Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 22, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

intense, frenetic work culture was evident during interview in DC. High stress among my soon-to-be supervising editor who left a few months after I joined the company. Years ago, hiring process was relatively informal, based upon editors' review of clips and resume and final interview with Editor in Chief Matt Winkler. Tip back then: Say ``yes'' emphatically if Winkler asks whether you want to work for Bloomberg.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

I had an initial phone interview that was very quick, it lasted maybe 10 minutes. They flew us all in, about 50 of us, to DC. We had a tour of the DC office and then had an hour interview scheduled for an hour. I interviewed with 2 managers, 1 one for sales and 1 for analytic. They were very nice and did not ask any trick questions.

Senior Event Planner - BGOV (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

I applied on May 15, 2013 and got an email a week later to do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview on May 23. I met with 2 individuals who, quite frankly, seemed too busy to meet with me. I extended my hand to shake the person of my hand who met me at the reception area, and he ignored it.. He rushed me down a hall, checking his phone the entire time. The other interviewer was eating her lunch during my interview (which was at 5pm!) and the other one kept looking at his watch. They looked at my resume, briefly discussed my experience, asked me a few predictable questions and one completely inappropriate question that I almost walked out. They told me that I was over qualified, which quite frankly I was wondering why they even brought me in. A complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Where were you born? Doesn't that violate all sorts of HR rules and an EEOC violation?!? Michael Bloomberg's employees need a refresher on HR policies and interview processes.   View Answer

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

The interview process lasted a long time, which seemed to indicate not a great internal process. There were numerous people to meet, but because of scheduling it was impossible to see more than one person at a time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

The first interview was a phone interview and casual. Easy to pass. Second was an on-site interview lasted about 3 hours. Their developers will come in pairs and ask you technical problems to solve. Then their manager will come and ask you about some general questions i.e. what's your career goal etc.

Contract Negotiations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Law school graduate who applied to various BLAW positions in DC, NY and NJ through the online site. got a call back in about a week. three rounds of interviews over 2 week period. all phone interviews. Next step would have been an in-person but didn't get that far.

Currently in interview process for another Bloomberg position, so I highly recommend you do not get discouraged if you don't get the first position you apply for.

Interview Questions
    • "What one word makes you a great fit for this position?" This was not a difficult question but was unexpected as most of the other questions were very formal and easy for me to apply my experiences to the duties that would be assigned.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

As usual Bloomberg's interview process was very quick. I've interviewed twice for two different positions, one in New York City and the other in DC. The first was both by phone and then face-to-face with New Energy Finance in NYC. I initially applied for a research position then was recommended I try sales and development. After speaking to the folks it seemed a bit to sales for my taste in profession.

This last interview was a phone interview here in DC. The interview was very straight forward, I actually think I may have over-prepared for it. It was a good lesson. I prepared papers, water, a bunch of materials and probably ended up over-anwering the interview questions when straight succinct answers were probably expected. The interviewer seemed satisfied with shorter, perhaps, two sentence answers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

The interviewer for the phone interview was awful. He asked vague questions like "If you run into a problem in the constructor, how would you solve that?" If you ask clarifying questions, he thinks you're stupid for not understanding such a simple question. I will likely never apply to Bloomberg again.

Interview Questions
    • If you run into a problem in the constructor, how would you solve that?   Answer Question
    • If you run into a problem in the destructor, how would you solve that?   Answer Question
    • There's different data coming in different frequencies. How would you design the database?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!