Bloomingdale's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Luxury Linens Sales Associate Interview

Luxury Linens Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's a group panel process. Bunch of people were sitting in a cold room with two HR people. One is responsible for asking related questions and the other one sends out the background check chart. After the group panel, the HR person asked people come to her office one by one according to your information.

Interview Question – Maybe perhaps I didn't have related sales experiences, so it's kind of hard to talk about how to deal with your directors and your coworkers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It doesn't fit my schedule.

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Century City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had an interview with bloomingdales with one other girl who goes to my school. We had a "group" interview with three managers and then one on one interviews separately

Interview Question – What's a relationship you have been able to make and keep   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Bloomingdale's conducts group interviews for the first round of interviews for this position, which I was unaware of until I arrived. The difficult thing about that is that you are all asked the same question, so if you are answering second or third it becomes a challenge to be unique in your answer. They ask some informal questions like, "Where do you get your fashion inspiration" and "Walk me through dressing a mannequin--is it male or female? What is its name? What is it wearing? Where is it going?" As well as more formal ones like "What did your employer say about you in your last performance review?"

Interview Question – "What do you expect from a company?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Professional Interview

Sales Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – First you have to apply online and it will take you through a questionnaire, I was called in for an interview and received the job the next day after I was interviewed by the group manager.

Interview Question – Was asked about my experience, how i keep up with fashion, what customer service means to me   Answer Question

Bloomingdales Sales Professional Interview

Bloomingdales Sales Professional
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – The position: luxury clientele specialist
The process: two interviews conducted one after the other by a hiring manager and the department manager respectively
Total Time: the first interview took approximately 20-30 minutes. the second was approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Question – the position required fluency in a second language. the second interview was conducted in another language.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Competitive pay.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – I was able to get an email from a recruiter. I suggest the contact person route. I did great with all the interview questions except when they asked about the difference between a client and a customer.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a client and a customer?   View Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Sales Professional
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Individual interview lasted for an hour.The HR is very nice. She asked all the info I included in my resume and introduced one of the employees to talk about their training program to me.
Interview Question: Why Bloomingdale's?You already have a master degree why you choose to be a salesperson? Tell me about you projects you had done in the school? Which brand you want to work for? 3-5 years goal? Is there other company you are looking for?Sales experience? Work authorization?

Interview Question – Work authorization...They don't offer working visa if you may need the sponsorship in the future   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Bloomingdale's

Interview Details – Interview with 3 upper management professionals, all at different times. Professional but relaxed setting, dress appropriately. Straightforward and appropriate questions while describing the task and objectives for the position at hand. Salary expectations, employment policies, training, and desired hours discussed.

Interview Question – What makes you best suited for Bloomingdales and what can you do to best forward our business?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Garden City, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was really easy if you are a people person, there was no difficult aspect to it. Everyone seemed very friendly and non-jugdemental. They asked each of us about five questions and you knew whether or not you were hired on the spot

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was the manager asking each of us how would we sell a product which had to be something we brought with us. I wasnt expecting that because my other retail jobs never asked such a question. All in all, it wasnt difficult to explain and if you were shy they werent mean about it   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I should have known from the beginning that this would not be a good experience considering the interviews are set up by automated e-mails where you pick an open slot. At no time before the interview was there any human interaction. Once I arrived, I went into the office with the HR Manager. He informed me that since I had applied there had been staffing changes in the department. He and the other team member had each been there less than a month and the position I was there for had been filled. He said, "but we thought since you were already scheduled, we would still bring you in and see if you are interested in a sales associate position?" WHAT?? Since when would a person interviewing for an HR position be interested in a sales position? I told him, no, I was not. He replied, "I hope I didn't waste your time."

There was no consideration of my time. The entire exchange was 5 min and I had wasted more than an hour getting there, back, and preparing. Why couldn't they just send me an e-mail to say the position was filled and they would need to cancel my interview? This was for the location at Stanford Mall.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!