Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.5

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for a corporate position online, received an invite for an in-person interview at their corporate offices same day. Scheduled an interview, came in, waited for 30mins (they were running late). Finally, after interviewing a person waiting in front of me for 15mins (seemed extremely quick!), the interviewer came out to grab me. Didn't ask me any questions about my experiences. The interviewer seemed anxious sitting in front of me (wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't usually interview). First question: 'What was most challenging in your past studies', second question 'Which of your positions was most challenging', third question 'Oh, I love this company, how was that'... And just as I attempted to put a word in about my experiences at least at that one company, she kept trying to cut me off, like she had something else to do or couldn't wait to go to lunch. I tried to ask some questions, she brushed me off and told me they are interviewing right now and will let me know regardless... This all took 10-15mins!! The worst experience by far! Wouldn't recommend to anyone to waste their time like this. My experience: apply to other retailers.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Phone interview with Regional LPM, Phone interview with HR, In person interview with RLPM, In person interview with GM and another member of management, (likely Ops or HR), Take management test (personality and some problem solving) Interview with VP of LP.

Interview Questions

• Look for questions to relate Loss Prevention to internal and external customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Shop Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and 2 days later I got an email for interview. I showed up and was informed that this position is no longer available. I was really confused and very surprised that this is one of the retails store but the process is so bad . They should have called and inform me regarding the situation and I would understand. I just waste my time and my little money that I had for gas to drive 45 min and for 5 mins chat.

Interview Questions

Interview

First phone interview with behavior type questions, then in person interview in NY with and HR person and 2 employees that were buyers and interns there. Why Bloomingdales? Whats your GPA? Tell me about a time you were able to use persuassion to successfully convince someone to see things your way?

Interview Questions

• If you could be the CEO of any company what would you choose? (CANNOT choose bloomingdales or macys)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

You are invited to 1 open call interview and they dont contact to let you know you weren't chosen.

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was great at the start until she started to say that everything i was saying wasn't on my resume when it was clear as day.

Intern Buyer Interview

Interview

After dropping my resume, I had one interview with Bloomingdale's on campus. There was a pre-night event where interviewees had an opportunity to get to know previous interns and the HR representative. The interview was 30 minutes. It felt very short, and questions where mostly situation/behavioral based. It took almost 2 weeks for Bloomingdale's to get back to me. Although HR was friendly, the way they contacted me or other students was slightly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a brand that is not successful and how it can improve its business strategy.   Answer Question

Bridal Registry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After passing their lengthy pre-interview process, I was invited to interview with the HR Assistant Director. I have 10 years experience working in this industry and was looking forward to discussing possibilities. the interview was scheduled for an afternoon--an 2 hours prior I get a phone call to reschedule...Okay...so we rescheduled for 2 days later. I show up a bt early-10 min---and I'm in the Exec. office and tell the receptionist. that I'm here for an interview with Miss "Blah Blah"...she says she will contact her and to have a seat. 30 minutes goes by and not a word----Finally, I ask for an update and I am told that it's Miss "Blah Blahs" DAY OFF!! Needless to say, I walked out and lost my respect for this store that I am a frequent shopper in. Fast forward 3 years, and this particular branch closes. I wonder why? LOL......I would.Never Ever consider working for them.period.

Store Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First you attend around 2 information sessions. Answer the questions they ask even if it's a guess because they give away gift cards! You then get selected to interview with 2 managers one from Bloomingdale's and one from Macy's. Applying in the Spring is much more competitive than the Fall. First you have a basic interview with questions such give me a time you dealt with a difficult situation etc. The next part they give you a potential manager situation where you need to help improve an employees numbers. Really easy. But stress coaching!!

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult just be personable and friendly and where a smile on your face!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Typical sales/cs questions. Experience? How would you approach a customer?

Interview Questions

• How do you fit my group? (Never met the group and did not have a description)   1 Answer