Bloomberg Television

Bloomberg Television Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

Video Editor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Applied online. Received an Email the very next day that i wasnt a candidate that they were going to pursue for the position.Find it strange that i still get emails from them about other positions and that i should forward them to my friends which may be interested.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have any live newsroom experience. I have plenty of video editing experience. But felt as if they wouldnt even consider me since I have no newsroom experience,   Answer Question

Freelance Camera Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Phone interview took about 10 minutes. The woman on the other end was very nice and friendly. She asked me first to tell me about myself, and asked me why I was interested in working at Bloomberg. She asked about my availability and then asked what I would be looking for as far as an hourly compensation rate. She then told me a little more about the company and what I could expect by working in this environment. After asking her a few questions myself, she told me that she would pass along her notes to her hiring manager and for me to expect to hear back from her in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what I expected to earn on an hourly rate. I'm used to job or day - based rates, so wasn't exactly sure what to say. I just replied that I am flexible.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Overall easy, went in one time met with 3 hiring managers one at a time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have dealt with ambiguity in the workpalce.   Answer Question

Line Producer, Anchor, Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Flew into NYC to meet with News Director. Interviewed on site with tour of the facilities. During the interview we discussed my work history - which included having worked with the chief of US television news.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was fairly easy, however I know the news hires now must pass a rigorous news exam designed by news chief, Matt Winkler. If you don't pass, you don't get an offer.   Answer Question
    Bloomberg is very good at orientation and training employees, however you are thrown into the fray almost immediately.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg Television in August 2012.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Interview Questions
    • Questions as expected abut my experience and availability   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyside, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyside, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg Television in March 2007.

The phone interview was quick and to the point.. easy questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is a switcher input and how do you use it?   View Answer

TV Producer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Bloomberg approached me to ask if would be interested in applying for a position. After a couple of initial phone interviews, I had to sit a test to gauge my writing and editing ability and knowledge of financial markets. Several phone interviews followed with more senior people and HR. I understand most people in TV/media no longer have to take the test.

Interview Questions
    Prior to joining and in salary negotiations since, I have always found there's very little room to get more out of the company. They present you with an offer and you accept or decline it. I've only ever managed to extract concessions by having another job lined up elsewhere and telling them I'm about to leave.

Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg Television in January 2014.

Applied through the Bloomberg Careers website, then had a phone interview with a recruiter who went through my experience and why I wanted to work at Bloomberg. They then set up a face-to-face interview with Team Lead, who did the same basic interview, judging whether they would like me on the team. After that, they did some trial shifts

Interview Questions
    • Why Bloomberg?
      What was your favourite business story this past year?

Answer Question

Developer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg Television in April 2010.

Interview was on C++. Asked questions on multithreading. Could not answer

Praktikant Rundfunk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg Television in March 2010.

Der Test fand in der Hauptniederlassung von Bloomberg in London statt - alles ist dort ziemlich protzig und "high-tech", einschließlich einer Cafeteria, in der richtig viel los ist. Einige von uns, die sich für Praktikumsplätze in London oder Frankfurt beworben hatten, wurden zu einem Rechnercluster gebracht, wo wir einen Test über grundlegendes Finanzwissen absolvieren mussten - Personlichkeiten, Organisationen etc. Dann gab es noch eine Reihe von Tests, um zu ermitteln, wie gut man Geschichten schriftlich wiedergeben kann.

Test took place in the main Bloomberg office in London - very swanky and high tech, with a buzzing cafeteria area. A number of us applying for London and Frankfurt Internships were taken to a computer cluster where we completed a test comprising questions on basic financial knowledge - personalities, organizations etc. There were then a series of tests to see how good you were at rewriting stories.

Interview Questions
    • Mit welchem Land verbinden Sie "Tata"?   With what country would you associate Tata?   View Answer