Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

2.5

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First applied online, followed by a group interview with people applying for all sorts of positions. It was all very trivial/superficial. A visual job requires a set of skills that's entirely different from a sales role. At no point did they ask anything relevant about the actual job itself and what I can bring the table. Meanwhile, I was ready to go with my portfolio and point of view on visuals, etc. If hiring is based on trivial questions like "what would I bring with me to a deserted island", then no wonder turnover is high. Never heard back from Bloomingdale's, not even to say that they passed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address a customer if you're in the middle of dealing with another customer?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Lengthy, 3 interview process. I met with the Cosmetic Manager, The HR lady and the counter manager at the time. It wasn't too bad but definitely must look your best and always dress up. You want to know a lot of about the company you're interviewing for and if possible have retail experience. Apply makeup from the company you're applying and dont forget to smile!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      What are your goals, say in 5 years?
      Do you think you can meet the retail goals?
      Are your weekends flexible?

Answer Question

Designer Ready to Wear Selling Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online, received an email a few days later inviting me to an interview, online scheduling system was convenient. I was moving at the time so I was able to schedule it almost two weeks in advance. Typically they do group interviews, but there were only two of us scheduled that day (it had snowed the day before) so the Human Resources Manager met with us one-on-one. About three or four days later I received a call inviting me back to meet with a department manager, which was also a one-on-one interview, that individual showed me the department where I might work, explained some of the basics about how they run things. I was told I would hear back within a day as they were looking to fill the vacancy quickly

Interview Questions
    • Why Bloomingdale's?   View Answer
    • What is one thing your previous supervisor/co-workers/best friend might say about you?   View Answer
    • What is your availability   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working in a commissioned environment   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2015.

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a group interview a few days later. Scheduled the group interview for the beginning of the following week. I came in from a very professional standpoint, emphasizing customer service and professional attitude. They seemed to dislike that, and were looking for people with creativity rather than a business attitude. To get the job, discuss how you love art, paintings, and how you learned about yourself through the journey of art. Don't use logic in your responses, use creativity.

Intern Interview

Case interview worksheet and individual interview focusing on my resume. The case interview was asking about how you would motivate employees and manage them, and after they give you guidance. I was cut off before I could answer the question and she just told me the answer. They didn't answer much about their experiences working there, and instead focused on their experiences before joining the company. It was a very strange dynamic, and the case interview seemed like they didn't really care what you put down or how you explained your answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I applied for the evening/weekend position and was invited for an interview. I met first with the HR Manager and afterwards, I met with the RTW department manager. She looked over my resume, asked a couple of questions about my past experience, and my knowledge of the department and Bloomingdales. I was offered the job on the spot.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

all behavioral. I had to take online tests then in person tests then had to do two back to back interviews. overall it was a straightforward process and the staff were transparent

Sales Associate Interview

Be confident, warm and professional. Have absolutely no ego on the interview. They will be impressed. On the group interview answer all the questions first. They will ask about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. So be prepared with a great story.

Interview Questions
    • A time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2015.

Start off with a Group Interview with someone from HR and a department manager, and then contacted for a 2nd interview with the department manager of the department that you will be working for.

Interview Questions
    • Group Interview: What is your availability? Where is your favorite place in the world? What was your best customer service experience as a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2015.

First they do a group interview and then call you back for individual interviews with a manager from each department. The group interview is very laid back to the extent where some may even consider it unprofessional. Just be very aggresive and outgoing to standout.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about yourself?
      if you where an animal what would you be?
      if you did not have to worry about money what would you do?

Answer Question