Bloomingdale's

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Contemporary Designers Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2012.

Really Interesting interview process. Applied online to get an Email days later asking me to confirm an interview at the Human Resources 2 weeks in advance. The day came and I interviewed with a lady from human resources and after the interview she said she wanted me to meet the sales floor manager and so I interviewed with her too. After the interview, the sales manager said she wanted me to meet two other managers (group manager, and divisional merchandise manager) so that was arranged three days after that. That day came and I interviewed with the group manager of which after my interview took me to meet the divisional merchandise manager. After Interviewed with them both, the original manager (Sales Manager) picked me up and took me back to HR, then offered me the position. From what i was able to perceive, they basically screen you and make sure that you are eligible to meet the next manager in the ladder. The whole process may sound a little daunting but everyone was really amazing and extremely nice and professional. By far one of the most challenging and best interviewing experience i've had.

Interview Questions
There really isn't any room to negotiate as the offer usually is really reasonable with really good benefits and/or commissions.