Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through website. Got a phone screen interview which went went. The lady was quite nice and easy to talk to. Proceeded to technical interview which was difficult and the interviewer was not very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write code in java to search a file system for duplicates and return the copies.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

After three months from applying, a telephonic interview was scheduled. The interviewer asked me about my interest in Bloomberg, some questions on OOPs and then a coding question at hackerank. After that, a design question was asked on designing an online phone directory for the school.

Interview Questions

• Given a sum, find two numbers in an array with that sum.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted application on the net. HR team contacted me after 2 weeks to schedule the interview.
    A week later I have a phone interview for general questions and technical abilities.

Interview Questions

• Various Questions:
      Overall Questions related to my resume. This took 20 minutes. Then, we jumped to technical questions. Simple questions are that Please explain my research process. which software I use. etc. Then, very specific questions. Pointer, Sequence and numerical algorithms and so on. It was difficult to answer. But somewhat I answered.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Dropped my resume at campus career fair. The recruiter(engineer) asked me several questions about heap and array. 2~3 weeks after the career fair, I was asked to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• It was about tree. How can you find a sibling of a given node? (sibling means a node at the same position in the other subtree)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online. HR sent email asking for available time for phone interview. The phone interview lasted around 45mins. Interviewer was really friendly. Started of by going through resume (around 5 mins). Then some technical questions about array and linked list. Last 5 mins was open to Q/A with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How to find the nth element of linked list   Answer Question
    • Check if array of int contain two number that sum equal to target number   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by one friend after submitting my resume and scheduled the interview very soon. It was mostly basic technical questions related to my experience and previous projects. It was phone interview about 45 mins.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The initial round was a phone interview with HackeRank of approximately 50min. The interviewer was helpfull and was okay with coding in the language you are comfortable with.Questions about previous projects, pointer and string functions of C were asked

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum difference in an unsorted array with the index of max greater than min. array cant be sorted   9 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied through an on campus career fair. They scheduled an interview after a short technical screening in the career fair (the look and say problem).

In total I had 2 two-on-one technical interviews and two behavioral interview (one with HR, one with manager). I was given an offer right after the last behavioral interview with the manager.

All interviewers are very friendly and easy to work with. The whole interview experience was great! The only complaint is that my recruiter seems to be very very busy.

Interview Questions

• As to interview questions: There was nothing really out of my expectations. All problems could be found in interview preparation books.   Answer Question

Competing offer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Contacted after career fair and immediately scheduled for interview. The interview was done on campus, and their people were pretty relaxed. Talked about projects and coursework, was positive while answering questions. The second interview was not as pretty - forgot a pretty important memory management detail, and the whole tone of the interview went downhill.

Interview Questions

• Number of zeros in a number factorial   3 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online and through University recruiting website. Was asked timings to schedule a phone interview. After giving the timings, the process took only 2 weeks. The phone interview was initially a look over resume and then some theoretical questions on data structures and then the coding section. In the coding section, I had to write code on a shared screen where the interviewer saw my code in real time.