Bloomingdale's Merchandising Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I was recruited from another manager. They asked me what my interests were and what I like to do in my spare time. It didn't feel like an interview. I basically tried to sell my skills to them.

Interview Questions
They gave me what I asked for.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willow Grove, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2012.

Three interviews in person.

Interview Questions
    I was asked to come in for an interview to be a sales associate but I really wanted to be a merchandiser. The job was not posted online but they told me I could be in any of the open departments and easily transferred me to the right people.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2011.

Most of the questions were very simple. Basically questions to find out how much experience I had for the job I was applying for. Some of the other questions were where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years and what would your dream job be?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2010.

One interview, hired within a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The company is known to ask if you are "under 40" on internet applications.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation,

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in December 2009.

I had only applied for a holiday associate, but when they saw my resume, they immediately took me in to speck with the store mgr. I never said much at all, he just wanted me to be apart of his team and get promoted because he saw that all my background was visual.

Merchandising Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2009.

The company recruits at my school. They conducted a pre-night session before interviewing us the next day. They seemed very personable. We took a Critical thinking test; mostly verbal test that assessed deductive and inductive reasoning abilities. The interview was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had something unexpected come up and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!