Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
227 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, I think I answered some behavior questions. Most of the initial process was online, I got an email to a link to select my preferred interview time and received email confirmation. Interviewed with a couple different managers from different departments. Was told there would be a background check. Offered a job about two weeks later to start the following month.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions. Asked to sell the bracelet the manager was wearing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't know about negotiation. Just accepted the initial offer of 12/hour +1% commission

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – The whole interview took about 4 hours, because I talk to two different departments, but it was easy, no hard questions, it doesn't feel like interview, more like a conversation, the people that interviewed me are very nice.

Interview Question – no difficult questions, all general questions that will be asked at any interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the department that I am interested at.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
Garden City, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2011.

Interview Details – the hiring process took about 2 weeks from walking in the store with my resume and being told i got the job after i was offered the job i had to wait a few weeks for the 2 day training class. i had 2 interviews first with HR then with the department manager

Interview Question – with my sales experience name a time i messed up with a customer and how did i make it right and what lesson i learn from it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the commission is a firm 10.88% for the women shoes dept

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, Group Interview determining how well you work with others.

Interview Question – Easy random question. Just to see how well you converse with others.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2011.

Interview Details – One-on-one interview with head management. Then another interview with the head of the department. The only two interviews that I had. People very well. Two weeks.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any. It was simple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email about 30 mins after I submitted to set up an interview. Went in for a group interview the next week and they said they'd contact us within 72 hours because none of the sales managers for the departments we applied for were there. I got a call to come in the next week. I met with the store manager and she asked a few basic questions and basically talked about the position I applied for. The manager for the department I was applying for was still not in so she said she'd call me in again for another day. Had to come in a week later to meet with the sales manager. She talked about the job and then they offered me a job.

Interview Question – If you were moving and could only take one item with you, what would it be and why?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room to negotiate.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2014.

Interview Details – My interview was a group interview with six others. We were asked a series of questions by two managers from HR. They asked us about our retail experience, where we currently worked and a hobby or something unique about ourselves. The interview ranged from going around the room to each person or a choosing each person spontaneously. The interview lasted for about thirty minutes and we then spilt up and we interviewed individually. I met with the HR manager, a manager from another department and the manager from my department. Each interviewer had their own questions and style. Even though it was a long process, it didn't feel overwhelming. It was cool to get to know everyone and chat after the interview was over. Almost everyone seemed genuine and happy to work at Bloomingdale's. I felt very welcomed and all my questions were answered.

Interview Question – What is a difficult experience or struggle you've had and what could you have done to prevent it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – I met with head of HR. We went through group interview. Met with the head of sales and then with sales floor manager. All very nice people. Easy process.

Interview Question – The biggest question we were all asked in the group interview was " if you were going to a desert island and you could only take one possession, what would it be?"   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to set up my own interview date and time and did so accordingly.

Interview Question – My interview process was very easy and flowed very easily, there were absolutely no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I applied seasonly so I received the seasonal rate which isn't very debatable in my opinion.

Short Hills, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2010.

Interview Details – IT WAS FINE