Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.1

312 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Through a recruitment agency
    1. Phone interview - 15min, why BBG, why customer service, why financial data industry, why sales and analytics etc.
    2. 2nd round - 1hr, walk me through your CV, why sales, why BBG, etc.
    3. 3rd round - 40min, based on experience, some unexpected questions, do expect to be grilled

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

I had a phone interview roughly 1 week after my application to the London office. There were a few, fairly simple, regular questions. Make sure you know how is Bloomberg different to their competitors. Don't say that they are the best company in the industry because they will say it's not...

Interview Questions
    • 1. How would you sell a terminal to a company outside of the financial industry?
      2. You are responsible for Morgan Stanley's account and they are firing 500 employees hence returning 500 terminals. How do you minimise the damage to bloomberg? You cannot give any price discounts
        Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

one phone interview and one on-site interview. Basic questions on C, C++ and Java. Questions included on JVM, difference between all the 3 languages, storage used for each type of variable etc. Gave to debug a program and asked further questions on it. gave a question no. of ways to climb n stairs with 1 or 2 hops.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was invited for an initial interview. I was advised there would be a second interview for those short-listed to the next stage of the selection process however I was not shortlisted and received an email notifying me of this 5 days later. Both interviewers were pleasant and approachable. Staff at the reception were very frosty.

Interview Questions
    • I was quite surprised that the interviewers asked a hypothetical question that was a particularly specific scenario - I completely appreciate 'situational questions' when used appropriately but this really didn't give an insight into much and was apparently based on an incident that happened once.

I was expecting more behavioural based questions but all of the questions were very general e.g. What do you do to organise yourself at work and meet deadlines?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview took 3 weeks in total: Would have taken less, but I kept asking for more time between interviews to prepare.
    1. Application: Got reply next day and phone interview invitation
    2. Phone Interview: 18 minutes/ questions: Why BBG? Why this role? What is the difference between average and good salesperson ( I gave example in addition to explanation)? Rank knowledge in finance 1 to 10?
    In 15 minutes I got invitation to Face to face interview

3. Interview with Manager of Sales and one manager of Analytics: Questions: Why BBG? Tell about yourself? Sell terminal to a country where they do not have presence? a lot of technical questions/If I ended up talking about options,they would follow up and ask about it- so you can set your own interview :)

4. Interview face to face with Head of Sales and Head of Analytics: No technical questions at all/ Again, why BBG? Who would you contact in order to sell terminal to a Russian bank? What would you change about the way they work? what did I not liken during shadowing etc....Lasted longer than 1 hour- we ended up talking about everything. Very friendly!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do as a manager at BBG if you were me? (Question from Head of Analytics)   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

was contacted after one month, 1 hour interview with 2 persons ...Professional guys.Question :why you want to work for Bloomberg, why this role, how much you know about the company, this product etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

phone interviews and face to face at london

quick check of your cv?
    why bloomberg? why this position? what are your quality for this job? how do you sell a terminal over reuters?
    convence me to exhange my iphone for your blackberry

Interview Questions
    • what is a bond? what is put option? and they you to graph the payoff of severals financial products   Answer Question

GTEC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Phone Interview and Recruitment Event and Final Round. All steps are not difficult. But you will find that those are not the people you want to work with. They are expecting you to work OT and even work at home. And the 2-month training programme is very poor. You are supposed to make 100% more effort than what you are offered.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

1st in-house interview questions:
    tell me more about yourself / What do you like about Bloomberg? / How do you imagine a typical day? / What does the data department? / Give me exemples of team work / What role do you usual have when you work in a team? / Why did you chose this MSc? / What are the skills that you have developed during past experiences that are relevant for the position? / Why don't you apply in an investment bank? / What are your short-medium-long term objectives? / 3 words to describe yourself?

Interview Questions
    • What role do you usual have when you work in a team?   View Answer
    still waiting for the answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

It was three interviews that had to be taken. First a phone call with a team member; basic questions like why Bloomberg, why this role, CV walkthrough, could non-financial companies use a Terminal and give some examples of those. 2nd round interview was a video-call conference out of Frankfurt(GER) to London, because I applied for a German speaker position. More difficult questions; interviewers were two team leaders: one out of Analytics and one out of Sales. A lot of the same questions as in the first interview, but much more in depth. Questions like what are Bloombergs biggest markets, BBGs biggest 5 customers in Germany, ratio of financial companies in client pool. Interview was 75% in English and 25% in German. Third round interview was a phone-conference with two Managers based in London. One Sales and one analytics manager. Way more difficult questions. They constantly try to get you out of your comfort zone by digging really deep in your skill and motivation profile. Just do your thing and they'll be happy. E.g. the manager asked me why I was the ideal candidate for the role, no matter what I told him he just kept saying "great, but everyone here has those skills". Stay cool in such situations, they'll try to get you super-nervous. I personally had the feeling that my third interview was horrible, but I got an offer anyway. Little joke at the end: my interviewer did some simple numeracy at the end like 1,5² or whats bigger: 40% of 20 or 20% of 40 (it's the same), he said he could hear me tapping one the calculator, I told him it was my brain that made such sounds while thinking (helps ease the inner nervousness). If you try to call sales or customer service to get infos, they won't tell you. Responses from HR always came within one or two days,

Interview Questions
    • 5 biggest Bloomberg Markets and 5 biggest German customers   View Answer
    • How would you service a very very angry client who complains about wrong info displayed on the Terminal?   View Answer
    • If you were responsible for acquiring new clients in Hamburg(GER), which companies would you go to?   View Answer
    No negotiation, because it was a Entry Level role.