Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.2

139 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

I applied on line and was contacted very soon by email. Then I was set up a phone screen interview. They waited for me about a month, which was so nice. Then during the phone interview, the people I was talking to was so nice, he guided me through to solve the coding problem step by step. I really appreciate this opportunity, because it helped me a lot for my future interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

were a panel of two people and asked basic c and some logical quesitions as i was a non computer science major. was not very difficult.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

They were pretty fast. I applied some time in late January- early February and the responded within the next week. Got to the phone interview, which took about an hour. some of the questions were to design some simple algorithms, ie given a sequence of numbers, print the non-duplicated elements. they also kept asking about the time and space efficiency of the implementation and tried to have you come up with better ones.

Interview Questions
    • Given a sequence of numbers, is it possible to recover the original tree structure of the array before it became an array using inprder traversal? what about preorder traversal?   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through online application, got an phone-interview 3 weeks later.
    The phone interview did not involve coding, just asked me to explain two algorithm questions.

1.Given two stack classes, how to implement a queue with dequeue and enqueue operation both with O(1) time complexity.
    2.Find the longest palindrome in a string. Just keep asking me if I could give faster solution. I end up giving a O(n^2) solution.

Interview Questions
    • Find the longest palindrome in a string. Just keep asking me if I could give faster solution. I end up giving a O(n^2) solution.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First on campus interview, then on-site interview.
    At on-site interview the two interviewers spent some time debating which position I was actually applying to; seems like they were told different things. They also were given a very old version of my resume from a previous application there even though I updated my profile and resume on their website.

Interview Questions
    • confirm open/close parentheses, brackets, etc.
      How many ways are there to make a dollar out of coins
        Answer Question

On campus, three rounds

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

I got a phone interview. It was about 45 minutes, but this one ended earlier. Overall it was all technical questions, you do not need to prepare much for behavioral questions. Just prepare a really good introduction and prepare some really good questions to ask them to show your passion.

They can ask you 4-5 questions in a 45 interview, from simple to hard questions. The first one can be an overall idea, like, how would like to create a ** machine? How would create a test case for **?

On campus interview.

Software Engineer Interview

For Campus career fair. I have passed the first and second round. This problem is in the final round. Given two very very large numbers which cannot hold in 64 bits. How to calculate the final product? Can you optimize your solution?

Interview Questions
    • This problem is in the final round. Given two very very large numbers which cannot hold in 64 bits. How to calculate the final product? Can you optimize your solution?
      Difficulty : fair
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The onsite interview includes 4 rounds: including general coding, architect, complexity analysis and a discussion on your current project. A lunch will be included during the interview, but the host won't contribute to your feedback.
    My interview were performed during a busy season, thus I need to drive from Pier 39 to San Bruno, and it was hard to park near the Youtube office