Bloomberg L.P.

291 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Financial Software Developer Interview

Financial Software Developer
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for a Financial Software Development entry level position and when filling my application they asked my strongest programming language among c,c++, and Java. As I had previous experience with Java I selected it as my strongest language. The following day they sent me an email with instructions to take an online skills assessment. Reading this forum, I practiced a few IQ/Intelligence test with good results so I felt confident to take the test. I took the test and to my surprise it was all Java programming questions (syncronisation, inheritance, interfaces, polymorphism, analysing pieces of code, etc). The questions where very specific and not about general OO programming concepts eg. Which one of the following is NOT polymorphic behavior? As I've been out of practice a bit in hands on programming I really struggled with the test. Basically I didn't remember clearly the syntax and got confused with some sentences. My recommendation is that you should study throughly your programming language selection and be ready for tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Which one of the following is NOT polymorphic behavior?
    What support does java.io have for preventing malicious code from altering Serialized Objects?
      Answer Question
  • When using an ArrayList as the implementation for a list collection, what happens if adding an element exceeds the ArrayList's capacity?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

Interview Details – After screen test was invited for an interview. Really impressive building, very fancy environment, 1 tour of questions was easy, it's the 2 where i screwed up. They asked me some questions related to TCP Ip protocol, I can't even remember what exact quetions were but I coudn't answer. I didn't expect much from that interview. In a week of time I got a phone call from them that I am not a person they were lookign for...

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2010.

Interview Details – On-line exam, thought it would mostly like be Java as thats what I selected in the application but the questions were mainly about C/C++. Extremely hard, coming out of university with a 1st class honours and I'd hardly heard of any of the concepts

Interview Question – What type of search is this? Had an example of code (can't remember it off the top of my head)   View Answer

Software Engineer-Financial Interview

Software Engineer-Financial
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2010.

Interview Details – very touch online technical interview... i applied for C developer role.. so have to take a C test.... passed this test.... was invited for face to face... any questions on array, pointers.... just basics.... but make sure u have a thorough understanding.....if sucessfull... u get an interview from senior developer... who gives u crazy puzzle....so be prepared for a puzzle..

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2012.

Interview Details – There are 5 stages of interview. First one was telephonic interview. It was purely technical - c++, databases, unix. Next stage was face to face interview. Second interview was f2f and purely technical which lasted 2 hrs. At the beginning of this interview, I was told that whether I have more interviews or not will depend on how I fair in this interview. Second f2f was with the manager of team which lasted 45 minutes. It was totally CV based. Third f2f was with HR, it also lasted one hour and consisted of typical HR type questions and CV based questions, it was almost repetition of second f2f. Last stage was telephonic interview with NY team. I have really bad experience with this interview. The interview was arranged for 10 PM on a Friday night and the interviewer did not call. It was rearranged for Monday night. Even then, he did not apologise for not calling on Friday. Also, the way he started the interview it seemed he had really made up his mind not to take it. Asked me a very vague scenario based question and when I asked questions he replied u have to decide that for everything and finished the interview abruptly.

Interview Question – .   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Financial Software Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2008.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone interview, followed by in-house interview.
I lasted 3-4 hours and consisted of 3 technical and 1 HR interview.
Typical questions asked were about programming, puzzles, algorithms, etc

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a Russian with a very heavy accent. I had a hard time understanding the recruiter. I think she was lost once I got into talking about my last job specifications.

Reason for Declining – During the entire interview process and every time I was in contact with Bloomberg LP, I talked to people with heavy foreign accents that I could not understand. If I want to work in Russia then I move there and will do my best to learn the language better then my recruiters spoke English.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of several rounds: 1 online test, 1 phone interview, 2 interviews on-site. Most questions were difficult to say the least. The online test measured your C/C++ skills. The phone interview was OK. The onsite interviews were difficult, especially the final one with the head of R&D and HR.

Interview Question – Logical puzzles   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through online. Recruiting captain email me to schedule for a phone interview. The interview was about 40-45 minutes.

Interview Question – The interviewer was kept asking me why I applied for Bloomberg and why this position. He was not convinced my answer, so he kept asking me more specific reasons. Then, he asked me to give him my own analysis of my former employer's stock price.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview first which was basic. I got fast tracked to the final interview.
The final interview was very intense and fast paced. Questions like- what is the larger figure 40% of 60 of 60% of 40? They're the same.
You need to have a keen interest in the financial markets and know what make companies valuable.

Interview Question – 40% of 60 or 60% of 40   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 291 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.