Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my applications, I had an invitation for phone screen interview with one of the software engineer in Bloomberg. The phone interview was not too hard. They asked a lot of c++ basic, such as what are the difference between array and pointer, stack and heap in memory, and static variable. For the coding part, I was asked to implement a function to get the Fibonacci sequence. After the phone screen interview, they invited me to the face-to-face interview. The questions was not too hard. Some basic c++ stuffs and algorithm. However, I did not perform well when I had the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• what are the difference between array and pointer, stack and heap in memory, and static variable. implement a function to get the Fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

My interview started with a phone call from one of the team leaders. The call lasted for about 20-30 mins. I was asked general questions about my previous work experience and normal questions about my motivation to apply for this job.

Passing that, I was invited for a 2nd interview but this time via Skype. I was again interviewed by another team leader but this time the questions were more related to customer service and my own experience about dealing with customers. I was asked to give examples of previous situations I had on dealing with different customers. Examples of difficult customers situations, how I've handled, and I was also asked to give an example on what was the most imaginative and proactive way I've resolved a customer's issue.

I then received an invitation to attend to a meeting at their offices in London. They've arranged and paid for my flights, including one night staying in a hotel not far from the office. The interview was very nice and basically consisted on them talking about the company, company's culture and all the aspects related to the job position. We then did couple of group exercises together with the other candidates and afterwards, he had a guided tour of the all building. The last part of the interview was having individual one to one interviews with 2 of the customer support team leaders. Again, similar questions as before, work experience, why Bloomberg and what were my motivations for applying for this role. They also asked what were my goals for the next 3 or 5 years.

I just received an invitation for the last interview back at the London office and this time, it seems that we'll have a simulation test. They will book me again my flights and let's see what happens. I am very excited as my 1st experience when visited Bloomberg's office in Finsbury square, it was mind blowing. So far, nothing bad what so ever about the all interviews process...fingers crossed now!

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Why are you applying for this role?
      What was the most creative way you resolved a customer's issue?
      Where do you see yourself within the next 3 to 5 years?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had four rounds in total. The first round is via telephone (only one guy), the second one is via Skype and there were two guys. These two rounds both required me to use a website to do some coding. Purely technical interviews.
    Then they asked me to fly to London to attend the last interview. It began with another round technical interview, face to face, also more difficult. Then the final last round is with a HR.
    The whole process is nice and the tips they mentioned in emails are helpful! Nice and welcoming recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find two numbers in an array whose sum is equal to a given number.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Quite quick, less than 3 months - 1st round with HR and then 3 rounds of interview ending with Head of Sales. Repetitive questions about background and why Bloomberg. Tested knowledge of financial markets and skills

Interview Questions

• Which company that could benefit from the terminal and which department would use it and how to sell it to them   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great pay and benefits. No need to negotiate.

Data Analyst With Eastern European Language Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Soon after I received an email telling me that I was selected for a phone interview. The phone interview went fine I believed as one of their employee interviews me and they do not have the skills of putting you in awkward situations. Few days after the phone interview, I received another email inviting me to a in-house interview. The interview was held again by two of their employees, one of which was late. Although employees do not tend to put you in awkward situations with their questions they do tend to ask meaningless question and that is what happened. From this point on I have never heard from them again.

Financial Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

4 rounds. Expect about a week between each round. After 1 phone interview (HR) and 2 Skype interviews, was invited for an 2:1 in-office interview at London office. More interested in VBA and Excel skills. Very conversational. Was given an office tour after the final round, which I took to be a good sign. Received a call with the offer the following morning.

Interview Questions

• What are some array sorting methods you've used in VBA?
      What is the most optimal way to transpose arrays onto a worksheet?
      What is the default variable type of an undeclared variable in VBA?
      When would you use credit spreads?
      What option pricing methods do you know? What are their inputs?
      What is a swap? A bond? Duration?
      Are you familiar with volatile functions?
      Have you used VLOOKUP? INDEX? What is the difference between the two?

Answer Question

Quant Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I was interviewed by HR. Then, I was interviewed with two people in their London office: a senior quant and a director. I was asked to simply introduce my research work. Then, we went to the technical questions. The whole interview took about 1 hour. Most of the questions are programming questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions about coin tossing and some questions of programming (c++ related questions)   Answer Question

Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

You will almost certainly be asked this question during a telephone and face-to-face interview, but it is also on the application form. Bloomberg wants to be thought of as unique and special – and what employer doesn’t? To impress, you need to combine what you know about the company with your own skills and experience. Ask yourself the following questions when thinking about a response:

What do you like about Bloomberg’s culture?
    Why Bloomberg over its competitors?
    What aspect of the business do you think you would be suited to?
    How will Bloomberg help you achieve your career ambitions?
    What do you like about Bloomberg’s culture?: When you want to talk about the cultural aspects of Bloomberg, remember that the company famously has expansive modern headquarters and rules against private offices and other hierarchy-enforcing infrastructure. Articulate what you like about this sort of environment and provide an example of when you have succeeded in such an environment from your own experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions: Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for us? Can you tell me two your strengths and two weaknesses?   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process started with the online extensive application. After few days I was contacted by HR department from NY, USA by email and some conditions for the upcoming phone call were set. Some days later the phone call was made. After that I have not been admitted to the next phase of the hiring process.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2015.

Interview

After initial screening I had a phone interview and then invited to in house one. Typical HR interview consisting of motivational questions and a few technical ones relating to past experiences. It is important to link your past experience to the role.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why this position ? What do you think your day to day activities would be.   Answer Question