asked some basic programming questions, like how to reverse a string, and also asked some about my projects. For the next round, two HRs asked me about the programming knowledge again, and also tested me about how to reverse an integer. The interesting thing is that there was a logic puzzle for me. I was kinda stessed out at that time so that I was kind stuck on this problem. I was notified not to get that intern a few days later by E-mail.

Interview Questions
    • How to reverse a string   View Answer
    • How to find out the most frequently appeared number in an integer array?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vien (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vien (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Applied online, got a mail regarding a phone interview in approximately a month. First, we talked about the projects I had listed in my C.V. Interview consisted more in "trivia questions" such as
    what is a pointer,
    what operations can you do with pointers,
    what is a static function in C
    what is heap memory / stack memory & difference between them

then from OOP :
    what is a class / object / instance?
    what is a design pattern / final etiquette
    Where are stored local vars?
    Where are stored dynamically allocated vrs?
    pass by value / pass by refference
    what is "This" or "self" ?
    Design patterns, where to use them

Interview Questions
    • Name as many differences as you can between a java abstract class and an interface. What is class forwarding and where do you use it?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!