Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.5

PR and Events Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

This was an initial phone interview. They asked a lot about the events part of the job. This seemed to be the main focus of the position. The man doing the interview was a nice guy that was actually working at Bloomingdale's corporate office in NYC, so prepare for East Coast timing for the call. My best advice would be to prepare to be asked about events that you exclusively have managed as opposed to assisting manage. It also did not seem as though working within fashion was THAT important...although I am sure a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most successful event and explain why you consider it so?

Describe a time when you came across some issues within the planning of the event...how did you solve it?
        View Answer

EDP Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First interview, conducted one on one, second with a district and regional, third assessment, the. Vp of sales. Strong retail background required. Strong management level experience required. Hopefully selling can be a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you seta goal and a over achieved it.   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and was called in for an interview the next week. The first interview is a group interview where very basic questions are asked. There was then a second interview later that day that was one on one. After meeting with a second person and going over my resume in detail I was then told that I was to meet with the floor manager of my specific area. I met with her and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you can strive in a commission based position?   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online, and got an e-mail the next week asking me to sign up for an interview time. I did and when I got to the store I had an interview with HR. They asked me a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time at work where you did not like the outcome.   Answer Question

Fragrance counter manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interviewed with HR manager after a group interview, interviewed with the store manager and interviewed with the cosmetics manager. The whole process took over a month. I applied for a seasonal position which was all they had available even though I had 11 years of experience in the field. It happened to get me noticed and got me an elevated interview. It was over a month before I was hired though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle a top producing employee that has areas of need for improvement?   Answer Question
    I did not get to negotiate and it came in under what I had asked for but Higher than industry starting pay.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The interviewing process was very quick - they were very friendly and easy to talk to! They were very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions that I had, and made the experience great.

Sales Specialist Interview

We had a group interview then an individual interview. So they didn't take you to other hiring managers after the first one, then they probably won't take you. Easy questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

I started online with the company's quiz and I got an Interview for 3 days later.
    We started with a group interview with general questions, mostly about good or bad costumer services experiences and talk about weakness and strength.
    next, you get to be interviewed by yourself but with me, she just asked about my school, schedule and if I prefer pt or ft position.
    another interview with the department manager - clothing. this one was a bit harder, she asked a lot of questions about costumer service as well, if I did anything out of my way to help a client, if I have a clientele myself, where do I shop, how is my style, second languages, work experiences, explain my resume, explain my own life projects, if I know this brand or that brand... it was a long interview, but it was more like a chat. She made me very comfortable and was very polite and nice! explained to me about commission and about the company.
    the last interview was with the department supervisor and it was just a 'closing the deal'.

Interview Questions

because I did not feel comfortable on working with the brand that they had the position for. Maybe next time!

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

Interviewed with the Store Manager who hired me on the spot.
    Typical interview questions except to ask me how comfortable I am to approach random customers to convince them to buy a Bloomingdale's Credit Card

Interview Questions
    • "How comfortable are you to approach random customers to convince them to sign up for a Bloomingdale s Credit Card.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It was their way or the highway. I should of taken the higway. I could of been working in a much more healthy environment and been paid much more. My bad.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Bloomingdale's conducts group interviews for the first round of interviews for this position, which I was unaware of until I arrived. The difficult thing about that is that you are all asked the same question, so if you are answering second or third it becomes a challenge to be unique in your answer. They ask some informal questions like, "Where do you get your fashion inspiration" and "Walk me through dressing a mannequin--is it male or female? What is its name? What is it wearing? Where is it going?" As well as more formal ones like "What did your employer say about you in your last performance review?"

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!