Bloomingdale's

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.5

Mandarin Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. The first interview was mainly behavioral and very short, probably about 15-20 minutes. After this first interview, I was informed that I would need continue on with a manager interview. There was an opening available later that day. I met my would-be supervisor and she interviewed me in Mandarin. The questions were the usual behavioral ones as well as more specific hypothetical scenarios. I received an offer immediately following the interview.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Received a email to schedule an interview about 2 days after application. Scheduled a interview a few days after, it was a group interview. Process was relatively fast and easy. Received an email a few days later that I insedd dos receive the position

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a customer that isn't pleased?   View Answer

Better offer

Store Management Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

This was an extremely poor interview process and a waste of my time and energy. After coming into the office 3 times for 4 separate one-on-one interviews, I was then told for the first time that I need to pass an online assessment in order to proceed any further. The assessment was completely unrelated to the position at hand and I did not meet their expectations on it (which were never discussed, all I know is I did not pass). I was unable to retake the assessment because answers are, "locked in" to the system for three years. Throughout everything HR Management did not represent themselves in a professional manner. For one, one of the hiring managers was wearing UGG boots while interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give an employee unfortunate news and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and within a few days i recieved an email to set up a time and date to schedule for a group interview. Group interview questions where not difficult to answer however everyone there (5-6 applicants) applied all for different positions. So no one seemed to interact well since everyone had different interests and goals.

Interview Questions

Recieved a better opportunity elsewhere

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2011.

The process was very standard with clear communication. It started with me emailing my cover letter and resume. I heard back within a few days. I interviewed with department head and counter manager. I had a phone interview with the line rep, and from there I then interviewed with the store manager. There was also a behavior/ personality online test...though this is standard, it's always a bit awkward.

Interview Questions
    • The online behavior/ personality test. It's not hard, but you can really start to over think your answers.   Answer Question
    I didn't need to negotiate compensation because the offer was great. I did need my schedule to be somewhat flexible and they were understanding.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

It was a group interview with 10 candidates applying for the position. Very easy and basic questions. There were 2 hiring managers ,asking questions randomly. They were very nice and polite. One of them was bloomingdales manager and the other was from the agency.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online. Got an automated email response that day inviting me for a group interview the next week. 4-5 other interviewees. Very laid back and informal. Got hired on the spot after background screening, but as a holiday hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job? Tell me about yourself. Why bloomingdale's/retail? What is your favorite designer?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

They basically make it so obvious if your getting the job or not because before you leave the group interview they hold back the people that are ultimately are getting hired

Bloomingdales Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2010.

I had 3 interviews and was offered a low wage. When I met with Human Resources to fill out paperwork, the wage was even lower than what was offered in the interview but I took it anyway because I desperately needed a job with health benefits. I wish I had negotiated a higher wage. They do group interviews now.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't remember any difficult questions. It was mostly conversational, get to know you questions about my life and work experience.   Answer Question
    I didn't realize I could negotiate for such a low-wage retail job.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

It takes around 2 weeks to interview and get hired. The initial interview is with a group and then the next is with your department manager. In the group interview there was about 15 people and they asked various questions as they skipped around the room.

Interview Questions
    • Where do I see myself in 5 years or the future?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate at first. Although I was hired as seasonal I was asked to stay become Full Time after Black Friday.