Bloomingdale's

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2012.

My first interview was with the Bloomingdale's recruiter over the phone. It was about an hour and ten minutes and went very smoothly. The next interview was with same recruiter again in the home office in New York City followed by another interview immediately afterward with one of the Human Resources Executives. This wasn't so bad. Both women were really nice and extremely detailed, accommodating, and professional. The day after these interviews I sent a thank you email and received a "you'll be hearing from us about the next step" email back. I didn't hear anything from anyone at Bloomingdale's until about 2 to 3 weeks after these interviews when I finally received a call from the Bloomingdale's recruiter telling me the next interview would be next week and it would be on Long Island (2 1/2 hours from my hour...one way) to meet with the hiring manager. The interview process was normal. No real unexpected questions or anything that surprised me except for the fact that she asked me what I would do to staff my team. Basically, what tactics would I use to hire new people. I was a little thrown off by this one because with my last job we were not permitted to have anything to do with the actual recruiting of personnel. We only interviewed them and hired them once they passed the interview process. Human Resources recruited and scheduled the interview. When I left this interview I didn't get a chance to get her contact information so I called and emailed the Bloomingdale's recruiter to get the hiring manager's information so I could send a thank you email but I never received any call or email back. I thought this was the end of my interview process and I was done. Another 2 to 3 weeks went by and I received a phone call from the Central Human Resources - Executive Recruiter who wanted to schedule another interview with me (yes, this is #5) back in New York City followed by an assessment test. She scheduled it for the next week and I met with her as scheduled. The interview was the same. All basic questions and nothing out of the ordinary. They were pretty much asking a lot about me and wanted to know about me. All pretty legitimate questions. Then came the assessment.

When I was informed of this over the phone I thought it was going to be a basic skills test making sure I can add, subtract, think critically, and have an even temper so I won't "lose it" on anybody. Yeah...it wasn't that. It was basically 5 different personality/psychological tests (you read that correctly...5 different ones) totaling about 200 or so questions (maybe more) that asked the same questions over and over and OVER but phrased and worded differently each time. Oh, and did I mention that I had to take the test in a room that was the size of my closet and it had to be over 85 degrees in there with another guy also in the room taking his test? I'm not exaggerating either. The guy next to me kept wiping the sweat from his brow with the arm of his dress shirt! Luckily I had a handkerchief to wipe my face. After sitting me down and giving me the test instructions the recruiter told me I had until 6:00pm because that's when she was leaving....it was 12:30pm...and I could take a lunch if I wanted to.

So the questions on the test were things like "I NEVER get angry when a co-worker yells at me"... Do you: STRONGLY agree... Moderately Agree... Moderately Disagree... STRONGLY Disagree. Well I'm the type that answers everything truthfully and I pretty much never say never but only to a short list of things. Well I guess I didn't give them the answers they wanted to hear because after taking this test I received a phone call from the Central Human Resources - Executive Recruiter....you got it...2 to 3 weeks later...that "they decided to hire someone with more experience". In speaking with her I asked if their decision had anything to do with the results of my test and she definitively said it did not. In ending our conversation she said she would keep my information on file should anything come up in the future. From there I did the professional thing and sent the "Thank you for the opportunity" emails to those I met and interviewed with but received no response (didn't expect one). But oddly enough I continue to see the same job I applied for listed on all of the job posting websites including their own. And not with an old date...I'm talking consistently posted and resposted again and again since I applied.

So to sum it all up I spent about $169.00 in gas and tolls over the span of about 2 and a half months to be lied to. I would have just rather be told I bombed the test.

Interview Questions
  • What was my strategy to hire new personnel onto my perspective team. With my previous company all interviews were set up by Human Resources and sent to us to interview. We were not permitted to get involved with the actual recruiting process so this question threw me off.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Phone interview with Regional LPM, Phone interview with HR, In person interview with RLPM, In person interview with GM and another member of management, (likely Ops or HR), Take management test (personality and some problem solving) Interview with VP of LP.

Interview Questions
    • Look for questions to relate Loss Prevention to internal and external customer service.   Answer Question