Bloomingdale's

Updated Dec 11, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First you attend around 2 information sessions. Answer the questions they ask even if it's a guess because they give away gift cards! You then get selected to interview with 2 managers one from Bloomingdale's and one from Macy's. Applying in the Spring is much more competitive than the Fall. First you have a basic interview with questions such give me a time you dealt with a difficult situation etc. The next part they give you a potential manager situation where you need to help improve an employees numbers. Really easy. But stress coaching!!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult just be personable and friendly and where a smile on your face!   Answer Question

Sales Manager Trainee (Stage I) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2012.

I went to a career fair and applied through my school's career website. After meeting with recruiters, they invited me for a first round interview on campus. There were two interviews. They asked behavioral questions and then gave me a case study at the end. I think as long as you know why you want to work there and are prepared to tell them why you are qualified, then it is not bad. After the 1st round, I was invited to 2nd round interviews which was held at the Bloomingdale's office in the store. They invited a group of students from my school to come for the day to meet the executives of Bloomingdale's and gave us a a tour of the store and also provided breakfast and lunch. Afterwards we had 3 back to back interviews with the executive where they kind of grill you on why you are qualified and why Bloomingdale's.They also asked about my customer service experience/retail experience. Overall I had a good experience with Bloomingdale's.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a customer that you knew was wrong?   Answer Question
    N/A

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2011.

The process was very standard with clear communication. It started with me emailing my cover letter and resume. I heard back within a few days. I interviewed with department head and counter manager. I had a phone interview with the line rep, and from there I then interviewed with the store manager. There was also a behavior/ personality online test...though this is standard, it's always a bit awkward.

Interview Questions
    • The online behavior/ personality test. It's not hard, but you can really start to over think your answers.   Answer Question
    I didn't need to negotiate compensation because the offer was great. I did need my schedule to be somewhat flexible and they were understanding.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2010.

Initially I applied online for full-time but holiday was the only thing available. I showed up for the holiday career day. There was a one on one interview which seems very casual but I'm sure they are taking notes. They asked me for my top three preferences of what section in the store I'd like to work. After some basic questions, I was scheduled a second interview with the manager of the section (on my preference list) that was hiring. One week later I interviewed with her, and was offered the job. Both interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell when there is a customer in the store?   Answer Question
    • How are you selling when there are no customers in the store?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when a customer was initially unhappy but they left happy.   Answer Question
    • Describe an incident where the customer came to return something but they ended up shopping or buying something they didn't plan on.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about selling a product to a customer if you weren't familiar with that product?   Answer Question
    Holiday pay ($10/hr) is non-negotiable. If you are offered full time or permanent you have more to work with.