Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandiser

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – I was recruited from another manager. They asked me what my interests were and what I like to do in my spare time. It didn't feel like an interview. I basically tried to sell my skills to them.

Interview Question – I didnt have any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked for.

Very Easy Interview

Short Hills, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, hired within a few weeks.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The company is known to ask if you are "under 40" on internet applications.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation,

Willow Grove, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2012.

Interview Details – Three interviews in person.

Interview Question – what is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked to come in for an interview to be a sales associate but I really wanted to be a merchandiser. The job was not posted online but they told me I could be in any of the open departments and easily transferred me to the right people.

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising
Orlando, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2011.

Interview Details – Most of the questions were very simple. Basically questions to find out how much experience I had for the job I was applying for. Some of the other questions were where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years and what would your dream job be?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had only applied for a holiday associate, but when they saw my resume, they immediately took me in to speck with the store mgr. I never said much at all, he just wanted me to be apart of his team and get promoted because he saw that all my background was visual.

Interview Question – what do you like about merchandising.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Merchandising

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2009.

Interview Details – The company recruits at my school. They conducted a pre-night session before interviewing us the next day. They seemed very personable. We took a Critical thinking test; mostly verbal test that assessed deductive and inductive reasoning abilities. The interview was pretty standard.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had something unexpected come up and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!