Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – an online test,followed by a phone interview and a video one.simple technical questions.I answered all of their questions and they were very prompt in answering.
After that i was called for an on site interview,more difficult questions ,3 teams,and then an interview with the Human Resources.They were very friendly and i enjoyed it.

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Highly unprofessional. The telephone was OK, but the F2F was a folly to say the least. Send two recent college graduates to interview, who had no inkling on what my profile said and how to interview me. Not angry because recent graduates interviewed me, but the behavior left a lot to be desired. I have C++ pasted all over my resume, because I am a C++ developer, they conveniently overlooked that part and delved into C. They were probably illiterate in C++ so tried to outsmart me when I started writing C++ code.

Interview Question – Nothing as such   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview lasting about 40 min. Why do you want to work for Bloomberg + technical questions from an OO language e.g. Java. Questions Included : What is a VM? What is a garbage collector? What are exceptions in Java? What is a class? What is inheritance? What is the word 'this' in Java? Give me examples of classes from java.util. etc.

Interview Question – All questions were basic ones. Just revise the theoretical concepts in Java and do some basic programming to see for example which methods an objects inherits by default.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview: Basic C/C++ no probs
Face to face: Two team members first, basics, implement a class, nice chat
Face to face: Senior member: Puzzles, good chat.
HR: Unavailable at the day so phone interview later. 20 mins, rapid-fire HR style questions.

No offer made, they took over a week to decide. No reasons given, no feedback given.
Team members seemed great, HR are typical HR.

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via recruiter. few days later I had a phone interview.

Interview Question – Questions:
Differences between process and thread.
What kind of memory(ies) is allocated when a program starts.
Polymorphism
Encapsulation
Storage classes in C++.
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had technical interview through phone.

Interview Question – How to start a code before main starts?
Can we use auto_ptr for stl-containers?
auto_ptr ownership? if we assign b = a, here a and b are auto_ptrs
what is the complexity of vectors/maps?
what is the complexity of troubleshooting vectors?
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by a developer in the London office who was very polite and easy to talk to. I was extremely nervous as this was my first interview in 14 years, which didn't help matters at all. All the questions were programming related, mostly C++ and the usual 'what is the difference between a process and a thread' type questions. A couple of the questions where unsuitable for a phone interview, e.g. the interviewer described a programming block and asked 'what might be wrong with it'. There actually was nothing specifically wrong with what he had described given the wording of the question (seriously!), so I think a different style of question on the same subject should have been asked instead.

I lucked out because although I had answered most of the questions correctly, I had apparently not given enough details. I think I should have been asked at the time 'can you give a bit more detail' to avoid this. Ten weeks later and the job is still advertised, and from what I've heard from recruiters, I think they should review their hiring procedures.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2010.

Interview Details – I've applied at Bloomberg careers section and got an email with link to the online assesment (C++ questions). After that I got 1 hour phone call with common computer questions (what is mutex, virtual function, multiple inheritance, starvation etc). Then I got an invitation to 1:1 interview in London. C coding and brainteasers. Finally no offer.

London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview Details – They were confused.

First they forgot to call me on scheduled time, so I had to contact guy from the agency, and then he arranged new time. Also, on the same day of that first 'missed' phone interview, I got rejection email from them, which was, obviously, a mistake.
First interview lasted some 30 minutes, and the questions were usual about C++, Unix.
I got through to second technical interview, but then I got surprised - it was some 80% the same as the first one! Same questions, same topics.. I was confused, but I answered even better than on the first interview(I read more about it after first interview). So, I was expecting to pass the second round, since I already passed the similar first round, and I did good in the second round, but then I got the rejection email.. My guess is - since I'm from outside EU, they probably judged that it would be too much for them to pay the whole thing..

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2010.

Interview Details – After completed an online assessment test I was invited for the phone interview. All questions was technical. Interviewer began with simple C++ questions like: what does copy constructor do, what is polymorphism, what is overloading, etc and finished with a more advanced about interprocess communication and STL. The chat over the phone took about 30 minutes and was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!