Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The first interview was with one of the prospective Managers. It was a great experience. They sent me an e-mail a week after for my second interview. This time I got an overview of what my job entails and what was expected of me.

Marketing Project Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, 5 days later, I got a response to schedule an in person interview. She requested 3 times that I'd be available to set up an interview that week. I sent her 3 times in the next hour. The following day, she emailed me that one of the members of the team would not be in all week so she asked me for 3 additional times the following week. I sent them to her and then she came back apologizing and asked me to confirm an interview the following day at noon. I confirmed. Met with 2 members of the team who asked me 3 of the same exact questions- and that was it. The girl I emailed mentioned I'd meet her... didn't. Received 2 emails from the recruitment manager that they have decided not to move forward with me- but one email was for me and the other was for another candidate. BLOOMINGDALES- get it together!

Interview Questions

• Strength/Weakness?
      Why Bloomingdales?
      How comfortable are you speaking to C-levels?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR manager first and manager of department day after. A week passed and I heard nothing. Called to follow up and was told to look out for an email by the end of the next week. Still nothing. Called again and was told to look for an email again. Still nothing. Very unprofessional company

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were most unhappy with your work performance.   Answer Question

Contemporary Sales Professional Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I saw the position posted on Craigslist. I went to fill out app. Got an email next day to schedule interview. Went in for an interview and got hired on the spot but as contingent offer not full time because I go to school in Cali so I'm only here for the summer. She was bubbly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What can your friends say about you?
      What else should I know about you?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotion.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I was group interviewed in soho. There're seven candidates and one manager sitting at the meeting table. The manager was nice and the interview processed as a conversational meeting. We have to be proactive to say whatever that comes to mind. Never stay quite and just smile along the process.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I don't know what the interview process for a full time employee is but I interviewed as a temp (which to my understanding they hire a lot of) It was so quick and on the spot that I didn't even realize that I had been hired until they handed me HR paperwork. I started within 2 day.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses, something I had to overcome at work, a time I went above and beyond... typical questions.   Answer Question

Sales Professional Women's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Garden City, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online & the next day I got an email asking me to schedule for a group interview. I went to the group interview a week later and there were 2 other people. It was very short and informative. The day after my group interview I was called for a one on one interview with the manager of the department and was hired for a full time position on the spot.
    My enthusiasm, knowledge of fashion, and info about Bloomingdale's definitely helped. It was an overall great process

Interview Questions

• How important is Customer Service to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was pleased with the pay so no negotiation was needed. But depending on the department they will ask you if you're comfortable with commission based pay

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

The interview went very well. HR Manager was very pleasant and asked me about myself. Was kind of confusing because they have a merchandiser and a visual stylist. Though I have both visual and merchandising experience I believe that she took me more qualified for the other position. I told her my passion was in visual styling because I get to work with mannequins and create which is what I love to do.

Interview Questions

• What would your former co-workers say about you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was phone screened, which went well and the HR manger even said how refreshing it was to speak with someone who was so switched on in retail. Was immediately set up to take an online assessment. She warned me that others have said how unconventional the test is and is like no other I've taken before. I consider myself to be a very intelligent person who has achieved strong marks in school and been successful in Senior district manager positions for 10 years plus. She was not kidding, it was the most unrelated test I have ever taken in my career. The whole thing lasted about 40 minutes and I felt like I was taking a physics exam mixed with theoretical thinking. Needles to say, I received and email the next morning from the HR women saying how sorry she was and she wish things were different, but I did not pass. And they wonder why the bloomingdales/macy's brands are failing??? Maybe they should spend more time with relevant screening questions.

Interview Questions

• Rice, barley, and wheat are sometimes grown it hot climates, barley and wheat are grown in asia, and rice is mostly grown in Europe. Is it true that most people know that barley in wet climates. Do you:
      strongly agree
      mostly agree
      do not agree
      no opinion
      WTF!!!!

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email 2 days later to schedule an interview. Interview was one on one with manager from human resources , fairly easy. If they are interested they will call you 2-3 days later for another interview