Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

3.3

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

For Campus career fair. I have passed the first and second round. This problem is in the final round. Given two very very large numbers which cannot hold in 64 bits. How to calculate the final product? Can you optimize your solution?

Interview Questions
  • This problem is in the final round. Given two very very large numbers which cannot hold in 64 bits. How to calculate the final product? Can you optimize your solution?
    Difficulty : fair
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The onsite interview includes 4 rounds: including general coding, architect, complexity analysis and a discussion on your current project. A lunch will be included during the interview, but the host won't contribute to your feedback.
    My interview were performed during a busy season, thus I need to drive from Pier 39 to San Bruno, and it was hard to park near the Youtube office

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

On campus interview. It has 2 consecutive rounds and takes 2 hours in total. The first round has one interview officer and the second round has 2 interview officers. They ask about resume first and then gave a question they prepared in advance printed on a piece of paper. In the end, they will answer your questions if any.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Calculating fibonacci number.
      2. Some knowledge-based question on Java, such as reflection.
      3. String manipulation, counting the frequency of each letter in each word of a paragraph.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

The interview started with me explaining my favorite project followed by some straight forward algorithm questions mentioned in most of the posts. It was then followed by some Java questions. It was my first round and I am still waiting for a reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

scheduled interview at career fair.
    the one hour 1-to-1 interview followed the usual pattern: first resume related questions, followed by a technical question, followed by "do you have any questions for me".

the interviewer was a little self-absorbed and kept changing topic to himself/his work/his education and wasn't much interested in listening about me.
    he didn't phrase the problem clearly in the technical question part of the interview. so half way through working on the solution, i knew this interview was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • using a log generated by a multiprocessor machine, which contains start and end time of each process, find the longest slot of time in which the machine wasn't idle.
      the log is sorted by the process's start time.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Applied on campus and was called for an interview in a week. Got a cursory first round wherein I was asked to implement string copy and had various corner cases to consider. The second round was to print a 2D matrix in spiral. Ended up not answering completely due to time shortage.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got an interview after talking to the reps at the career fair at my university. The interview was an hour technical. Called me a few hours later to schedule a second interview for the next day. Again, it was an hour technical.

Interview Questions
    • A couple questions about C++. They asked me to write code to merge 2 sorted arrays, delete some items from a linked list, etc.   Answer Question

Telephone interview first

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions comes at the first round of Telephone Interview. One is more about algorithms, the other is programming.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

There were two interviewers, asked basic string manipulation questions. They weren't friendly enough and tried to create a lot of pressure during loud thinking.

Software Engineer Interview

one round phone interview, then onsite, did not prepare well, two technical guys, failed.

Interview Questions
    • questions not very diffucult, just didn't prepare well   Answer Question