Bloomberg Television Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

Video Editor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Applied online. Received an Email the very next day that i wasnt a candidate that they were going to pursue for the position.Find it strange that i still get emails from them about other positions and that i should forward them to my friends which may be interested.

Interview Questions
    • Did I have any live newsroom experience. I have plenty of video editing experience. But felt as if they wouldnt even consider me since I have no newsroom experience,   Answer Question

Freelance Camera Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Phone interview took about 10 minutes. The woman on the other end was very nice and friendly. She asked me first to tell me about myself, and asked me why I was interested in working at Bloomberg. She asked about my availability and then asked what I would be looking for as far as an hourly compensation rate. She then told me a little more about the company and what I could expect by working in this environment. After asking her a few questions myself, she told me that she would pass along her notes to her hiring manager and for me to expect to hear back from her in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what I expected to earn on an hourly rate. I'm used to job or day - based rates, so wasn't exactly sure what to say. I just replied that I am flexible.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Overall easy, went in one time met with 3 hiring managers one at a time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have dealt with ambiguity in the workpalce.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg Television in August 2012.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Interview Questions
    • Questions as expected abut my experience and availability   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Line Producer, Anchor, Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Flew into NYC to meet with News Director. Interviewed on site with tour of the facilities. During the interview we discussed my work history - which included having worked with the chief of US television news.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was fairly easy, however I know the news hires now must pass a rigorous news exam designed by news chief, Matt Winkler. If you don't pass, you don't get an offer.   Answer Question
    Bloomberg is very good at orientation and training employees, however you are thrown into the fray almost immediately.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyside, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyside, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg Television in March 2007.

The phone interview was quick and to the point.. easy questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is a switcher input and how do you use it?   View Answer

TV Producer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Bloomberg Television.

Bloomberg approached me to ask if would be interested in applying for a position. After a couple of initial phone interviews, I had to sit a test to gauge my writing and editing ability and knowledge of financial markets. Several phone interviews followed with more senior people and HR. I understand most people in TV/media no longer have to take the test.

Interview Questions
    Prior to joining and in salary negotiations since, I have always found there's very little room to get more out of the company. They present you with an offer and you accept or decline it. I've only ever managed to extract concessions by having another job lined up elsewhere and telling them I'm about to leave.

Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg Television in January 2014.

Applied through the Bloomberg Careers website, then had a phone interview with a recruiter who went through my experience and why I wanted to work at Bloomberg. They then set up a face-to-face interview with Team Lead, who did the same basic interview, judging whether they would like me on the team. After that, they did some trial shifts

Interview Questions
    • Why Bloomberg?
      What was your favourite business story this past year?

Broadcast Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Bloomberg Television in February 2010.

Long interviewing process. Mostly by telephone. The whole interview took 6 months to process.

Nothing to negotiate

Producer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg Television in February 2009.

i had producer interview with bloomberg and they declined me
    question was

Interview Questions
    • Given constant integers x and t, write a function that takes no argument and returns true if the function has been called x number of times in last t secs.
        Answer Question
    • When I said pretty self evident.. I meant the code that I posted not my own intelligence. People seem to get upset when others post code without explanation.

The way the question was posted it wasn't clear if x and n were constants for the life of the program.
        Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg Television? Contribute to the Community!