Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.1

312 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

There was continuous focus on the ethos of the firm-I was asked why do you want to work for Bloomberg?, Why the role of Sales? How has your previous work or academic background made you suitable for the culture of the firm? How would you sell a Bloomberg Terminal to a firm like Tesco?

Through a recruitment agency
    1. Phone interview - 15min, why BBG, why customer service, why financial data industry, why sales and analytics etc.
    2. 2nd round - 1hr, walk me through your CV, why sales, why BBG, etc.
    3. 3rd round - 40min, based on experience, some unexpected questions, do expect to be grilled

Product Sales and Analytics Interview

1st stage phone interview: 20-30 mins
    The questions are basic such as your team work experience, why BBG and main competitors.
    Know your CV well and there are a lot of information of BBG on the official website, glassdoor and database.
    All questions can be well prepared in advance through researches.

Summer Internship Technical Telephone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

It was pretty nice interview. Asked basic questions like pointers, pass by value and pass by reference.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Took over a week to receive a technical phone interview invitation, I wrote I am best in Java in my CL so the questions are mostly general questions about Java. The interviewer is really nice and guide me through the thinking process when I cannot give an answer immediately. After two days I received an invite to in-house interview. Have not been to the in-house interview yet.

Interview Questions
    • Quite simple questions, just basic understanding of some of the most common programming language (C, Java, C++)   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First telephone interview was pretty basic- why bloomberg, why this role, what do I know about the products offered etc.
    Next round I believe was a bit harder. They asked me to pitch the terminal to a reuters user.

Interview Questions
    • why would a researcher buy terminal over fact set ( which is super cheap in comparison )
      How can a corporation hedge currency risk using bbg?
        Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Online application followed by a 20 minute phone interview and a face to face meeting ( if based in London ) or video conference.
    Phone interview was very generic/basic
    • CV Walkthrough
    • Why Bloomberg?
    • What do you know about the company?
    • What do you know about the role?
    • What’s the difference between good and great customer service?
    • How do you keep up to date with financial news?

Financial Analyst Interview

Good process until final interview which was very tough, Brush up on your financial knowledge and learn about the clients and how to sell the terminal.
    first interview is phone, then on site with 2 mid level managers then the final with heads of departments.

Sales and Data Analytics Interview

Overall, interview was a pleasant experience. I was a bit nervous and my voice was shaking but the representative was very professional.
    Most of the questions were common: why Bloomberg, why this role, Bloomberg's competition, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing, which I did not expect was a hypothetical sales call. I though these only come in the later stages of hiring.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was recommended by a friend and went directly through to the telephone interview, this was straight forward and very pleasant. I was asked general questions such as;

-Why Bloomberg?
    - What do we do?
    - Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    - What makes our product special?
    - Who are our customer?

However the final interview was ridiculous, it was a 1-1 with the manager of the Analytics Division. He was extremely cold, obnoxious, cocky and proceeded to question my integrity as a person rather than question me as a professional. There seems to be no general criteria with regards to who is suitable for the job, it is simply up to the person who interviews you.

Prior to the interview process I met people who worked there and had no finance or even business background, If anyone is considering working for Bloomberg I suggest you understand what your role as a salesman will be.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell our product to the CEO of a Hedge fund?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!