Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I had a really nice interview experience. I had the first interview with the sales manager of the department I was interviewing for. I had the second interview with her boss, the group manager, who asked a lot of questions about my previous work experience (especially my experience with another department store). I was hired for the job during this second interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was a few years ago so I don't remember most of the questions. The most difficult question was during the second interview when I was asked for the name of the manager I worked for at the other department store. Luckily, I remembered the woman's name because I had not worked for the other retailer for over ten years.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate salary because I was interviewing for a part-time position. I was told that the store only paid a certain amount per hour for employees starting out part-time.

Fullfilment Retail Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in May 2013.

I applied online, and the process went pretty quickly. Within a day of me applying, I received and email back asking to schedule and interview. I chose a day in which I could interview. I arrived at the location and was greeted with encouraging smiles and body languages of the employees. Seemed like a good sign. As I waited to be interviewed, I noticed another applicant was in one room, while I was called to another (which is typical for an interview depending on the company). As I interviewed, it seemed to be going well. The interviewer was intrigued and pleased with my accomplishments and current role. However, at the end of the interview I was asked would like prefer Full-time or part-time. I indicated I would like Full-Time because that is what the posting of the position stated. I was then informed she would have liked to hire me, however the position I applied for had already been filled! Excuse me! So I'm sitting there confused as to why would you interview someone else if you already filled the position. You could have notified me of the filled position instead of wasting my time. She then tried to hand me over to a contracter Botique store that works within Bloomingdale's. This was just poor communication and unorganized. The Botique seems nice and the process was informal. I don't understand how a company such as Bloomingdale's could wait until the last minute to do such a thing and expect you to walk away with a good taste in your mouth about the company. I don't care if you don't hire and shoot down every person you interview, you are ALWAYS suppose to leave an impressional experience for the candiate to remember the company name as inspiring, innovative, fair and just. Not walk away feeling as though they were taken for a ride, used, or incapable of doing the job. You want everyone to believe in your company, your brand! Darn shame. Oh and by the way, the applied they hired was in the room next to me. He had already been interviewed a week prior and he was signing his W4 forms, etc as I was being interviewed!

Bridal Registry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

After passing their lengthy pre-interview process, I was invited to interview with the HR Assistant Director. I have 10 years experience working in this industry and was looking forward to discussing possibilities. the interview was scheduled for an afternoon--an 2 hours prior I get a phone call to reschedule...Okay...so we rescheduled for 2 days later. I show up a bt early-10 min---and I'm in the Exec. office and tell the receptionist. that I'm here for an interview with Miss "Blah Blah"...she says she will contact her and to have a seat. 30 minutes goes by and not a word----Finally, I ask for an update and I am told that it's Miss "Blah Blahs" DAY OFF!! Needless to say, I walked out and lost my respect for this store that I am a frequent shopper in. Fast forward 3 years, and this particular branch closes. I wonder why? LOL......I would.Never Ever consider working for them.period.

Retail Sales Commission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2012.

The interview consisted of very basic questions however, the interviewer was very rude and impatient. She forgot that she had to interview me and was not happy when she saw that I was waiting for her in the HR lobby. She was planning to leave for the day and you would imagine her surprise when she realized that she had another candidate to interview. I did not have my resume which irritated her even more ( I assumed that she would be readily prepared with my resume printed since I had to upload it online & that's how they extend you an opportunity to interview in the first place). Since she was in a rush she asked only 4 questions and then gave me her card and said " she would be in contact" which normally means "I won't be calling at all so have a nice day". I wouldnt be so upset if I felt like I couldnt ace this interview, but being as though I have been in retail for years & have much experience I knew that I would have been of great assistance to this company. I still think that Bloomingdales is a great company but I know that I just got stuck with the rude hr lady.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a great candidate for Bloomingdales?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in December 2009.

I had only applied for a holiday associate, but when they saw my resume, they immediately took me in to speck with the store mgr. I never said much at all, he just wanted me to be apart of his team and get promoted because he saw that all my background was visual.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!