Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Bloomingdale's first came to my college campus, where I was selected to interview. The first round was two one-on-one interviews that were each half an hour. Many of the questions were behavioral. I was contacted a few weeks later to move to the second round, which was a set of online assessments and tests.

Quickly after that I was invited to their onsite, which happened at their New York office. The onsite lasted all day, with an hour shadowing someone currently in the program, about five one on one interviews with employees from different departments (one from HR), a retail math exam, and a group interview where we were given a simulation. The group interview was not nearly as bad as I had feared it would be. Breakfast and lunch were provided.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Executive Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got recruited on campus. You interview with two people during first rounds. You interview with three people during second rounds, which are on site.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that your team failed   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomingdale's

Interview Details – Applied through campus career services. On-campus interview was primarily behavioral.

Interview Question – What are three of your strengths and what are three areas in which you can improve?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomingdale's

Interview Details – First phone interview with behavior type questions, then in person interview in NY with and HR person and 2 employees that were buyers and interns there. Why Bloomingdales? Whats your GPA? Tell me about a time you were able to use persuassion to successfully convince someone to see things your way?

Interview Question – If you could be the CEO of any company what would you choose? (CANNOT choose bloomingdales or macys)   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!