Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.2

147 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First on campus interview, then on-site interview.
At on-site interview the two interviewers spent some time debating which position I was actually applying to; seems like they were told different things. They also were given a very old version of my resume from a previous application there even though I updated my profile and resume on their website.

Interview Questions
  • confirm open/close parentheses, brackets, etc.
    How many ways are there to make a dollar out of coins

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

On campus, three rounds

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

I got a phone interview. It was about 45 minutes, but this one ended earlier. Overall it was all technical questions, you do not need to prepare much for behavioral questions. Just prepare a really good introduction and prepare some really good questions to ask them to show your passion.

They can ask you 4-5 questions in a 45 interview, from simple to hard questions. The first one can be an overall idea, like, how would like to create a ** machine? How would create a test case for **?

On campus interview.

Software Engineer Interview

For Campus career fair. I have passed the first and second round. This problem is in the final round. Given two very very large numbers which cannot hold in 64 bits. How to calculate the final product? Can you optimize your solution?

Interview Questions
    • This problem is in the final round. Given two very very large numbers which cannot hold in 64 bits. How to calculate the final product? Can you optimize your solution?
      Difficulty : fair

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The onsite interview includes 4 rounds: including general coding, architect, complexity analysis and a discussion on your current project. A lunch will be included during the interview, but the host won't contribute to your feedback.
    My interview were performed during a busy season, thus I need to drive from Pier 39 to San Bruno, and it was hard to park near the Youtube office

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Drop me resume on school career website, got a call from recruiter after a week asking me if I had time for oncampus interview. Had interviews that Friday. At the end of first interview, I was asked if I had time for another interview, I stayed and had the second. At the end of second interview, I was asked if I had time for third one. I came back later that day to finish my third and fourth interviews. The first and second interviews are technical and lasted for one hour each, the third one was half behavioral, he asked me a simple design problem though. The last one was completely behavioral, I just chat with the recruiter. All interviews were nice and helpful during the interview. They gave me hints when I got stuck....

Got an offer in the following week. I was amazed by their efficiency. This is the fastest recruiting process I've ever heard...

Interview Questions
    • 1. Find a substring in a string
      2. A board contains black and white cells. Find the largest size rectangle with edges all white cells.
      3. Find the subarray in a array of ints with largest sum
      4. Given a process tree. Each process has a pointer to its parent. How can you kill a process? Killing a process means to kill it and all of its descendants.

View Answer
    Actually I am still considering

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

I got interview request 2 weeks ago, asking my availability for a first round phone interview after 18th. No response after that until the end of last week, I was asked to interview today 11am EST. No call in so far, still waiting. I also emailed HR, no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Got a on-campus interview by submitting resume on school's site

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

On campus interview. It has 2 consecutive rounds and takes 2 hours in total. The first round has one interview officer and the second round has 2 interview officers. They ask about resume first and then gave a question they prepared in advance printed on a piece of paper. In the end, they will answer your questions if any.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Calculating fibonacci number.
      2. Some knowledge-based question on Java, such as reflection.
      3. String manipulation, counting the frequency of each letter in each word of a paragraph.

Answer Question