Bloomingdale's Merchandising Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.2

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and within a few days i recieved an email to set up a time and date to schedule for a group interview. Group interview questions where not difficult to answer however everyone there (5-6 applicants) applied all for different positions. So no one seemed to interact well since everyone had different interests and goals.

Interview Questions

Recieved a better opportunity elsewhere

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I was recruited from another manager. They asked me what my interests were and what I like to do in my spare time. It didn't feel like an interview. I basically tried to sell my skills to them.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2012.

Three interviews in person.

Interview Questions
    I was asked to come in for an interview to be a sales associate but I really wanted to be a merchandiser. The job was not posted online but they told me I could be in any of the open departments and easily transferred me to the right people.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2011.

Most of the questions were very simple. Basically questions to find out how much experience I had for the job I was applying for. Some of the other questions were where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years and what would your dream job be?

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2011.

Usual interview as you are asked questions about your experience and how they apply to the current available job and what pay you are expecting. There was nothing out of the ordinary in this interview from what would be expected. Do a little bit of homework about retail and the company itself and anyone will do just fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2010.

One interview, hired within a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The company is known to ask if you are "under 40" on internet applications.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation,

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in December 2009.

I had only applied for a holiday associate, but when they saw my resume, they immediately took me in to speck with the store mgr. I never said much at all, he just wanted me to be apart of his team and get promoted because he saw that all my background was visual.

Merchandising Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2009.

The company recruits at my school. They conducted a pre-night session before interviewing us the next day. They seemed very personable. We took a Critical thinking test; mostly verbal test that assessed deductive and inductive reasoning abilities. The interview was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had something unexpected come up and how you handled it.   Answer Question