Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomingdale's
- Sales Associate (83)
- Sales Professional (21)
- Sales Specialist (10)
- Merchant Assistant (9)
- Executive Development Program (8)
- Assistant Buyer (8)
- Sales Manager In Training (7)
- Commissioned Sales Associate (6)
- Merchandiser (6)
- Visual Stylist (5)
- Sales Manager (5)
- Sales (5)
- Seasonal Sales Professional (5)
- Bloomingdales Sales Professional (5)
- Customer Service Associate (4)
- Department Manager (4)
- Sales Support Associate (3)
- Loss Prevention Detective (3)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (3)
- Visual Merchandiser (3)
- Luxury Linens Sales Associate (3)
- Sales Manager Trainee (Stage I) (2)
- Beauty Advisor (2)
- Cosmetics Sales (2)
- EDP (2)
- Store Manager (2)
- Recovery (2)
- Group Manager (2)
- Merchandising (2)
- Buying (2)
Department Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.
Series of interviews with regional director, store manager and asmo.
- Describe to me a situation where you had to go out of your way for a guest and how you handled the situation. Answer Question
The met my request.
Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's
Department Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2011.
The one on one interviews with the Store Manager and HR Manager went great . we had the same focuses on the business and clear expectations but the 4 assessments that I had to take were hard for me since english is not my first language. I took me 4 hours to finish them all . I am a hard working person with open availability and 10 years of experience on my last job with more than 30 awards and is frustrating that all that did not mean anything. I am sure that I will do a better job than someone who passed those tests.
- With my experience I did not feel that any of the questions were difficult. They were great questions to look for Talent. Answer Question
Department Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2009.
The interview lasted one hour. The AGM who interviewed me keep jumping from one subject to the next, so there was no flow or cohesion to the interview. It consisted of her asking a question, barely giving me time to go into depth about my work experience and strengths pertaining to the question she asked. Then she would move on to another completely unrelated question. She was not interested in what I had to say and I did not feel I could break the ice with her. It was very unsettling and I could not wait to get out of there.
Department Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2009.
Sometimes you know when you wasted your time, and with Bloomingdale's that is it for sure! I applied for a Department Manager position. I have a, B.A.,M.B.A., and I realized upon interview the person I was being talked to was not schooled very well. I even corrected their english on the interview, which was in a wrong tense. It was a strange interview as if I was truly wasting my time.
- What can you bring to this company if hired? (Friendly spoken but in a quick, bored sorta way). Answer Question