Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.1

315 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2014.

Applied through a recruitment agency, process was very quick. Telephone interview on the Wednesday focused on my path so far leading up to university/job search and my motivations for applying to Bloomberg and that particular role. Recruitment agency contacted me to invite me to face to face interview on the Thursday morning, started off shadowing a recent starter in analytics. Basically looked as though the analytics was a fancy word for a call/contact center for anyone with a Bloomberg terminal, basic questions being answered and more complex questions being referred to more experienced members of the analytics team. After half an hour shadowing the interview began with one guy from sales and one lady from analytics- both really nice. Again started with my path discussion on why i'd chosen my degree subject and why I didn't want to go in to asset management/banking given my work experience. Big emphasis on 'why Bloomberg' throughout the interview. Then basic questions about what i thought the role entails and where it would lead me long term, questions about Bloomberg's competitors within the market (Eikon) and how they were better or worse. One competency question based on how to sell in hypothetical situation where a bank wants to lower costs and Bloomberg is one of the highest costs to the bank so how I would convince that bank to keep Bloomberg terminals over the Eikon.
    Invited back on the Friday for what I was informed would be my last interview, again one guy from sales and a lady from analytics. This time they seemed a lot more stern about the role and the majority of the interview was focused on 'why Bloomberg' over asset management or other financial services positions, any answer I gave wasn't good enough as they continually compared any reason I gave to a similar benefit of working in banking etc. After making me feel uncomfortable I was asked what I enjoyed in my spare time, my answer being 'football' (don't say football) the lady asked me to sell her a football match... any ideas shot down instantly e.g. "I don't like football, my boyfriend wont let me go, I don't like any sport". Made it virtually impossible to sell, which granted was a test but the product was completely unrelated, I understand that usually they ask you to sell a Bloomberg terminal- perhaps they should stick to this in future.

Interview Questions
    • How difficult did you find your A-levels/Degree compared to your peers?   View Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2014.

Applied online. Received an email after about 2 weeks for a telephone interview, followed by a face to face interview at London office (after 2 weeks of telephone interview). The questions were fairly easy. Only on C++. The interviewers were very friendly throughout the process. The office is beautiful, especially impressed by the cafeteria! :P

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview:
          Difference between call by pointer and reference
          Polymorphism
          Vptr, virtual table- where is it stored
          Size of an empty class-why? With a function? With a virtual function?
          Constructors
          Copy constructor
              Static members and static functions
      In house:
             Program to reverse an integer array.
             Program to generate a random number in the range 1 to 200 with equal probability. Given a function that always returns 1 or 0.
            Inheritance
            Question on logical operators
        Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

Was great! very quick and efficient, very well organised. HR and other hiring managers and interviewers were very nice and represented company and its values to the best - made me really want to work there!

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions really - rather a lot of examples from previous experience, situational questions as well as technical questions, for example: describe in simple words what is a standard deviation.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

There was continuous focus on the ethos of the firm-I was asked why do you want to work for Bloomberg?, Why the role of Sales? How has your previous work or academic background made you suitable for the culture of the firm? How would you sell a Bloomberg Terminal to a firm like Tesco?

Graduate Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

3 interviews (1st one on the phone, followed by a first In-house interview and a final interview). Was rejected after the final interview by a standard email. Did not receive any feedback though promised I would - I asked for feedback two times, on the phone and via email. The process took at least three weeks in which I prepared thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions - not related to the role.   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

I applied online on company website, they contacted me after a day. The interview took a place two weeks after that. I had a phone interview and it was very technical.

Interview Questions
    • I've been asked how to sell a terminal. The lady was quite rude. The interview was technical; your background, motivation about Bloomberg and position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2012.

the interview process is composed by 3 steps all very general and without very technical question.
    during the second interview the HR guys walk the candidates through the BBG office in London.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online through BBG website and within 2 days got an email invitation to phone interview 20 minutes, walk me through your CV, questions like why BBG, who are competitors, why not investment bank, question about bonds, generally pleasant experience, 30 min later invited via email to in-house interview.

Interview Questions
    • How conflict in Ukraine / Russia influences financial markets.   View Answer

C++ Developer: Trading Solutions Connectivity and Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

First I received a email scheduling the telephone interview. The interviewer called me precisely at the allotted time. Interview mainly comprised of C++ questions - covering exception, copy constructors, undefined behaviour. There was a algo question regarding finding if two string were anagrams are not. I was giving a step-by-step approach, but the interviewer looked unhappy and he wanted the final answer and he was looking for the precisely the answer he hand in mind. Though he was friendly, he didn't seem to appreciate any "thinking-at-candidate's side".

Product Sales and Analytics Interview

1st stage phone interview: 20-30 mins
    The questions are basic such as your team work experience, why BBG and main competitors.
    Know your CV well and there are a lot of information of BBG on the official website, glassdoor and database.
    All questions can be well prepared in advance through researches.