Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

104 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – were a panel of two people and asked basic c and some logical quesitions as i was a non computer science major. was not very difficult.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – They were pretty fast. I applied some time in late January- early February and the responded within the next week. Got to the phone interview, which took about an hour. some of the questions were to design some simple algorithms, ie given a sequence of numbers, print the non-duplicated elements. they also kept asking about the time and space efficiency of the implementation and tried to have you come up with better ones.

Interview Question – Given a sequence of numbers, is it possible to recover the original tree structure of the array before it became an array using inprder traversal? what about preorder traversal?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got a on-campus interview by submitting resume on school's site

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through online application, got an phone-interview 3 weeks later.
The phone interview did not involve coding, just asked me to explain two algorithm questions.

1.Given two stack classes, how to implement a queue with dequeue and enqueue operation both with O(1) time complexity.
2.Find the longest palindrome in a string. Just keep asking me if I could give faster solution. I end up giving a O(n^2) solution.

Interview Question – Find the longest palindrome in a string. Just keep asking me if I could give faster solution. I end up giving a O(n^2) solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – First on campus interview, then on-site interview.
At on-site interview the two interviewers spent some time debating which position I was actually applying to; seems like they were told different things. They also were given a very old version of my resume from a previous application there even though I updated my profile and resume on their website.

Interview Question – confirm open/close parentheses, brackets, etc.
How many ways are there to make a dollar out of coins
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Drop me resume on school career website, got a call from recruiter after a week asking me if I had time for oncampus interview. Had interviews that Friday. At the end of first interview, I was asked if I had time for another interview, I stayed and had the second. At the end of second interview, I was asked if I had time for third one. I came back later that day to finish my third and fourth interviews. The first and second interviews are technical and lasted for one hour each, the third one was half behavioral, he asked me a simple design problem though. The last one was completely behavioral, I just chat with the recruiter. All interviews were nice and helpful during the interview. They gave me hints when I got stuck....

Got an offer in the following week. I was amazed by their efficiency. This is the fastest recruiting process I've ever heard...

Interview Question – 1. Find a substring in a string
2. A board contains black and white cells. Find the largest size rectangle with edges all white cells.
3. Find the subarray in a array of ints with largest sum
4. Given a process tree. Each process has a pointer to its parent. How can you kill a process? Killing a process means to kill it and all of its descendants.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Actually I am still considering

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – On campus, three rounds

Interview Question – Including stack, queue, array   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got interview request 2 weeks ago, asking my availability for a first round phone interview after 18th. No response after that until the end of last week, I was asked to interview today 11am EST. No call in so far, still waiting. I also emailed HR, no response.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – On campus interview.

Interview Question – all basic algorithms and data structure questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – The onsite interview includes 4 rounds: including general coding, architect, complexity analysis and a discussion on your current project. A lunch will be included during the interview, but the host won't contribute to your feedback.
My interview were performed during a busy season, thus I need to drive from Pier 39 to San Bruno, and it was hard to park near the Youtube office

Interview Question – Finding the local minimal with sublinear time."   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 104 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.