Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 22, 2014

3.1

337 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online through BBG website and within 2 days got an email invitation to phone interview 20 minutes, walk me through your CV, questions like why BBG, who are competitors, why not investment bank, question about bonds, generally pleasant experience, 30 min later invited via email to in-house interview.

Product Sales and Analytics Interview

1st stage phone interview: 20-30 mins
    The questions are basic such as your team work experience, why BBG and main competitors.
    Know your CV well and there are a lot of information of BBG on the official website, glassdoor and database.
    All questions can be well prepared in advance through researches.

Through a recruitment agency
    1. Phone interview - 15min, why BBG, why customer service, why financial data industry, why sales and analytics etc.
    2. 2nd round - 1hr, walk me through your CV, why sales, why BBG, etc.
    3. 3rd round - 40min, based on experience, some unexpected questions, do expect to be grilled

Financial Product Sales & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Had one round telephone interview, standard questions such as why bloomberg and why this specific position. How do you sell Bloomberg terminals to Coca-Cola? Gold price. Current crisis in Ukrain's influence on gold price? What is the competitor of Bloomberg?

Interview Questions
    • They expect you to be interested, if not an expert in financial market. They might ask you the price of certain commidity and ask you to compare to the previous price.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Online application, phone interview, video conference interview as I was not in London at that moment, passed to the final interview, which is still ahead of me.

All interviews were with people from the Sales & Analytics team, not HR. The two interviews were quite similar - main emphasis on why Bloomberg, how is it different from competitors, why this job and not bank (I have a degree in banking), then how to sell the terminal to non financial company, how to sell it to a customer if he can get it cheaper from T. Reuters.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was about Bloomberg Order Management System and the use of it by asset/wealth managers i.e.: what happens when I want to invest in a stock, what does the wealth manager do?   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

I applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview less than two days after. Basic interview questions such as: How is a day like with your current job,Why Bloomberg, Why this position? What qualities do you have that will be useful in the job you are interested in?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Applied online for a French-speaking position. Process took about a month. Went through 2 steps so far: Phone interview with expectable questions (why Bloomberg? Why not investment Banking?), 1 Video-conference (with prior 30 minutes shadowing) in NY and another one still ahead!
    The people I interacted with so far were extremely nice and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • If you get inquiries from a trader, a sell-side analyst and a CEO at the same time. How would prioritize and why?   Answer Question

C++ Developer: Trading Solutions Connectivity and Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

First I received a email scheduling the telephone interview. The interviewer called me precisely at the allotted time. Interview mainly comprised of C++ questions - covering exception, copy constructors, undefined behaviour. There was a algo question regarding finding if two string were anagrams are not. I was giving a step-by-step approach, but the interviewer looked unhappy and he wanted the final answer and he was looking for the precisely the answer he hand in mind. Though he was friendly, he didn't seem to appreciate any "thinking-at-candidate's side".

C++ FX Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

I had a phone screening in July. The questions were almost entirely technical C++ questions--including STL questions. Some are expected:

Difference between class and struct?

I declare an empty class, what's in it?

Tell me about static.

Tell me about virtual.

Difference between passing a variable and passing a reference, which is faster,
        is passing the reference always faster?

What's a map?
        if I define the key as a class, what needs to be defined

Interview Questions
    • Difference between override and overload? What are the different casting keywords in c++? I declare a class with a virtual function. What special function should be declared virtual? Why? Tell me about const. can non variables be const?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

one phone interview and one on-site interview. Basic questions on C, C++ and Java. Questions included on JVM, difference between all the 3 languages, storage used for each type of variable etc. Gave to debug a program and asked further questions on it. gave a question no. of ways to climb n stairs with 1 or 2 hops.