Bloomberg L.P.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – was contacted after one month, 1 hour interview with 2 persons ...Professional guys.Question :why you want to work for Bloomberg, why this role, how much you know about the company, this product etc...

Interview Question – nothing unusual ...   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – phone interviews and face to face at london

quick check of your cv?
why bloomberg? why this position? what are your quality for this job? how do you sell a terminal over reuters?
convence me to exhange my iphone for your blackberry

Interview Question – what is a bond? what is put option? and they you to graph the payoff of severals financial products   Answer Question

GTEC Representative Interview

GTEC Representative
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview and Recruitment Event and Final Round. All steps are not difficult. But you will find that those are not the people you want to work with. They are expecting you to work OT and even work at home. And the 2-month training programme is very poor. You are supposed to make 100% more effort than what you are offered.

Interview Question – IT questions in the final round   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was three interviews that had to be taken. First a phone call with a team member; basic questions like why Bloomberg, why this role, CV walkthrough, could non-financial companies use a Terminal and give some examples of those. 2nd round interview was a video-call conference out of Frankfurt(GER) to London, because I applied for a German speaker position. More difficult questions; interviewers were two team leaders: one out of Analytics and one out of Sales. A lot of the same questions as in the first interview, but much more in depth. Questions like what are Bloombergs biggest markets, BBGs biggest 5 customers in Germany, ratio of financial companies in client pool. Interview was 75% in English and 25% in German. Third round interview was a phone-conference with two Managers based in London. One Sales and one analytics manager. Way more difficult questions. They constantly try to get you out of your comfort zone by digging really deep in your skill and motivation profile. Just do your thing and they'll be happy. E.g. the manager asked me why I was the ideal candidate for the role, no matter what I told him he just kept saying "great, but everyone here has those skills". Stay cool in such situations, they'll try to get you super-nervous. I personally had the feeling that my third interview was horrible, but I got an offer anyway. Little joke at the end: my interviewer did some simple numeracy at the end like 1,5² or whats bigger: 40% of 20 or 20% of 40 (it's the same), he said he could hear me tapping one the calculator, I told him it was my brain that made such sounds while thinking (helps ease the inner nervousness). If you try to call sales or customer service to get infos, they won't tell you. Responses from HR always came within one or two days,

Interview Questions

• 5 biggest Bloomberg Markets and 5 biggest German customers   View Answer
  • How would you service a very very angry client who complains about wrong info displayed on the Terminal?   View Answer
  • If you were responsible for acquiring new clients in Hamburg(GER), which companies would you go to?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, because it was a Entry Level role.

Graduate Interview

Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had an initial telephone interview by a manager. Asked a lot of questions about my previous experience 1-2 behavioural questions and why Bloomberg and how will you sell a Bloomberg terminal . Second round was at Bloomberg London office. Great office and atmosphere. 1 hour job shadow at a client service desk which initially looked interesting but then I realised that these people were just call centre type client service people. After job shadow, 1 hour intense interview by sales support manager and sales manager. Many behavioural questions regarding team and working under pressure. Again asked, how will you sell a Bloomberg terminal and how will you justify the cost of Bloomberg terminal. How will you sell a Bloomberg services in 60 seconds.

Interview Question – Very sales orientated questions and constant probing   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Intern Interview Interview

Financial Software Developer Intern Interview
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied online through thir site, after 2-3 weeks got an email to schedule a phone interview.

A 40 min techinical interview followed. General questions about my CV and what did I know about Bloomberg. The technical part way 70% java and 30% C++. Some of the java questions: what is a JVM, advantages and drawbacks of the JVM, how does the GC work, how does a hash table work, basic types of collections. C++ part: differences between Java and C++ memory model, stack vs heap allocation, difference between pointers and references, friend keyword, private/protected/public visibility modifiers, differences between class and struct.

Shortly after the phone interview they invited my to their HQ in London for an in house intervirew. There I had 3 interviews: the first was with two junior software engineers, the second with a senior software engineer and the third one with someone from human resources. The technical part was almost completley C/C++ with the standard questions on pointer arithmetics, function invocation and algorithms.

Interview Question – After you formulate a solution to an algorithms question you have to write the C implementation on paper.   Answer Question

Sales & Analytics Interview

Sales & Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very quick process with 30mins phone interview with generic questions. Literally a few minutes after the call I was invited via email to have a face to face interview with 2 hiring manager and have 1h job shadowing. This took place 2 days after the initial phone interview

Interview Question – Most difficult questions were about financial products and related technical skills   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Sales and Analytics
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call basically to check my understanding of the position and my mottivation and make sure i knew what I was applying for. After that a first round in house with two senior manager same style of questions plus role play :sell the terminal to this customer. after that How would an automotive company use the terminal and why sales and analytics. tomorrow final round

Interview Question – how do you calculate a bond and what is the consequence of the reduce of the interest rate by the ECB   Answer Question

Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Products Sales and Analytics
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Very straightforward, however encountered problems whereas the system withdrew my application without my request. The interviewer was very friendly and accommodating. Most of the questions asked were straightforward in terms of relating to previous experiences and competency based questions. Most important question is 'Why Bloomber? and What is unique about the culture.'

Interview Question – Specific question related to asset classes. Explain the difference between an option and a forward   Answer Question

Research Associate-equities Interview

Research Associate-equities
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details – The office is very nice, all glass and open spaces, free food and coffee in the waiting area. The interviewer was professional, most of the questions were standard (e.g. why Bloomberg, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what was the last book you read etc.). This was supposed to be a second-round, after a telephone interview, however I was fast-tracked to the one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – You have 30 min to write a short piece of research on a stock of your choice.   View Answer