Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.2

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online. HR sent email asking for available time for phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 45mins. Interviewer was really friendly. Started of by going through resume (around 5 mins). Then some technical questions about array and linked list. Last 5 mins was open to Q/A with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • How to find the nth element of linked list   Answer Question
  • Check if array of int contain two number that sum equal to target number   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was referred by one friend after submitting my resume and scheduled the interview very soon. It was mostly basic technical questions related to my experience and previous projects. It was phone interview about 45 mins.

Software Engineer Interview

The initial round was a phone interview with HackeRank of approximately 50min. The interviewer was helpfull and was okay with coding in the language you are comfortable with.Questions about previous projects, pointer and string functions of C were asked

Interview Questions
    • Find the maximum difference in an unsorted array with the index of max greater than min. array cant be sorted   View Answers (5)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied through an on campus career fair. They scheduled an interview after a short technical screening in the career fair (the look and say problem).

In total I had 2 two-on-one technical interviews and two behavioral interview (one with HR, one with manager). I was given an offer right after the last behavioral interview with the manager.

All interviewers are very friendly and easy to work with. The whole interview experience was great! The only complaint is that my recruiter seems to be very very busy.

Interview Questions
    • As to interview questions: There was nothing really out of my expectations. All problems could be found in interview preparation books.   Answer Question

Competing offer

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Contacted after career fair and immediately scheduled for interview. The interview was done on campus, and their people were pretty relaxed. Talked about projects and coursework, was positive while answering questions. The second interview was not as pretty - forgot a pretty important memory management detail, and the whole tone of the interview went downhill.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online and through University recruiting website. Was asked timings to schedule a phone interview. After giving the timings, the process took only 2 weeks. The phone interview was initially a look over resume and then some theoretical questions on data structures and then the coding section. In the coding section, I had to write code on a shared screen where the interviewer saw my code in real time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Referred on October 15th, got an email from HR on October 29th, scheduled a phone interview on November 20th.
    Phone Interview. Start by asking about projects on my resume. Talked about two projects, one from my previous internship, using C++ and one in the school. Then start coding in HackerRank. Three coding problems in total -- merge sorted array, check if two trees are the same and validate if a tree is a binary search tree. Got one snippet of code in the end and asked me to think of test cases and fix the bug. It mainly completes the task to reverse integer. Give me time to ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • That would be fix the overflow issue in the last question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I met with Bloomberg at the college career fair. I spoke to one of the recruiters who asked me about my experiences, education etc. He then made up a question on the spot about a robot navigating through a room (based on my experience with programming the Roomba), and asked me to come up with an algorithm. Open ended, he liked my answer and gave me an interview for the following week.

In the interview for the first round, I was interviewed by two of Bloombergs engineers who asked basic logic based questions that used the principles of counting, sorting, searching etc. At the end of the interview they told me that they were impressed with my performance and wanted me to interview again the next day.

The next day my interviewer asked me an open ended question on how I would implement a text editor. I gave the best shot I could but I did not clear that round.

Interview Questions
    • The one regarding implementing a text editor.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I got email from HR to give five dates on which I could give my interview. But, on the day of my interview they asked to reschedule it as the interviewer was not available. Then, on the day of my interview I got call at the exact time, firstly I was asked to tell me about myself and how i got to know about Bloomberg..etc. Initially I misunderstood the question and wasted 15 mins, interviewer asked me about my solution and then I realised that I misinterpreted the question. I quicky came up with correct solution and then we did a dry run of it. He told me that he got my logic and then asked me to code, but despite giving me n extra 5 mins I couldn't complete the code( I did things in haste). After the interview, I tried and it took me 10 more mins to complete the code. (Posting the solution as well)

Interview Questions
    • If the input is 6, then output should be the series 6 3 10 5 16 8 4 2 1, similarly if input is 10 then it should be 10 5 16 8 4 2 1, and if input is 4 then output is 4 2 1.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Process took about a month, applied online and got a phone interview, pretty straight forward. Three days later got offered an on site interview, went to NYC and interviewed with three more people, the questions this time were harder. The first two interviewers were really nice, however the last one was not that much, he had a rather heavy accent so Understanding some questions was not easy, and his interview was just 30 minutes long, as opposed to 45 min for the others.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a method for a Fibonacci sequence where instead of adding the last 2 elemenT's you add the last n elements. For n=3. 1 1 1 3 5 9...   View Answers (6)