Bloomingdale's Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

interviews with a total of 5 people, plus a phone interview before the five. the first day I interviewed with two HR managers , Then was ask to come back a week later and had an interview with four other people in one day.

Interview Questions

• how do i think i would handle working directly with vendors?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Series of interviews with regional director, store manager and asmo.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a situation where you had to go out of your way for a guest and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The met my request.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2011.

Interview

The one on one interviews with the Store Manager and HR Manager went great . we had the same focuses on the business and clear expectations but the 4 assessments that I had to take were hard for me since english is not my first language. I took me 4 hours to finish them all . I am a hard working person with open availability and 10 years of experience on my last job with more than 30 awards and is frustrating that all that did not mean anything. I am sure that I will do a better job than someone who passed those tests.

Interview Questions

• With my experience I did not feel that any of the questions were difficult. They were great questions to look for Talent.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2009.

Interview

The interview lasted one hour. The AGM who interviewed me keep jumping from one subject to the next, so there was no flow or cohesion to the interview. It consisted of her asking a question, barely giving me time to go into depth about my work experience and strengths pertaining to the question she asked. Then she would move on to another completely unrelated question. She was not interested in what I had to say and I did not feel I could break the ice with her. It was very unsettling and I could not wait to get out of there.

Interview Questions

• What will you do on the first day of work?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with an associate who steals sales from co-workers?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2009.

Interview

Sometimes you know when you wasted your time, and with Bloomingdale's that is it for sure! I applied for a Department Manager position. I have a, B.A.,M.B.A., and I realized upon interview the person I was being talked to was not schooled very well. I even corrected their english on the interview, which was in a wrong tense. It was a strange interview as if I was truly wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company if hired? (Friendly spoken but in a quick, bored sorta way).   Answer Question