Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.
- Financial Software Developer (285)
- Financial Sales and Analytics (242)
- Software Engineer (189)
- Software Developer (147)
- Financial Software Developer Intern (100)
- Sales and Analytics (87)
- Global Data Analyst (66)
- Data Analyst (62)
- Global Data (56)
- Financial Applications Engineer (45)
- Senior Software Engineer (42)
- Intern (40)
- Financial Software Engineer (40)
- Global Customer Support (35)
- Financial Applications Developer (31)
- Senior Software Developer (28)
- Sales and Analytics Intern (22)
- Analyst (20)
- Global Customer Support Representative (19)
- Financial Product Sales and Analytics (18)
- Sales Representative (18)
- Financial Analyst (16)
- Market Data Analyst (14)
- Analytics Representative (12)
- Global Technical Support (12)
- Financial Product Sales & Analytics (12)
- Financial Analytics Analyst (11)
- Financial Sales Analyst (11)
- Reporter (10)
- Software Engineering (10)
Software Engineering Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA) in January 2015.
Applied through website. Got a phone screen interview which went went. The lady was quite nice and easy to talk to. Proceeded to technical interview which was difficult and the interviewer was not very friendly.
- Write code in java to search a file system for duplicates and return the copies. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.
Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.
After three months from applying, a telephonic interview was scheduled. The interviewer asked me about my interest in Bloomberg, some questions on OOPs and then a coding question at hackerank. After that, a design question was asked on designing an online phone directory for the school.
- Given a sum, find two numbers in an array with that sum. 1 Answer
Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.
I submitted application on the net. HR team contacted me after 2 weeks to schedule the interview.
A week later I have a phone interview for general questions and technical abilities.
- Various Questions:
Overall Questions related to my resume. This took 20 minutes. Then, we jumped to technical questions. Simple questions are that Please explain my research process. which software I use. etc. Then, very specific questions. Pointer, Sequence and numerical algorithms and so on. It was difficult to answer. But somewhat I answered. Answer Question
- Various Questions:
Software Engineer InterviewNo Offer
Dropped my resume at campus career fair. The recruiter(engineer) asked me several questions about heap and array. 2~3 weeks after the career fair, I was asked to schedule a phone interview.
- It was about tree. How can you find a sibling of a given node? (sibling means a node at the same position in the other subtree) 1 Answer
Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..
Applied online. HR sent email asking for available time for phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 45mins. Interviewer was really friendly. Started of by going through resume (around 5 mins). Then some technical questions about array and linked list. Last 5 mins was open to Q/A with the interviewer.
Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).
I was referred by one friend after submitting my resume and scheduled the interview very soon. It was mostly basic technical questions related to my experience and previous projects. It was phone interview about 45 mins.
- in-depth algorithm questions Answer Question
Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The initial round was a phone interview with HackeRank of approximately 50min. The interviewer was helpfull and was okay with coding in the language you are comfortable with.Questions about previous projects, pointer and string functions of C were asked
- Find the maximum difference in an unsorted array with the index of max greater than min. array cant be sorted 9 Answers
Software Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..
I applied through an on campus career fair. They scheduled an interview after a short technical screening in the career fair (the look and say problem).
In total I had 2 two-on-one technical interviews and two behavioral interview (one with HR, one with manager). I was given an offer right after the last behavioral interview with the manager.
All interviewers are very friendly and easy to work with. The whole interview experience was great! The only complaint is that my recruiter seems to be very very busy.
- As to interview questions: There was nothing really out of my expectations. All problems could be found in interview preparation books. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Software Engineering InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..
Contacted after career fair and immediately scheduled for interview. The interview was done on campus, and their people were pretty relaxed. Talked about projects and coursework, was positive while answering questions. The second interview was not as pretty - forgot a pretty important memory management detail, and the whole tone of the interview went downhill.
- Number of zeros in a number factorial 3 Answers
Software Engineering InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..
Applied online and through University recruiting website. Was asked timings to schedule a phone interview. After giving the timings, the process took only 2 weeks. The phone interview was initially a look over resume and then some theoretical questions on data structures and then the coding section. In the coding section, I had to write code on a shared screen where the interviewer saw my code in real time.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review