Bloomingdale's

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.4

Merchant Assistant Interview

I was first contacted by email and had to take set of tests which included critical thinking,retail math anc probelm solving questions. Few days later, I was contacted by HR and called in for a interview.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I was able to get an email from a recruiter. I suggest the contact person route. I did great with all the interview questions except when they asked about the difference between a client and a customer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a client and a customer?   View Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Individual interview lasted for an hour.The HR is very nice. She asked all the info I included in my resume and introduced one of the employees to talk about their training program to me.
    Interview Question: Why Bloomingdale's?You already have a master degree why you choose to be a salesperson? Tell me about you projects you had done in the school? Which brand you want to work for? 3-5 years goal? Is there other company you are looking for?Sales experience? Work authorization?

Interview Questions
    • Work authorization...They don't offer working visa if you may need the sponsorship in the future   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview with 3 upper management professionals, all at different times. Professional but relaxed setting, dress appropriately. Straightforward and appropriate questions while describing the task and objectives for the position at hand. Salary expectations, employment policies, training, and desired hours discussed.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you best suited for Bloomingdales and what can you do to best forward our business?   Answer Question

Mens Visual Stylist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2014.

I was contacted after filing out online application to make an appointment online. It allows you to choose an upcoming time slot to come in for interview. I made an appointment for the following week. Arriving early is good (to calm yourself & collect your thoughts).

I was met by two recruiters who asked a few questions. Then they informed me that, if invited back, that I would only get show my portfolio in the next stage (they were NOT the Bloomingdales managers I needed to see).

The next day I was asked by that recruiter to email him some of my portfolio, which I did. He did confrim receipt and that he'd pass it along.

I am still awaiting word.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with your coworker?'   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2014.

I had an interview with bloomingdales with one other girl who goes to my school. We had a "group" interview with three managers and then one on one interviews separately

Interview Questions
    • What's a relationship you have been able to make and keep   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I was recruited from another manager. They asked me what my interests were and what I like to do in my spare time. It didn't feel like an interview. I basically tried to sell my skills to them.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I asked for.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

Actually applied on their website then got an email to set up an interview. I thought it was a terrible way to hire because your answers will determine if you get an interview. You could actually beat the system by typing in certain answers to get the interview. Although it's a way of eliminating job seekers easier, it's not necessarily the best.

Interview Questions
    • What was my most difficult challenge at my former job?   Answer Question

Luxury Linens Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

It's a group panel process. Bunch of people were sitting in a cold room with two HR people. One is responsible for asking related questions and the other one sends out the background check chart. After the group panel, the HR person asked people come to her office one by one according to your information.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe perhaps I didn't have related sales experiences, so it's kind of hard to talk about how to deal with your directors and your coworkers.   Answer Question

It doesn't fit my schedule.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

I applied the position on the Bloomingdale's website and received an email asking me to choose a day for an group interview. It was a 1:1 interview and last about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked four questions: 1.Tell me about your previous work experience? 2. Why do you want to work at Bloomingdale's? 3. Is there any project that you initiate yourself? 4.How are you deal with difficult customers, co-workers, and managers? If they want to move forward, there are 2 more interviews with HR and general manger.