Bloomingdale's

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.4

Holiday Evenings and Weekend Support Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Firstly, I'm reviewing on the interview in Soho, NYC. I was excited to be interviewed but after all the waste of time they put me through, I am highly disappointed. I came in 20 minutes early for my interview. When my scheduled time came up, there was no one in site to start the interview. So, for over 30 minutes plus my 20 minutes, I sat down in the waiting room with four other people. Eventually, the HR woman told us to go in a room where we will be interviewed. Apparently, this was going to be a group interview now, not a one on one. For ten minutes we waited in the room, until the assistant manager for recovery came to interview us.
    He was very nice and seemed young and relaxed. He asked very brief questions about our past work experience, and what is customer service and made us fill out availability sheets. After all of this, he basically said we didn't get the job. He said how they already hired the amount of people they want for seasonal and if there are let go in a month, then we may have the opportunity to fill the position. Also, if there's other departments that have current openings, we may be contacted for that too within a week.

Such a waste of time. If the position is filled, why still interview us and feed us some false hope about potential opportunities? I have a week to wait now if I can get hired, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Bloomingdales Seasonal Job/Holiday Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

I filled the application and within a couple of days I was sent a email to set up a date for an interview. The interview consisted of me a 7 other people were were asked five questions. These five questions were.
    -Tell me about yourself and previous experience you had.
    -Tell me a time you went out of your way to please a customer.
    -Tell me a time went to a store and their customer service went of their way to please you.
    -Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.
    -Tell me which celebrity influenced you or designer in fashion.

Then we were taken back out in the seating area while managers took each one of us separately and asked us questions like.
    -In your previous job experience what did you like the most about the job
    -What did you like the most about your manager and what do you think is a good manager
    -What job do you feel most comfortable doing
    -Why apply to Bloomingdales
    -What times works best for you.

Interview Questions
    • What shopping experience was the most memorable in that the worker went out of their way to service you.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

This is your typical job interview first you have to apply online. after waiting a few days (5 in my case) you are emailed back to set up your interview. It is a group interview at first then one on one if you impress the interviewers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

2 step interview process. First interview was a group interview but only one other person showed up so it was easy to explain and answer questions. Second interview was a one on one with a higher level manager.

Interview Questions
    • if you are stuck on a deserted island what two objects would you want to bring with you   Answer Question
    there was none.

Seasonal Holiday Gift Wrap/Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Applied online. Received an email invite to a group interview session the next day. Interview scheduled for one week later. There were about 8 people scheduled but we were interviewed privately on a one to one basis. The position I applied for apparently is a popular choice with job applicants and there were no more openings. I was asked about working in children's wear or men's wear which I turned down. I am being considered for a position in women's accessories. To be contacted via email within 2 days. I checked out the women's accessories dept. after the interview and all the sales clerks introduced themselves to me and were very friendly.
    PS - I'm a little stressed out about having to add appropriate black clothing to my wardrobe.

Interview Questions
    • Sell yourself to me as to why I should hire you...keeping in mind that today I've already asked 20 people the same question.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

They basically make it so obvious if your getting the job or not because before you leave the group interview they hold back the people that are ultimately are getting hired

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

It was a group interview with 10 candidates applying for the position. Very easy and basic questions. There were 2 hiring managers ,asking questions randomly. They were very nice and polite. One of them was bloomingdales manager and the other was from the agency.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got a quick response for an interview. I wasn't aware that Bloomies were going to have 3 people interview me that day. One by HR manager, another one by the store manager and last one by department manager. They all seemed pre-occupied with whatever that was going on at the store. Perhaps, not enough people in the management?! Not to mention, besides the HR manager, the other managers were not aware of meeting with me. (HR manager happened to ask them very last moment.) I was interviewed by all of them separately. Questions were the usual retail ones...

After the interview, I got a call less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you dealt with in retail environment   Answer Question

Buying Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I was referred by a professional in the company. After the referral, HR wanted to conduct a 30 minute phone screen. Then I completed an online application, personality assessment, and retail math assessment. After that, I had 1 online interview with HR and another with a professional in merchandising. Process took a few months and HR was nice. They are definitely looking for professional, passionate people.

Interview Questions
    • Initial Phone Screen: General Questions about past work experiences
      First Online Interview: Behavioral Questions & Questions about Fashion Industry (Ex: Favorite designer and why, What weaknesses does your favorite designer have, etc.)
      Second Online Interview: Specific Questions about interest in industry and company

Answer Question
    No negotiation with salary, no relocation assistance, no housing assistance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

I applied online and got a email the next day telling me I was invited for a group interview. I set up my interview for 2 weeks later. I did 2 interviews. First I was interviewed with 3 other girls by the HR manager, then I was interview by the store manager one on one. Both interviews took about and hour and a half. I was hired after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's something new you have done recently and what did you learn about yourself from this experience?   Answer Question